Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: E85 50/50 DYNO

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ///Mangler Click here to enlarge
    This is why we need to have some EGT data on E85 mixes. I think there may be more cooling than we think at +50% mixtures. Why are there no EGT sensors stock? The S54 had them.

T
    If you search on here you can find a thread where I got 2 EGT probes and tapped exhaust manifolds to obtain data on pump and pump+meth. I haven't done so with E85 as its not available up here in Canada. Once the car's back together I'll try to get some E85 again from the US and get some data on E85 as well.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I guess this car is doing pretty well right now @ bimmerfest east highway runs on straight pump gas. GoPro videos to come. Need to find an E85 pump though!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    OP edited and updated with mod list.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Dont see a mod list. Is this a stock or upgraded turbo car?I cant see 426hp on a stock turbo car with no meth on 93.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jzeee037 Click here to enlarge
    Dont see a mod list.
    Look harder then?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah i see it now. Those are some big #'s for straight 93 and no meth.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    I guess this car is doing pretty well right now @ bimmerfest east highway runs on straight pump gas. GoPro videos to come. Need to find an E85 pump though!
    we did a 5th gear pull, way too high to start, but it is what it is. im looking for it now

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Do have baselines ill overlay for you guys to see before and after gains.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Did you not see the baselines and Cobb OTS numbers? It is not.
    I guess anything is possible, but I've never seen anything FBO no meth on 93 only dyno even close to that. People were living on a prayer to get 400.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    On pump gas and FBO about 90-100whp delta is the absolute max you can do without pulling off glory runs on a tune that you'd never run on the street. No miracles here really..

if you put down 420whp on that dyno with fbo and pump gas then your baseline would've been ~320whp...this platform has been around for a while now and we all know where pump gas limits are on a good consistent tune

Its like my 471whp pump gas dyno record on RBs Click here to enlarge its just not a tune I'd recommend running on any RB car but I did manage to pull it off and it was just a lucky glory run
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Until.....recently noone has written their own (NON STOCK) timing curve and vanos profile for these cars. Some of us are moving forward with dyno R&D Click here to enlarge. This car is not a dyno queen for sure.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    On yesterdays pulls, the shop was ~100F in the dyno cell and CF is always 1.0CF
    I guess what I should have asked: is there a weather station correction? Sorry, I don't know the different dyno setup options.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I think this is great work BrenM3 and PTF. Coming from a modded STI running Cobb protuner there is an art to the tuning and setting timing curves. On my STI when we found the sweet spot for it, which took alot of work it woke up a beast. Seems like these N54 motors with the vanos are about the same and once you find that sweet spot for the engine all is right with the world!

Great work on the tuning guys, I have come to believe from an STI/EVO standpoint and now this N54 tuning is everything...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Until.....recently noone has written their own (NON STOCK) timing curve and vanos profile for these cars. Some of us are moving forward with dyno R&D Click here to enlarge. This car is not a dyno queen for sure.
    so OTS stage 2+Agg, 360whp. By tuning timing and vanos, you pulled 427whp, almost 70whp more on the same fuel... your either a mothafuckin genius, that car has a wednesday motor, or your dyno reads a bit high. I guess im somewhat dissapointed that you only pulled an additional 20whp out of the 50/50 E85 tune. I wish you were local, id love to see what my car could do with a proper protune.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    so OTS stage 2+Agg, 360whp. By tuning timing and vanos, you pulled 427whp, almost 70whp more on the same fuel... your either a mothafuckin genius, that car has a wednesday motor, or your dyno reads a bit high. I guess im somewhat dissapointed that you only pulled an additional 20whp out of the 50/50 E85 tune. I wish you were local, id love to see what my car could do with a proper protune.
    I dunno.. Ill be the first to say I have a lot of reservations about Brentuning. but through some conversations, He does seem to be more knowledgable than I originaly thought, shown consistent results and data on the dyno, and the cars ive seen have perfromed as expected with the HP claimed..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    I dunno.. Ill be the first to say I have a lot of reservations about Brentuning. but through some conversations, He does seem to be more knowledgable than I originaly thought, shown consistent results and data on the dyno, and the cars ive seen have perfromed as expected with the HP claimed..
    Thats good news. Vendors inflate their numbers so often that its hard to read between the lines.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    I agree with LM about consistent results, dyno numbers will vary greatly as we all know but individual tuning of each car and not just a blanket map is where the real HP is made and can really wake a car up..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    OP

Post a baseline stage 0 dyno then your E85 dyno and you will have your delta.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My thought is that it's the weather correction... if it's 100deg with high humidity the correction could be substantial. He stated no correction factor, but this is a manual % to calculate drivetrain (I think). The dyno may automatically calculate corrected HP based on ambient air mass.

My preference would be all dynos uncorrected.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    On pump gas and FBO about 90-100whp delta is the absolute max you can do without pulling off glory runs on a tune that you'd never run on the street. No miracles here really..

if you put down 420whp on that dyno with fbo and pump gas then your baseline would've been ~320whp...this platform has been around for a while now and we all know where pump gas limits are on a good consistent tune

Its like my 471whp pump gas dyno record on RBs Click here to enlarge its just not a tune I'd recommend running on any RB car but I did manage to pull it off and it was just a lucky glory run
    Here are the baselines.

STOCK VS. STG2 PROTUNED

Click here to enlarge

STG2+ AGGRESSIVE 4.02 VS. STG2+ PROTUNED

Click here to enlarge

STOCK VS. STG2+ PROTUNED + 50% E85 (not full kill) 11.5 AFR, 19psi, simple timing as this car is high speed raced etc.

Click here to enlarge

DELTAs anyone? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    My thought is that it's the weather correction... if it's 100deg with high humidity the correction could be substantial. He stated no correction factor, but this is a manual % to calculate drivetrain (I think). The dyno may automatically calculate corrected HP based on ambient air mass.

My preference would be all dynos uncorrected.
    SAE is used, it is a bit hot but we most definitely see better numbers in the winter with the cold dense air.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    SAE is used, it is a bit hot but we most definitely see better numbers in the winter with the cold dense air.
    Funny, after corrections are used, my car made much less power on the dyno in the dead of winter.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Funny, after corrections are used, my car made much less power on the dyno in the dead of winter.
    Run 3 different dynes for 7+ years and then draw a conclusion Click here to enlarge

Especially when IAT's are idling in areas where the car is pulling base ignition BEFORE the pull - this does not happen in the winter.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Run 3 different dynes for 7+ years and then draw a conclusion Click here to enlarge

Especially when IAT's are idling in areas where the car is pulling base ignition BEFORE the pull - this does not happen in the winter.
    I guess it's an issue on E85 or pump gas, but this example was with meth where the injection will drop IAT to the 0 correction zone.

Just to put it in perspective, uncorrected, the car made 412 whp. STD corrected, the car made 406 whp, SAE corrected, it made 399 whp. Click here to enlarge

edit - with a FBO stock baseline of 277 whp STD, 282 whp uncorrected.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is it me or is the N54 running load based tune dont translate much on dyno as it does on the street/drag race.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast