Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

WOTBox install help

OK guys. I'm attempting to install the WOTBox today and take some pictures so N2MB can create detailed install instructions for the n54. Problem is I know nothing about the n54/e92 wiring details. I have the wiring diagram Dzenno posted up but I blow things up for a living, I'm no electrical engineer. LOL Attached are pictures of what I think I have so far. I think the small grey connector is x6001, only because the color coded wires Dzenno gave me match the pin locations. What I don't know is where x6004 is? There are no pins on the 4 main harnesses that have a white wire in the pin1 location. Is the small black connector in the last picture x6004? It has the same wire colors as the wiring diagram for the ignition coils. Also, where the hell is the orange wire that connects all 6 coils? I see two orange wires coming from the coils but they look like they come from individual coils not connecting all. Please help. Someone please tell me what connector is x6004 and where the orange wire that connects all 6 coils is. It goes to fuze F01/30A but I don't know which one that is either in the fuze box. This would be a simple install if I just knew which connectors were which. Once I get this done and pictures sent to N2MB, this should be a breeze for the next person. Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    dzenno, I see you had the same exact question I have when installing yours (google resulted in n54tech thread lol). That orange wire makes sense since that's the same wire my BMS 2step was wired to. last thing is the x6004 white wire. common somebody, help me out so i can finish this up.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I guess Dzenno and I are the only n54s that are running wotboxes. Oh well. Dzennos gonna help me out and I'll make sure to post up more pics. Once it's installed I'll post vids.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i'm on the fence about getting one, looking forward to your results.
    GL with the install.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'll be doing this mod soon as well... although I'm terrible with wiring and I'll probably have an indy shop do it for me... but looking forward to your results!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    worked really well for me...just use some posi taps so you don't end up taping wires like i did, so ugly, didn't know about the very cool posi taps...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why to have a separate 2-step rather than integrated into the tune? Integrated should work better than generic.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A JB4 guy. I have the BMS 2 step/NLS module but it's still in its infant stage and needs some work. So I bought the WOTBox to carry me through the rest of the summer/fall. Once Terry's software is more refined I'll put that one back on and sell this one.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well, failed attempt #1. It looks like the posi taps are an issue. The wire size difference between the ECU wires and the WOTBox wires is too large. The WOTBox turns on but troubleshooting step one doesn't work. When I press the gas with the car off the light doesn't flash. Looks like I'll have to do it the old fashion way and strip the wires and heat shrink them. Oh well, overall it has been pretty easy so far. I routed the USB cable into the glove box just like the JB4 USB cable and the WOTBox fits in the ECU compartment perfectly. Stay tuned for try #2.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've gotten rid of the posi taps and wired directly the old school way. When I put the key in the on position, the WOTBox lights up blue but when I press the gas pedal WOT as directed in the troubleshooting guide it does not blink rapidly like it's supposed to. Dzenno are you sure pin #7 yellow/white wire is correct for the TPS?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    Why to have a separate 2-step rather than integrated into the tune? Integrated should work better than generic.
    Likely because the WOTBox is more developed in this respect.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    WOTBox install complete and successful. NLS is AWESOME! I'm still fine tuning the 2 step. WOTBox install DIY to follow. Thanks to Dzenno for all of his help!!!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    WOTBox install complete and successful. NLS is AWESOME! I'm still fine tuning the 2 step. WOTBox install DIY to follow. Thanks to Dzenno for all of his help!!!!!
    Sweeeet! Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Anxiously awaiting your install DIY, i might have to speed up my order lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    A JB4 guy. I have the BMS 2 step/NLS module but it's still in its infant stage and needs some work. So I bought the WOTBox to carry me through the rest of the summer/fall. Once Terry's software is more refined I'll put that one back on and sell this one.
    Glad you got it installed! I was finally able to borrow a local manual car and work out the NLS bugs. The problem was basically the JB4 is not reading the clutch pedal fast enough. So I took a page from the wotbox and ran an analog input from the clutch pedal (pin 18 on the gray subconnector) in to the JB4 and with that in place it works well. Now I need to see if I can find a faster method of reading that signal via CAN. If not, we'll just start including the extra wire with the relay setup. Up next, 2step bugs! Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah T, yours is SO easy to install. And it completely reversable and undetectable unlike the WOTBox. Yours should be a fan favorite vs the WOTBox once you have it working well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well, not out of the water yet. NLS is working well but the ignition #1 pickup for the 2 step is not working. I'll be picking up RPM at the CPS wire and using diffent user interface this evening. Fingers crossed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes, with the wotbox you need to wire into the CPS and get the special firmware loaded for the N54 from John@N2MB...i have an old copy of it unless they've improved on it since then
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks , WOTbox cause any CEL's when using either NLS or 2 step?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You will get codes but not CEL. When you scan for codes you'll get ignition codes for each cylinder.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes on the JB4 side we have it click off a code delete when the NLS/2step finish up. Otherwise every now and again it can trigger a misfire code in addition to those voltage supply codes, etc. The other thing you need to do is spoof the boost signal to avoid a 30FF code while 2stepping or it sometimes triggers a limp after 4-5 seconds.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If this NLS crap was researched when I still had my 135i i MIGHT still have it. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    NLS is SO AWESOME! I can't wait to get this 2 Step ironed out. I'm hitting a 1/4 mi Sat. We'll see if it helps my $#@!ty driving at all. LOL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So far so good. Now I just need to up the meth mix and raise the boost. Click here to enlarge
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thats one slow ass shift! Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast