Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Yeah just need to back off boost for a while or not go to the track again until i upgrade it. Im probably not going to back off boost though. I am now a n54 addict High boost in these cars is harder to get off of than a crackhead trying to quit smoking rocks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah i had several 1.7-1.8 60' It was just what occured after that. I hate burying people out of the hole and getting run down. I would rather them just leave me from the line and know im out matched.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I could never cut a 1.8 on street tires.Only when i ran 555 dr's as street tires could i accomplish that.What kind of street tires you running?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jzeee037 Click here to enlarge
    I could never cut a 1.8 on street tires.Only when i ran 555 dr's as street tires could i accomplish that.What kind of street tires you running?
    Continental DWS

when I'm in DS mode I can cut 1.8-1.9 all day but if I launch in 2nd I get 2.0 every single time

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice ill give them a try in the future. Just found a shop to pull the tranny so i guess ill get to drive the wifes vette for a couple of weeks. She hates it as much as i cant stand trying to get into that thing but oh well i can torture it for awhile.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    hmm....maybe this is whats happening to me....this or coils lol. planning on doing a trans flush kit from ecstuning soon as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah about $4500 plus pulling and reinstalling tranny. Guy i spoke with really suggested that Rob @Cobb be contacted first and try adjusting parameters and claims that he has seen cases where this worked with the same symptoms. Also some info you guys may want to know. He said never go with any other trans. fluid. Use the same fluid it came with for a change. He has seen many cases where a fluid change has damaged the transmission. I am not a trans. tech. so i cant speek on this. This is just the info Level 10 gave me.
    This is miss-information though. As long as you use one of the fluids listed on TE-ML 11A/B, you will be just fine. This includes even castrol multivehicle atf (11A) which chriztophor has used since day one, and is also high mileage like me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    they told me the Redline ATF D6 was fine than .... so far no issues with it but it would suck if my tranny fails because of the fluid they told me was fine 6 months ago.
    Enrita, don't even think about using any thing other than high grade trans fluid, like you are already using! OEM trans fluid, was intended to help give high gas mileage, and nothing else. It's not in any way suited for your type of heat. There is trans fluid, and then there is TRANS fluid, if you know what I mean.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Im not arguing that. This is what i was told by Level 10. He asked me if i was using oem fluid which i am and commented about seeing failures from other fluids. Never were brands or was what damage was done ever mentioned. Maybe ill call in the am and set up for a pick up and ask for more details. I dont know why he would put that out there for no apparent reason though i didnt bring it up to him he asked me I dont doubt at all that other fluids can be used without issue but these guys have built transmissions for me on other platforms and i have never been steered wrong by them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Im not arguing that. This is what i was told by Level 10. He asked me if i was using oem fluid which i am and commented about seeing failures from other fluids. Never were brands or was what damage was done ever mentioned. Maybe ill call in the am and set up for a pick up and ask for more details. I dont know why he would put that out there for no apparent reason though i didnt bring it up to him he asked me I dont doubt at all that other fluids can be used without issue but these guys have built transmissions for me on other platforms and i have never been steered wrong by them.
    I don't know what level10 is doing to these trannies, but ZF germany made this transmission, and released a list of fluids that can be used on the trans. There were two lists made. One with average fluids, and one with stronger fluids for "longer drain intervals". As long as what you are using is on the list, then you should be fine. Some like enrita, are using a fluid like redline atf, and even that has been just fine. If you want to listen to level10, then be my guest. However, their info isn't coming from the manufacturer.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I here ya. Ill get more details. I had there bulletproof transmissions in my diesel trucks both a Ford that i broke several times when done by suncoast and 2 dodges that were crap from the factory.All of these were between 600-900hp and over 1200ft.lbs. Never once did i have a issue and im pretty sure level 10 didnt design those trannies. I get what your saying but just dont understand why it was brought up. To me its a preference deal.You have obviously researched this more than i have. I dont mean to put out any misinformation just putting out what they said to me.I will clarify what they mean in the morning though for sure.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Do you have a link to that list by chance? I would like to learn more about it myself.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Do you have a link to that list by chance? I would like to learn more about it myself.
    Google zf6hp19, TE-ML 11

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 Click here to enlarge
    Google zf6hp19, TE-ML 11
    cant find the list but anyway so is the redline ATF fine right? i guess i would have noticed issues by now. It should handle heat much much better than oem fluid
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Continental DWS

when I'm in DS mode I can cut 1.8-1.9 all day but if I launch in 2nd I get 2.0 every single time
    What technique are you using to cut those times? I always see the "launch in 2nd" method as the recommended way to go with autos.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Quick spin of the tires, load up to 1500-1700 rpm when staged, snap throttle to around 30%, and go wot when you feel the rear hook.

2nd gear is the best way to be consistent, not to be fastest.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    TB your correct with what you suggested last night. They tod me that any approve fluids on the list would be sufficient. He also said that some fluids are grippier and the computer is calibrated for the oem fluid and that a fluid with more or less grip than oem would cause the computer to go into fits trying to adjust to a fluid with more or less grip than oem.This can cause premature clutch failure.This was dumbed down for me so maybe someone who knows the make up of transfluid can expand on this more. Also enrita's trans is calibrated to use redline.This info came to me through a conversation with level 10 this morn.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Can you even calibrate a trans for a specific fluid?
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ive never heard of it until now. He just told me that thats why he made those comments on the previous call.Im just gonna take their advise and change my fluid and filter and reset adaptations and go out and drive aggressively and see what happens. If that doesnt work ill build it. I was going to just pull it and send it off but they said to do this first.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If someone else that knows more about these transmissions wants to call the # is on their website.Its kind of out of the area of what i normally work on.Ive always sent my transmissions off to be built. My business does not allow me to be able to tear down the transmission. Besides i have never done it on something this advanced only turbo 350 and 400's back in the day.As advanced as these trannies are my normal Co. I used said they wouldnt even attempt it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sounds a bit weird that a tranny would be "calibrated" to a specific oil.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Whatever happened to using whatever you preferred this is concerning to me.I just want it to shift at the track and not have to worry about a limp situation every other run.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Transmission are a black art to me, i tried on a dodge dakota r/t once, and it never worked right again.. Paid for the Lighting trans, paid for the 335 trans, hope to not have an issue with this car

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Any one know if i can reset using BT or does it have to be done through inpa?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    cant find the list but anyway so is the redline ATF fine right? i guess i would have noticed issues by now. It should handle heat much much better than oem fluid
    www.zf.com/na/content/media/.../TE-ML_11_en0700.pdf

you are fine with redline. Plenty of E46 guys used it in their 5hp19 trannies, with no issues.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast