Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well it's damn cold and only going to get colder I suppose.

It's hot here Click here to enlarge
    Yes its gonna reach abt -22 degree F in 2-3 months..but we will do the last fine tune in the dyno so..Click here to enlarge

And then send a complete kit to Asia for further testing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When the car should go to the dyno ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Crackers Click here to enlarge
    When the car should go to the dyno ?
    As soon as its avaible.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Hey Jonas, will you use the water injection into the plenium only or will you also do one on the Superchargers Impeler? Not sure its needed on a supercharger though, Turbo impelers get pretty hot since they are on the exhaust side of the engine.
    1995 BMW M3GT nr:111/350 TwinTurbo and some other mods.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3GTtt Click here to enlarge
    Hey Jonas, will you use the water injection into the plenium only or will you also do one on the Superchargers Impeler? Not sure its needed on a supercharger though, Turbo impelers get pretty hot since they are on the exhaust side of the engine.
    Hey,
    Right now we inject meth (1 nozzle) in the ic pipe just before the plenum in the airflow direction, but we dont get any "good" result.. i had personaly expect more bang when using the meth BUT its really cold here so for cooling it doesnt do much now, we need to do further testing once we are in dyno and can play with ambitent temps.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JAWS Motorsport Click here to enlarge
    Hey,
    Right now we inject meth (1 nozzle) in the ic pipe just before the plenum in the airflow direction, but we dont get any "good" result.. i had personaly expect more bang when using the meth BUT its really cold here so for cooling it doesnt do much now, we need to do further testing once we are in dyno and can play with ambitent temps.
    Getting Meth injection just right is a daunting task evidently. I did not realize how critical nozzle position and spray distribution is. One way to test is to measure EGT of each cylinder. Get a base line and then look at values with the nozzle in different positions, different pressures and possibly different nozzle spray patterns. IDK for certain.

Does this sound valid to you? I only mention it because i read a recent post. The post is unsubstantiated. I have no idea of its validity, but it sounds reasonable. Here is a quote. Tell me what you think please. Does it sound reasonable?:

"When HPF tuned for stage 2 with the methanol injection they had EGT sensors on every cylinder to ensure even distribution of Methanol. With that much care taken over every detail you can be sure the rest of the tune is just about perfect. This means you can be sure it is running very smoothly with no detonation or over heating due to poor mixtures or bad ignition timing so I think you might be surprised how long the entire drivetrain might last when things are done right."

Do you guys HAVE sensors on each runner BTW?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Maybe you are not pushing the Ignition hard enough Jonas for the Meth to do anything Click here to enlarge
    1995 BMW M3GT nr:111/350 TwinTurbo and some other mods.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Arent the tunes for Turbo cars that use meth so agressive that running out of meth during a big pull would ruin the motor? HPF uses meth as FUEL, not just a cooler like AA does with their SC's. Right?

But HPF has a fail safe or a lean alarm that will sound if there is a failure in the meth delivery system.
    Is this correct? I THINK it is so.

The HP gain for turbo when meth is added can be VERY large. I never have seen all that large of gains with SC and meth. AA does not have a Meth specific tune. Their SC's are designed to run safely at full throttle even if the meth tank runs DRY. They use it more for cooling than as an actual fuel. They run at a 50 50 mix too.

The next statement I am not certain of. Tell me if I am incorrect. It is my belief that in order to really get anything out of meth injection you need to tune specifically for meth as a FUEL (octane booster). But then you would need fail safes if the tank ever went dry or the meth pump failed like they do for Turbos that run meth injection.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bdave Click here to enlarge
    Arent the tunes for Turbo cars that use meth so agressive that running out of meth during a big pull would ruin the motor? HPF uses meth as FUEL, not just a cooler like AA does with their SC's. Right?

But HPF has a fail safe or a lean alarm that will sound if there is a failure in the meth delivery system.
    Is this correct? I THINK it is so.

The HP gain for turbo when meth is added can be VERY large. I never have seen all that large of gains with SC and meth. AA does not have a Meth specific tune. Their SC's are designed to run safely at full throttle even if the meth tank runs DRY. They use it more for cooling than as an actual fuel. They run at a 50 50 mix too.

The next statement I am not certain of. Tell me if I am incorrect. It is my belief that in order to really get anything out of meth injection you need to tune specifically for meth as a FUEL (octane booster). But then you would need fail safes if the tank ever went dry or the meth pump failed like they do for Turbos that run meth injection.
    Well, it should adapt ignition more than what it does..so we are thinking of put 6 nozzles one in each TB, we are not tuning for meth..its just a extra saftey and power booster. We are thinking of change fuel to E85 and also put a even bigger supercharger (Novi2200) since we are pushing this Novi1500SL to its MAX with 54750rpm and 18psi (825hp)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nice choice of E85
    you think E85 And big supercharger can do more than 800 hp?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Nice choice of E85
    you think E85 And big supercharger can do more than 800 hp?
    We need to go to Dyno first and see what horsepower we are putting out now, the car is fast but since weather is very cold here the lack of traction is our big issue..im confident we will manage 6,9X in 60-130mph as the car stands now...we allready did a verified run of 7,45 w/o meth installed.

When going E85 we will need to change fuelsystem for bigger lines and bigger injectors again.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think totally doing away with the entire meth system and ALL its little issues is way smart if you have E85 available.
    I really hope you decide to do that. It would be SUCH a huge winner. You are really on the right track with that thinking, sir! Keep the information coming. It just gets more interesting.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Have you résult of dyno of the stage 3?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Have you résult of dyno of the stage 3?
    JAWS is not a vendor here any longer but I'll be nice and leave this open.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Any news here? Vidéo ? Dyno ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

JAWS is not a vendor here any longer but I'll be nice and leave this open.
    Why? What happened?
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    Why? What happened?
    Nothing they just didn't have the advertising budget to justify a market where most of their customers aren't. A European board makes more sense for them.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Nothing they just didn't have the advertising budget to justify a market where most of their customers aren't. A European board makes more sense for them.
    Roger that.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

good jop

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345