Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Mforce Design M3 Sideskirts on 335 review

Done by former_boosted_IS:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Former_Boosted_IS Click here to enlarge
    Like the title says, I honestly never thought I would be able to write this review. Let me start with the negative... I have now test fitted 4 different sets of M-Force Design M3 Sideskirts. I have pulled the sideskirts off my 335i more times than I would like to admit. I have felt frustration that I wasn't able to get a perfect fitting M3 sideskirt. Prior to installation of the current set of M-Force Design M3 sideskirts, I feel M-Force achieved 98% fitment and it was acceptable but still not perfect. After the hassle of 3 other installations, I felt the fitment was pretty good. The flaws were very small fitment issues and the material was not what I would have preferred.

The positive... M-Force has the single best matching paint I have ever seen. It is always a spot on match on my car. The fact that they are still trying to perfect their product speaks volumes about their commitment to the E9x community. However, the reality to this point was a product that was not 100% fitment and not OEM material... well that is until now.

Experience with M-Force Design

M-Force has always been pleasant to purchase from. They do a good job, especially considering English is not their first language. They have always seemed pleasant and they have communicated the shipping info well with me. M-Force pm'd the tracking info immediately after I ordered and I was able to prepare for installation upon the arrival of the package.

In my experience, M-Force Design has always done an excellent job packaging and protecting the items for the trip to my house.

Click here to enlarge

Each item is individually wrapped and sealed to protect them from scrapes either from the box or the other skirt.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Some new items on this version of the M-Force Design M3 Sideskirts are some replacement parts. The green parts below are the pops that hold the rear part of the sideskirt to the body of the car. I am pumped these were included because they do distort after removing and installing the new skirts. Great addition! The clips included were not correct for my spec vehicle, so I reused the yellow clips from my stock sideskirts.

Click here to enlarge

Upon opening the package, I got to see the skirts. The paint is stellar as M-Force has always been excellent here.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

When you turn over the sideskirt to see the rear, you now see one of the big changes. M-Force made the latest version of their M-Force Design out of what appears to be PUR or the OEM material. This is by far the highest quality M-Force Design M3 Sideskirt to date. They are not remotely flimsy but well designed rugged OEM like skirts.

Click here to enlarge

The door sill area is rugged and strong.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

The front clip section is well build and flexible for flush fitment.

Click here to enlarge

The bottom line is the build quality was superior on this set whic is made out of PUR or OEM-like material. M-Force now includes replacement pops for securing the rear skirts, but the clips did not fit my spec car. From the what I saw in the box, I was very encouraged that the build quality was tremendous, but fitment would tell the real story.

Installation/Fitment

Installing sideskirts has been covered by so many DIYs on the forum, so I will defer to them. I do want to cover the hardware replacement though. As I stated, the new kit comes with replacement pops to secure you sideskirts to the body of the car. To remove the stock pops, just use a set of needle nose pliars and pull the old pops out.

Click here to enlarge

The new pops just press into place.

Click here to enlarge

The rear yellow clips will be reused from the stock skirts and inserted on the new M-Force Design M3 Sideskirts.

Click here to enlarge

The rest of the install is very routine and everything went together very easy on this set. Every single bolt, clip, push lock went perfectly into place as stock. All the screw holes lined up perfectly. There was no cutting, sanding, sawing, drilling, etc. whatsoever. This was a full PNP replacement as advertised.

Fitment

This is where my heart skipped a beat. I honestly did not want to install another set of sideskirts on this car, but the potential of perfect fitment was too tempting. I knew where to expect issues if they were going to occur. I had to watch the front driver's side fender well for flush fitment, securely locking rear clips, excessive gap in the top/rear of the sideskirt near the body, perfectly lined up mounting holes, and passenger side rear bulge near the rear clips. These were the minor issues the last set of M-Force Design M3 Sideskirts had. The results on the new M-Force Design M3 Sideskirts?

Let's go through this very closely. First the fender wells fit perfectly. No gap, no bulge, and fully OEM like fitment. The gap in the driver's side fender well is 100% fixed. Also notice they line up with the body perfectly.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Perfect fitment in the front between the body and the skirt. No excessive gap at all.

Click here to enlarge

Absolutely stunningly flush fitment down the door.

Click here to enlarge

The excessive gap in the top rear portion of the sideskirt between the skirt and the body panel is gone.

Click here to enlarge

Oh and I mean gone.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Now the fitment is identical from passenger to driver's side. Identical!

Did M-Force fix the small bulge on the passenger rear of the sideskirt near the mounting clips? 100% fixed. In fact, the fitment is flush down the entire car now. The only area that "pushes" is the area where the front door seem is located, but from what I can tell that is a characteristic of the M3 sideskirt even on the authentic.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

As always with M-Force Design, the paint is a spot on match.

Results

I will be the first to say this has been a long road, but that road has come to an end. M-Force has always had excellent paint and good communications. We all know that. What's different now is they have an incredible quality/fitting M3 sideskirt. In addition, they now give you hardware replacements for the deformed stock pops that hold the sideskirts to your car.

The new M-Force Design M3 Sideskirts are made out of high quality OEM/PUR material. The paint is a spot on match. The pops line up perfectly like stock. The holes for mounting hardware are perfectly placed for PNP fitment. There are no gaps whatsoever in the fender wells. The skirts sit flush with the body in the door area. There are no gaps in the rear of the sideskirts in the upper portion near the body panel. There are no buldges anywhere along the skirt.

I have been waiting to say this for a long time. M-Force Design M3 Sideskirts are made out of OEM-like PUR material, with a perfect paint match, and OEM-like fitment. If these are not 100% fitment, then I don't know what is.

There is no longer any need to try to modify the M3 sideskirts to fit the E92 and create odd lines because the king has arrived.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    nice fit and finish
    ive been wanting to get these for so long
    just waiting for a good deal

it took three sets to get it right? they dont all fit the same?
    ive heard some are off on one side sometimes

i want a better shot of this to see if the line on the side of the fenderwell lines up with the line on the skirt
    Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by e92; 07-06-2010 at 08:11 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i like these side skirts where can i buy me a pair?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chnbxl22 Click here to enlarge
    i like these side skirts where can i buy me a pair?
    Anyone know where he can get these?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think you have to PM Frank@M-Froce on e90post
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by folgrz Click here to enlarge
    I think you have to PM Frank@M-Froce on e90post
    Well that sucks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    So i found out you dont have to be a member of e90 to get these skirts

just shoot an e-mail over to ivan.jcsonic@gmail.com

he is a reseller for the sideskirts for whoever may be interested!

2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by folgrz Click here to enlarge
    So i found out you dont have to be a member of e90 to get these skirts

just shoot an e-mail over to ivan.jcsonic@gmail.com

he is a reseller for the sideskirts for whoever may be interested!

Good stuff Click here to enlarge