Close

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    que @themyst ...
    His car is just a complete freak...his RBs are way too boost happy and looks like his car is running into what look like torque limits I haven't seen before on any RB car which we're trying to sort out...hopefully we'll have him sorted soon but to him his car just feels slow no matter whats done, stack/not stack, e85/meth/race gas whatever

One really cool thing is we've managed to tune out his post shift timing flatline that his car's been renowned for many years on both the Procede and JB...many piggyback 6AT N54 cars seem to have this issue so hit us up if you're interested...picking up target timing post shift instead of 0 or going negative and then slowly ramping up makes a huge difference when going fast
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    One really cool thing is we've managed to tune out his post shift timing flatline that his car's been renowned for many years on both the Procede and JB...many piggyback 6AT N54 cars seem to have this issue so hit us up if you're interested...picking up target timing post shift instead of 0 or going negative and then slowly ramping up makes a huge difference when going fast
    its great you guys can fix that for him. I personally think he was chasing a ghost performance wise, but
    like you said though, his cars, either one, have never been exceding the standards, I think its the driver Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Me & Benzy89 usually go Thursday and Sunday nights to "Philly Car Meets". I would like to see the low 11sec M3 show up too Click here to enlarge. If any other Bimmers in the Philly/suburbs area wanna come please join us on those nights. Not enough BMW's show up.

BTW I cannot upload the video link yet since I am a member of zero days

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    its great you guys can fix that for him. I personally think he was chasing a ghost performance wise, but
    like you said though, his cars, either one, have never been exceding the standards, I think its the driver Click here to enlarge
    When I ran the JB4 at 20 psi the car felt retarded fast, problem is it flatlined timing so it hit a wall post shift. @ChuckD05 has the same flatlining issue with his new E92 so I know it's not isolated only to my car.

I think there is another limit in the "working" maps that need addressing?

Logs look great, but car feels slow. We shall see.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sleepy_Bimmer Click here to enlarge
    Me & Benzy89 usually go Thursday and Sunday nights to "Philly Car Meets". I would like to see the low 11sec M3 show up too Click here to enlarge. If any other Bimmers in the Philly/suburbs area wanna come please join us on those nights. Not enough BMW's show up.

BTW I cannot upload the video link yet since I am a member of zero days
    try again now, i think it goes by rep and your good onthat now

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    When I ran the JB4 at 20 psi the car felt retarded fast, problem is it flatlined timing so it hit a wall post shift. @ChuckD05 has the same flatlining issue with his new E92 so I know it's not isolated only to my car.

I think there is another limit in the "working" maps that need addressing?

Logs look great, but car feels slow. We shall see.
    if you ran a 8.x 60-130, it should be well into the 120's trap range. I just never saw it as makin a HUGE impact on performance

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Holy crap I wish I lived closer to NJ(OK, maybe not really) I would love to have some fun.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    try again now, i think it goes by rep and your good onthat now

if you ran a 8.x 60-130, it should be well into the 120's trap range. I just never saw it as makin a HUGE impact on performance
    By some amazing miracle I didn't flatline on that 17.5 psi 60-130 run. I did a test of 60-130 flatlining and not flatlining on stock turbos, flatlining is worth 1.5 mph in the quarter and .3 in the 60-130. Quite significant.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    His car is just a complete freak...his RBs are way too boost happy and looks like his car is running into what look like torque limits I haven't seen before on any RB car which we're trying to sort out
    What other RB cars have you been working on and what are the results?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    What other RB cars have you been working on and what are the results?
    A number of RB N54s actually, sucks people don't run out to dynos for graphs like I do and a number of them have/had to do maintenance on their car such as clutches, batteries, ignition coils, pumps, boost leaks, brakes etc Click here to enlarge

Other than that so far i think we've done a couple RB 1Ms, a number of RB E90 and E92s with manual and auto trannies, right now working on one in Singapore with a DCT and the clutches are starting to slip even on pump gas so they're looking into possibly an SSP upgraded clutch pack soon..Andy's 335xi 6AT with RBs on pump gas was posted early on..his was the first RB car we officially did as PTF

We're not shy posting updates so anything we get we'll try to post up with approval of the customer of course
    Last edited by dzenno@PTF; 08-28-2012 at 01:45 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    By some amazing miracle I didn't flatline on that 17.5 psi 60-130 run. I did a test of 60-130 flatlining and not flatlining on stock turbos, flatlining is worth 1.5 mph in the quarter and .3 in the 60-130. Quite significant.
    did you post slips logs or vbox runs? sorry, but i dont take anyone words on anything w/o evidence Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

did you post slips logs or vbox runs? sorry, but i dont take anyone words on anything w/o evidence Click here to enlarge
    Uh yeah dude you responded to the verified run on 6speedonline.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Log from the 8.46 17.5 psi run with no flatline (which still sorta did)

@JonsC63AMG can vouch for me, he physically saw the vbox after the run. I don't see why that number isn't believable, it's not even fast.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Uh yeah dude you responded to the verified run on 6speedonline.

not the run, but logs/data that flatline is worth .3 and 1.5 mph

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    not the run, but logs/data that flatline is worth .3 and 1.5 mph
    Re: quarter mile you were there for that, I trapped 116.3 when I flatlined 4th, 117.91 when I didn't.

I don't understand how you can't make sense of it. Instead of 10 degrees you have -1.5. Multiply by 3 cylinders that's an easy 20-30 whp loss.

I did 60-130 runs with stock turbos on 0 slope, again Jon was there for this. I ran a 10.3 no flatline, 10.6 with flatline, and heatstroke is not an issue since I did the flatline first.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    LOL, someone lend the slowest car a forward facing go pro so i can ACTUALLY see how the 335's stack up.
    I'm fully aware if the 4 cars were to line up (2 335's & the 2 S/C M3s), it's basically two separate races going on at the same time. @Sleepy_Bimmer has a video when I was using a different E85 Blend PTF Tune, think he's just editing to put it up here. There's 2 separate runs, think they were from a 40 MPH roll
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Re: quarter mile you were there for that, I trapped 116.3 when I flatlined 4th, 117.91 when I didn't.

I don't understand how you can't make sense of it. Instead of 10 degrees you have -1.5. Multiply by 3 cylinders that's an easy 20-30 whp loss.

I did 60-130 runs with stock turbos on 0 slope, again Jon was there for this. I ran a 10.3 no flatline, 10.6 with flatline, and heatstroke is not an issue since I did the flatline first.

would need to see the slip, you know so many things vary to affect your mph and ET, you know the same is true with a 60-130. If you had a dyno of it, i would believe you. im not saying its bnot, but to label a # to the loss of performance isnt justified yet.. you remember your talking to the only DCT owner that doesnt think its worth 3-10 mph in the 1/4 mile Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    I'm fully aware if the 4 cars were to line up (2 335's & the 2 S/C M3s), it's basically two separate races going on at the same time. @Sleepy_Bimmer has a video when I was using a different E85 Blend PTF Tune, think he's just editing to put it up here. There's 2 separate runs, think they were from a 40 MPH roll
    if he cant post it, you can, or i can

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    would need to see the slip, you know so many things vary to affect your mph and ET, you know the same is true with a 60-130. If you had a dyno of it, i would believe you. im not saying its bnot, but to label a # to the loss of performance isnt justified yet.. you remember your talking to the only DCT owner that doesnt think its worth 3-10 mph in the 1/4 mile Click here to enlarge
    Still scarred from the pwnage @Laloosh put on you, eh lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    His car is just a complete freak...his RBs are way too boost happy and looks like his car is running into what look like torque limits I haven't seen before on any RB car which we're trying to sort out...hopefully we'll have him sorted soon but to him his car just feels slow no matter whats done, stack/not stack, e85/meth/race gas whatever

Turns out they're not TOO boost happy just another load limit to break through

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

Here's the video of me vs. @Sleepy_Bimmer in Mexico. The camera was mounted from the rear passenger (right side) headrest. 1st run was started at 30 MPH, 2nd run started at 45 MPH.

I was running a 20% E85 Blend on my COBB PTF Tune (3.5 Gallons to a Full Tank of 93), FBO. Sleepy's car was strictly the tune, 50/50 Blend.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Cool thanks for posting this LM. Makes me feel better about my recent ESS purchase. Click here to enlarge

In my two runs with the ESS 535 M3's, I was the one running meth in my 335 - and the M3's didn't have meth. In your run here, you have meth and the 335's do not (from what i can tell). It would be interesting if you could run a meth stock turbo n54, and not activate meth on your end. I think quite a few would be very interested in that. My car is not an outlier and the fact that my 335 was pulling on the M3's once we hit triple digit speeds seems very strange.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by longboarder Click here to enlarge
    Cool thanks for posting this LM. Makes me feel better about my recent ESS purchase. Click here to enlarge

In my two runs with the ESS 535 M3's, I was the one running meth in my 335 - and the M3's didn't have meth. In your run here, you have meth and the 335's do not (from what i can tell). It would be interesting if you could run a meth stock turbo n54, and not activate meth on your end. I think quite a few would be very interested in that. My car is not an outlier and the fact that my 335 was pulling on the M3's once we hit triple digit speeds seems very strange.
    Makes perfect sense actually, those 535 kits aren't intercooled hence will heat soak. LM runs meth for octane benefit and to ward off that issue. Also if they start too low in the powerband they have $#@! for power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    first run was in 2nd gear & the second run was in 3rd gear. Not the best of quality, used my Sony JVC camcorder !

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Still scarred from the pwnage @Laloosh put on you, eh lol
    doesnt really make sense, but sure. id love for you and he to make the trip again, it will let me know how my car is actually performing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Here's the video of me vs. @Sleepy_Bimmer in Mexico. The camera was mounted from the rear passenger (right side) headrest. 1st run was started at 30 MPH, 2nd run started at 45 MPH.

I was running a 20% E85 Blend on my COBB PTF Tune (3.5 Gallons to a Full Tank of 93), FBO. Sleepy's car was strictly the tune, 50/50 Blend.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlXN0DfFrEQ

wont give me a 45mph start.....

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by longboarder Click here to enlarge

I thought you might be interested in this. like i said, at altitude, its hurting a s/c much more than turbos. that alone could be the equalizer. Add that you had meth, and they were not I/C'd, i think its perfectly acceptable that you beat them (heatsoak). I mean, terry raped PG, and his is a 125ish car, yours probably a 118-120 car, which, is really what this kit is..
    at the least, i had 470 hp in this, i think its more now though, maybe 480-485(?) due to meth. WHat im concerned with now, is if how i pulled in 4th gear, is how the car should be pulling in every gear, but im just quenching it. May NEED a progressive controller for meth on this car. I have one coming so ill find out.

There is a dct 600 car that comes out to these, so i want to see how i stack up against it. if its pretty even, then im happy (I think it will be)

Makes perfect sense actually, those 535 kits aren't intercooled hence will heat soak. LM runs meth for octane benefit and to ward off that issue. Also if they start too low in the powerband they have $#@! for power.
    correction, im not using it for octane, since these kits are designed for 91, and i already run 93. if i maximize whats in it, then yes you would be correct, but im not tuned for it, maximizing the octane benefit. cooling, hell yea, why wouldnt I Click here to enlarge

And yes, we started way too low for me. id like to try at 40mph

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast