Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jzeee037 Click here to enlarge
    TB your correct with what you suggested last night. They tod me that any approve fluids on the list would be sufficient. He also said that some fluids are grippier and the computer is calibrated for the oem fluid and that a fluid with more or less grip than oem would cause the computer to go into fits trying to adjust to a fluid with more or less grip than oem.This can cause premature clutch failure.This was dumbed down for me so maybe someone who knows the make up of transfluid can expand on this more. Also enrita's trans is calibrated to use redline.This info came to me through a conversation with level 10 this morn.
    He blew smoke up your butt. I've done a ton of research on our transmission fluids. As me any question you have.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Great now you have me worried. If this were you transmission what would you use?I plan on getting fluid for change this weekend.Is there any truth to the fluids having more grip than another?Is there any other build options out there? I tried to research and thats all that comes up. Like i said before i used them on other platforms but this trannie is far more advanced.Just want a fluid that can handle the heat and last a reasonable amount of time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Transmission are a black art to me, i tried on a dodge dakota r/t once, and it never worked right again.. Paid for the Lighting trans, paid for the 335 trans, hope to not have an issue with this car
    DCT? errr..you better stock up on pentosin FFL4, as that is OEM equilalent. Stealership is basically selling you the same thing, just relabbled. Now I'd also look into a larger tranny oil cooler, maybe one with a fan, since you are supercharged.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Great now you have me worried. If this were you transmission what would you use?I plan on getting fluid for change this weekend.Is there any truth to the fluids having more grip than another?Is there any other build options out there? I tried to research and thats all that comes up. Like i said before i used them on other platforms but this trannie is far more advanced.Just want a fluid that can handle the heat and last a reasonable amount of time.
    Yes, any fluid on TE-ML 11B will suite your purposes. Either Castrol transmax z (only available in australia Click here to enlarge ) or Pentosin ATF 1, which I use. Both fluids are even TE-ML 17 approved. TE-ML 17 is for Voith transmissions, which are european mass tansit busses. These two fluids are approved for 5 year/60Kmile drain intervals for those busses! If they can handle that kind of torque, they can handle your 335I. As for who else fortifies our trannies, that, I don't know. Some day when I get RB's I'll go with level 10.

No truth to the more grip crap. There just is varying thickness (viscosty) KV 40 deg, KV 100 deg, Viscosity index. Oem, has very low numbers, so it flows easier, and is slipprier for great fuel mileage. At the track, it will suck, cus it's not thick enough to protect. The fluids on TE ML 11B have higher viscosity, will protect at the track, will shift harder when the tranny is cold, and you will suffer very slight drop off in gas mileage.

Please note though, that no fluid will protect you from damaging the tranny by drag racing. I've lost two trannies in my life to drag racing, so I know how hard that sport is to the transmission. It kindda sounds like your clutch packs are already burn't so upgraded fluids, may, or may not save you, at this point. Good Luck, and keep us posted.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Well i decided to call stett performance who is going to install turbos and build me a oil and transmission cooler. They have a zf guy locally. So i am going to take it into them with codes and let him diagnose issue.They didnt seem to impressed with the level 10 upgrade package. He also said this could be as simple as a sensor. Particularly a speed sensor or a overheating issue.They claim this guy is a zf guru so we'll see next tues. or wed.They have seen this issue before and said that they have simply had to change a sensor that is going bad.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Well i decided to call stett performance who is going to install turbos and build me a oil and transmission cooler. They have a zf guy locally. So i am going to take it into them with codes and let him diagnose issue.They didnt seem to impressed with the level 10 upgrade package. He also said this could be as simple as a sensor. Particularly a speed sensor or a overheating issue.They claim this guy is a zf guru so we'll see next tues. or wed.They have seen this issue before and said that they have simply had to change a sensor that is going bad.
    great let us know about the transmission cooler. I am interested in one as well and will buy it on the spot if well done and priced right.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yeah for sure. I didnt realize what all these guys do.Ill try to get pics of the car thats already done in their shop. Supposedly its a track only 335i and coolers are already installed on the car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Also has same turbos as you do enrita.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123