Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Trans may be going.

So went to the track saturday and started having transmission issues. Im FBO with 80/20 meth Running JB4 on Map 3 with a 65 additive. Also 50/50 mix e85/93. First run just around 8th mile car shuts down with trans. malf. NO codes so shut the car off and restarted. Let the car cool and all seemed fine. Next time after getting past some codes from e85 mixture (Thanks Terry) I ran a 11.90 but my 3rd to 4th shift car shifted early somewhere between 5300 and 5700 which killed what was going to be a great run. After that couldnt get down the track without a crazy shift in upper gears. After some talk with LM and Enrita i contacted Level 10. They told me that the calculated torque needed to be adjusted before doing a upgrade. Does anyone know if this can be adjusted only through Cobb ap or if there is any other way to access these parameters? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yup, sounds like the trans. Very $$! Good luck. I think they do some kind of software update through cobb ATR?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    only through cobb right now. its a race AT code that i helped them developped with countless of logs and alpha maps testing but is not needed on cobb only 18 psi.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    only through cobb right now. its a race AT code that i helped them developped with countless of logs and alpha maps testing but is not needed on cobb only 18 psi.
    What is this code used for? Preserving the tranny? Could Cobb make it shift faster la Alpina Software?
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Such a shame. AT trannie upgrades are so $$$$. Part of the reason I decided to get my 2nd n54 with a manual trannie. Good luck!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    How many miles do you have?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah about $4500 plus pulling and reinstalling tranny. Guy i spoke with really suggested that Rob @Cobb be contacted first and try adjusting parameters and claims that he has seen cases where this worked with the same symptoms. Also some info you guys may want to know. He said never go with any other trans. fluid. Use the same fluid it came with for a change. He has seen many cases where a fluid change has damaged the transmission. I am not a trans. tech. so i cant speek on this. This is just the info Level 10 gave me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    75,000 tortured miles.I drive it hard most of the time. But only drive it on weekends now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Enrita are you saying its only needed at 18+ psi with cobb? Oh and he did mention your help with this development.Thanks for the contribution.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    What is this code used for? Preserving the tranny? Could Cobb make it shift faster la Alpina Software?
    no you cant modify the tranny software via COBB . Basically is the torque management from the ECU to the AT ECU that is modified to keep the tranny happy.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jzeee037 Click here to enlarge
    Yeah about $4500 plus pulling and reinstalling tranny. Guy i spoke with really suggested that Rob @Cobb be contacted first and try adjusting parameters and claims that he has seen cases where this worked with the same symptoms. Also some info you guys may want to know. He said never go with any other trans. fluid. Use the same fluid it came with for a change. He has seen many cases where a fluid change has damaged the transmission. I am not a trans. tech. so i cant speek on this. This is just the info Level 10 gave me.
    they told me the Redline ATF D6 was fine than .... so far no issues with it but it would suck if my tranny fails because of the fluid they told me was fine 6 months ago.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Enrita are you saying its only needed at 18+ psi with cobb? Oh and he did mention your help with this development.Thanks for the contribution.
    yes past that the torque is too much and you either get torque limit engaged which basically cuts power or the tranny starts to slip.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Can you just modify these parameters only? I am very happy with the way the JB4 has my car running right now and have upgraded turbos ready to be installed but thats on the backburner now. I was going to use terry's backend flash when the turbos are installed and thats going to be using ap.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah so i guess a +65 additive puts my car over that limit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    well with jb4 the ECU does not know the torque output. its just feeding stock values to the tranny.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah i got that. That sucks because at higher levels i cant see why the tranny would hold up running stock values. Maybe changing these parameters would help these transmission hold up a little longer.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That would suck if they told you to use redline.Maybe after upgrade this is suggested. Im just putting out there what they told me 2hrs. ago. Maybe they told LM something about this? Dont know of anyone else with the upgrade.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i forget what they told me to use, im sure it in the build thread on here somewhere

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lm no modification to calculated torque parameters. You just on jb4 only right?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Can you just modify these parameters only? I am very happy with the way the JB4 has my car running right now and have upgraded turbos ready to be installed but thats on the backburner now. I was going to use terry's backend flash when the turbos are installed and thats going to be using ap.
    The car is fed stock load and torque so its impossible the car is aware of the power it's making. Your trans is simply starting to go, could be the mechatronic or valves, who knows.

Try a 6at adaptation reset through INPA too.

And I'd rather pay 4k for the trans than have to upgrade a clutch, flywheel, half shafts and driveshafts because they can't hold up on a manual.

Theyd almost be the same cost it seems at least

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oh yeah i agree with that. Just would like to try these adjustments first.Really its inevitable its gonna have to be done in the long run.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lm no modification to calculated torque parameters. You just on jb4 only right?
    correct

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What really sucks is that on the street with michelin pilots on you get some wheel spin or alot but once you get past that it doesnt act stupid. We were roll racing after the track on saturday and it was a total beast. Shifted fine and didnt seem to slip uptop at all that i could tell but slipping seems to be hard to recognize.@myst did you upgrade yours or whatever happen with it.Remember seeing trans failure in your older posts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    just takle the problem when it actually gets so bad you are forced to upgrade it (like me). You got all the info now.
    Maybe try to change oil first and see
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What really sucks is that on the street with michelin pilots on you get some wheel spin or alot but once you get past that it doesnt act stupid. We were roll racing after the track on saturday and it was a total beast. Shifted fine and didnt seem to slip uptop at all that i could tell but slipping seems to be hard to recognize.@myst did you upgrade yours or whatever happen with it.Remember seeing trans failure in your older posts.
    No issues shifting or hooking. I've cut a 1.8 60ft on my all season street tires before in 40 degree weather. Stock suspension stock rims

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast