Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Euro M3 S50B32 is diffrent, there arent many kits avaible on this side of the antlantic ocean but still "to" low interest...we sold like 15 kits so far..

We arent doing this to be rich, we are doing it for fun..thats the diffrent between us and most of the other tuners.

But we are investing in tools and have the right connections to map the latest Bmw ECUīs on the market, its just a mather of time and will Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    I hope you guys survive. Nice work done.

Problem is S50 B30- B32 market is almost closed. Very few people will be looking for a S50 B32 S/C kit.

On the E46 M3 side, several supercharger companies took the MAIN share, when they first came out. Active has been first entrant and took the main shares off the E46 M3 segment. They sold worldwide.

Other E46 M3 Supercharger suppliers poured into the market, and take some further shares. ESS, Gintani, VF, G Power, ASA....

Then came HPF, made the first "bolt on S54" turbo kits. They sold over 100 kits worldwide, maybe nowadays the number has hit 140-150.
    HPF is trying to survive by inventing new products, new add-ons. Its not that easy to "survive". A tuner cannot survive by just selling kits, unless its a gallardo turbo kit priced at 80.000-120.000 USD. The main problem for the BMW tuners is the profit margin.

Their costs are "high", prices tend to go down due to competition and due to other brands of cars. Other brands of cars such as GTRs, 996 TTs are getting cheaper to modify, that should also be taken into account.

Anyway, in order to survive, you need to sell with proper profit margins, invent Products/Intermediary Packages such as HPF does.
    I find HPF's marketing successful.

I think E46 M3 is not the correct car to work on, too many players. You may need to move on to F30 gasoline cars or to a new model. Just my 2 cents....

Finally, good luck with the projects.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I hope you guys survive. Nice work done.

Problem is S50 B30- B32 market is almost closed. Very few people will be looking for a S50 B32 S/C kit.

On the E46 M3 side, several supercharger companies took the MAIN share, when they first came out. Active has been first entrant and took the main shares off the E46 M3 segment. They sold worldwide.

Other E46 M3 Supercharger suppliers poured into the market, and take some further shares. ESS, Gintani, VF, G Power, ASA....

Then came HPF, made the first "bolt on S54" turbo kits. They sold over 100 kits worldwide, maybe nowadays the number has hit 140-150.
    HPF is trying to survive by inventing new products, new add-ons. Its not that easy to "survive". A tuner cannot survive by just selling kits, unless its a gallardo turbo kit priced at 80.000-120.000 USD. The main problem for the BMW tuners is the profit margin.

Their costs are "high", prices tend to go down due to competition and due to other brands of cars. Other brands of cars such as GTRs, 996 TTs are getting cheaper to modify, that should also be taken into account.

Anyway, in order to survive, you need to sell with proper profit margins, invent Products/Intermediary Packages such as HPF does.
    I find HPF's marketing successful.

I think E46 M3 is not the correct car to work on, too many players. You may need to move on to F30 gasoline cars or to a new model. Just my 2 cents....

Finally, good luck with the projects.
    JAWS seems to be doing just fine....

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    JAWS seems to be doing just fine....
    Hope they do. Time will tell.

Most of the European tuners tend to sell supplementary parts such as wheels, body kits, brakes, just look at G power...
    E36 M3 Euro TT 60-130 mph 4.49 s
    E46 M3 3.6L TT 60-130 mph 4.22 s
    All Wheel drive M3 Twin Turbo
    997 TT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Hope they do. Time will tell.

Most of the European tuners tend to sell supplementary parts such as wheels, body kits, brakes, just look at G power...
    Or Dinan? Or Hamann? Not the league we have our target for...we do not feel the pressure and if we only would sell 1 supercharger kit a year we are fine with that Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good stuff guys,keep up a good work,and cant wait for stage3 results.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by narusa Click here to enlarge
    Good stuff guys,keep up a good work,and cant wait for stage3 results.
    Yah a small update here we have made a larger crank pulley to increase boost and prevent belt slip which is a issue when passing 500+ hp and 10psi of boost on the Paxton charger. ( will do a test on a 8-ribbed pulley system during the winter )

On picture a OEM E46 M3 pulley and a JAWS E36/E46 Stage 1th gen pulley and the latest Stage 3 pulley for +20psi of boost

We also put xx% larger injector vs the stage 1 and 2 kit.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JAWS Motorsport Click here to enlarge
    Or Dinan? Or Hamann? Not the league we have our target for...we do not feel the pressure and if we only would sell 1 supercharger kit a year we are fine with that Click here to enlarge
    good luck, we all love E46 M3s, dont we?

I am working on my E46 M3 to have a faster than 4,23 s 60-130 time, and with full weight, A/C on the car.
    997 TT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

I am working on my E46 M3 to have a faster than 4,23 s 60-130 time, and with full weight, A/C on the car.
    You are not selling it no more? I thought you posted some where that you were selling this car.
    John 3:16

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Your 60-130mph time is enormous fast twice as fast as our 540whp car, good work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    You are not selling it no more? I thought you posted some where that you were selling this car.
    My e46 m3 tt has so many custom made parts in it that they make the car special for me and want to keep forever.
    stroker, billet main caps, 9200 rpm revving bottom end and cylinder head, dual fuel systems, 12 fuel injectors...... I love S54.
    Spent so much time with S54s not time to enjoy.
    997 TT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JAWS Motorsport Click here to enlarge
    Your 60-130mph time is enormous fast twice as fast as our 540whp car, good work.
    thanks a lot.
    well traction related issues were the main causes that kept me from achieving 3.xx second 60-130 times.

lately traction did improve dramatically. now I can put more power to the ground.
    Moreover, we changed the complete turbo system. From turbos to downpipes, from intercooler to the pressurized piping. All changed.
    gearing has been changed.
    With all these changes, I am expecting sub 4 s 60-130 times by march 2013, hopefully 3,6- 3,7 seconds

This sub 4 s time should be made with the A/C on the car,stock seats, stock interior. I am trying to make the m3 look sound drive like stock but hit 130 in less than 4 seconds.
    Last edited by Twinturbom3; 10-08-2012 at 06:05 PM.
    997 TT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    very nice pulley

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    "We" are also building a trackday E46 M3, a friend is the owner and doing the widebody carbonfibre kit him self, roof, doors, arches, fenders..everything! its a AMAZING car!

Engine is still 3,2 with JAWS spec billet pistons and rods from DP in Greece, billet main caps and L19 spec everywhere, ported and polished head with oversized Supertech valves, shrick cams and so on...only restriction is the Comp billet Turbo with ceramic bearings, will be able to push it to 800whp, it also have a pro trackday chassie with rebuilt geometry..fitting 330+ rear wheels and so on.

So 1300kgs and 800whp will hopefully take it to sub 5īs or high 4īs.

thanks a lot.
    well traction related issues were the main causes that kept me from achieving 3.xx second 60-130 times.

lately traction did improve dramatically. now I can put more power to the ground.
    Moreover, we changed the complete turbo system. From turbos to downpipes, from intercooler to the pressurized piping. All changed.
    gearing has been changed.
    With all these changes, I am expecting sub 4 s 60-130 times by march 2013, hopefully 3,6- 3,7 seconds

This sub 4 s time should be made with the A/C on the car,stock seats, stock interior. I am trying to make the m3 look sound drive like stock but hit 130 in less than 4 seconds.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    800 whp and 2866 pounds? If you guys meet those goals... wow.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Do you have photo of this amazing car?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    800 whp and 2866 pounds? If you guys meet those goals... wow.
    Doors are carbon aswell...seats..ALOT of things!

All painted in the cars org colour..thats before rebuild of wb kit..but doors here are 4kg CF

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    "We" are also building a trackday E46 M3, a friend is the owner and doing the widebody carbonfibre kit him self, roof, doors, arches, fenders..everything! its a AMAZING car!

Engine is still 3,2 with JAWS spec billet pistons and rods from DP in Greece, billet main caps and L19 spec everywhere, ported and polished head with oversized Supertech valves, shrick cams and so on...only restriction is the Comp billet Turbo with ceramic bearings, will be able to push it to 800whp, it also have a pro trackday chassie with rebuilt geometry..fitting 330+ rear wheels and so on.

good to see others building special m3s. good luck. keep up the good work.
    997 TT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yah a small update here we have made a larger crank pulley to increase boost and prevent belt slip which is a issue when passing 500+ hp and 10psi of boost on the Paxton charger. ( will do a test on a 8-ribbed pulley system during the winter )

On picture a OEM E46 M3 pulley and a JAWS E36/E46 Stage 1th gen pulley and the latest Stage 3 pulley for +20psi of boost

We also put xx% larger injector vs the stage 1 and 2 kit.
    do you sell the stage 1 crank pulley separately for people who want to run more boost on there supercharged e46 m3's?

I am interested in one!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ///m325i Click here to enlarge
    do you sell the stage 1 crank pulley separately for people who want to run more boost on there supercharged e46 m3's?

I am interested in one!
    Yes we do.

USD 250 + shipping for billet wheel.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What are the pulley diameters you are selling? 6 rib?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jcm3 Click here to enlarge
    What are the pulley diameters you are selling? 6 rib?
    Yes.

We have 14Xmm and 16Xmm depending on required boost, 16X is also better to avoid belt slip since u need to also have a bigger pulley on the supercharger.

We will also do a upgraded pulley and belt system 8-rib this winter if we see any problems on 18psi of boost as we are running on our stage 3 system.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    the car is finish ? do you have dyno of the car?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Crackers Click here to enlarge
    the car is finish ? do you have dyno of the car?
    No..car is not finnished yet, we have finished the stage 3 map w/o meth injection and the car is ok fast now, approx 7,5 sec 60-130mph but with meth injection it will be a killer for sure, will know within approx a week.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Bigger pulley is very good idea!
    About the Sachs clutch...are you positive that is going to hold up? I personally would be looking at feramic clutch from HPF/South Bend. Cant wait to see dyno results!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Same, want to see the dyno results.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast