Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 64
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    north/south jersey?
    color/mods ect? Im assuming ACM install?

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    46
    Rep Points
    59.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    north/south jersey?
    color/mods ect? Im assuming ACM install?
    North Jersey, yup ACM install. I have a 2012 JB E92 DCT, 535 + ACM test pipes, pretty much stock otherwise.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Chris3g Click here to enlarge
    North Jersey, yup ACM install. I have a 2012 JB E92 DCT, 535 + ACM test pipes, pretty much stock otherwise.
    yours was installed right after mine, i saw your car there Click here to enlarge

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    178
    Rep Points
    213.6
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    i would be very suprised if its a 92mm pulley. I havent seen it yet, its waiting at the shop.
    I have a CM5.
    Oh you mean the optional VT1 pulley. Yeah, it's 99mm or something, and yes the stock one is 103mm. I'm saying ditch that & go straight to 92mm pulley with a 6PK 2120 belt. Up here at 5500 ft, I swapped out the pulleys on the dyno back to back & this is the gain from 103mm to 92mm. Boost went from 4psi to 6.5psi at this elevation. So the boost increase is close to 3psi & the power went from 406whp (303kw) to 479hp (357kw). So that's almost 75whp.

    Click here to enlarge

    I added meth & a messed around a bit more and eventually ended up with 550whp up at this altitude (dyno is at 6000ft). so the total gain from the initial VT1 dyno is 150 WHEEL hp.

    Click here to enlarge

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    178
    Rep Points
    213.6
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I suppose in order to get an idea of how the dyno reads we need a baseline. We have done maybe 30-40 E9X M3's on this dyno. My car stock made 280hp. And the highest ever stock M3 dyno'd at this dyno, over a sample data of over 30, is 288hp. The average is around 275hp. The reason the baselines are so low is pure elevation. Here's the 92mm pulley vs stock:

    Click here to enlarge

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    appreciate the info, but im not doing that. if i want to run more boost, im going to uprgade to an intercooled kit. You have the advantage of tuning your own car, i cannot. so essentially what i would need to do, is get a higher file tune anyway, and then i would be way too agrressive, then im relying on the meth. didnt youhave to swap injectors when going up in boost?

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    also, your using different read-outs there, its very confusing

    Basically, what Im seeing in KW is this:

    stock=208
    vt1/4psi=303
    vt1/6.5psi=357
    vt1/6.5psi??+meth=410

    UK HP is:

    stock=280
    vt1/4psi=406
    vt1/6.5psi=478
    vt1/6.5psi??+meth=550


    are you tuned for the methanol, and what amount and when are you spraying?

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    ***UPDATE***

    After some talking with other meth users and talking through their issues, and they were CONVINCED my car wasnt running right if i didnt gain HP, I decided I better re-check my stuff.

    2 things

    A. pump pressure was WAY low. I tested the pump and right away noticed the pump was full cycle, more like a progressive on/off.
    Flow with a Cm5 and came out to be just under 200ml/min. I cranked the pump back up to 250psi and immidiatly got just under 400ml/min (CM5 is designed to flow slightly less but atomize better, hence my choice- I may try a CM7 once im progresive to get a bit more flow, but keep best posible dispersion)

    B. It would seem that my basic switch was not activating at the proper PSI. I "thought" it was set to 2.5 psi, but more like 3.8-4.2
    Now i tested the more accurate way and have it set at 2.8 precisely

    I have yet to road test, but hopefully tonight

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    967
    Rep Points
    1,459.5
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    WOW! Can't wait to hear your driving impressions.
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    *

    A. pump pressure was WAY low. I tested the pump and right away noticed the pump WASN'T full cycle, more like a progressive on/off.
    sorry, fixed that. was not full/constant pumping, but like an on/off

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
    WOW! Can't wait to hear your driving impressions.
    yea, me too. i dont expect huge difference, i think the expected "gain" wouldnt really be noticable enough to register on the SOTP dyno, but possibly enough to register in a performance test (1/4, dyno ect).

    Right now, ill be focused to see if it absolutly needs to be progressive (quenching) or if basic is ok.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,298
    Rep Points
    32,731.6
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    appreciate the info, but im not doing that. if i want to run more boost, im going to uprgade to an intercooled kit. You have the advantage of tuning your own car, i cannot. so essentially what i would need to do, is get a higher file tune anyway, and then i would be way too agrressive, then im relying on the meth. didnt youhave to swap injectors when going up in boost?
    Why not just add an intercooler? It's the same blower for all of them isn't it?
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why not just add an intercooler? It's the same blower for all of them isn't it?
    not following what your asking. I was saying that if i wanted to run 6.5 psi, which is what he is seeing with a 92mm pulley, then i would just pony up for a 625/650 kit (i realize the 625 is 7.5-8 and 650 is 8-9psi, but at that point, whats the difference)

    But just putting that pulley on, would not be my course of action. I would probably need different injectors, and a new tune for the new boost. But because it wouldnt be an intercooled kit, I would then be relying on the meth, what you and I already discussed, and thats not something i think anyone should do

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,298
    Rep Points
    32,731.6
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    not following what your asking. I was saying that if i wanted to run 6.5 psi, which is what he is seeing with a 92mm pulley, then i would just pony up for a 625/650 kit.
    I see but I'm wondering if instead of doing that why you can't just add an IC? Isn't it the same supercharger?
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I see but I'm wondering if instead of doing that why you can't just add an IC? Isn't it the same supercharger?
    add basic intercooler?

    you could, but would need custom routing. The intercooled kits have aftercoolers IN the manifolds, so part of the upgrade is a new manifold.

    VF, IIRC is the only one that has air/water where the manifold is the same and aftercooler is removable/ can be added to same manifold when upgrading

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    178
    Rep Points
    213.6
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    also, your using different read-outs there, its very confusing

    Basically, what Im seeing in KW is this:

    stock=208
    vt1/4psi=303
    vt1/6.5psi=357
    vt1/6.5psi??+meth=410

    UK HP is:

    stock=280
    vt1/4psi=406
    vt1/6.5psi=478
    vt1/6.5psi??+meth=550


    are you tuned for the methanol, and what amount and when are you spraying?
    The Meth makes about 30rwhp when activated, but runs fine without it, just with less power. 3x 1mm Aquamist nozzles.

    Also from 478 to 550 the exhaust changed and all the catts were removed & some more fine-tuning. No boost change at all.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M&M Click here to enlarge
    The Meth makes about 30rwhp when activated, but runs fine without it, just with less power. 3x 1mm Aquamist nozzles.

    Also from 478 to 550 the exhaust changed and all the catts were removed & some more fine-tuning. No boost change at all.
    interesting, what % meth/water mix was used? are you saying the meth, when used at 6.5 psi makes 30more hp?

    or 30 hp when activated in addition to the fine tuning? I assume this is xcede controlled as well?

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,298
    Rep Points
    32,731.6
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    add basic intercooler?

    you could, but would need custom routing. The intercooled kits have aftercoolers IN the manifolds, so part of the upgrade is a new manifold.

    VF, IIRC is the only one that has air/water where the manifold is the same and aftercooler is removable/ can be added to same manifold when upgrading
    So really all you need is the manifold and tune.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    manifold+ after cooler with piping and heat exchanger, pulley, tune, belt, and injectors i believe, i heard this may have recently changed though

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Chris3g Click here to enlarge
    I have the optional pulley for the 535 and its either 99 or 98 mm, I didn't get a chance to measure it before it went on the car and its hard to tell exactly now that it is mounted. My stock pulley is definitely 103mm though, not 102. Measured with some digital calipers.
    can you measure it?

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    46
    Rep Points
    59.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    can you measure it?
    i did measure it, it's just hard to be 100% sure within 1mm with the digital calipers when it's already mounted and has the belt around it. I'm pretty sure it's 99mm. It's also black and looks like my stock pulley, not gray like yours.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Chris3g Click here to enlarge
    i did measure it, it's just hard to be 100% sure within 1mm with the digital calipers when it's already mounted and has the belt around it. I'm pretty sure it's 99mm. It's also black and looks like my stock pulley, not gray like yours.
    hhmmm.. you may inded have the 575 kit pulley then, where as i have a specific 535 upgrade pulley. have you gotten to see your boost yet?

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    967
    Rep Points
    1,459.5
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Do you guys have choices when you purchase these extra pulleys? I would imagine that ESS Tuning would specify what you are receiving and what they kit/boost they correspond with.
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    I think they are options, but not warrantied. I vaguely remember hearing that if I do the pulley, my warranty is voided. So, i believe, could be wrong, that they do have correlating pulleys/sizes for what kit you have/what boost you want, but since its not standard, nothing is guaranteed.

    Of course, this is just my experience, which I believe is unique.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    46
    Rep Points
    59.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    hhmmm.. you may inded have the 575 kit pulley then, where as i have a specific 535 upgrade pulley. have you gotten to see your boost yet?
    So 535 = 103mm, 575 = 99mm, 600 = 96mm, 625 =n 92mm? Does that seem right?

    I haven't been able to get a boost reading yet. I don't know if you saw my other post about it, but i got the obdii/torque setup and it worked great, until I found out that the map sensor has an upper limit of 120kpa/17.4 psi, which means I can only read up to 2.7 psi of boost. I'm hitting that around 5k rpm.

    I'm thinking about doing a CM meth setup like yours and then i guess i can finally get a boost rreading from that.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,306
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    @LostMarine You got splaining to do Lucy?

    I know you got vids and results from Atco last night and trap speeds... You ran a car I know he has video so spill it!
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •