Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

ESS VT1-535 + Meth Dyno and Dragstrip Results

As planned, DJ dyno time was scheduled today

Runs were done at R/T Tuning in Lansdale PA. Same place that my "stock" and then Catless/Tuned runs were executed.

There was no boost trace available, but I did set up one of the GoPro's specificaly to watch the guage. I have yet to edit video's though.

Numbers are consecutive from all my trips there:
    STOCK_MODDED_5.5PSI

#18/19 are No meth; #20/21 are WITH Meth
    Click here to enlarge

Comparison showing how quickly heatsoak will set in
    Click here to enlarge

All NO METH Runs-Notice how the car still benefited from the previous 2 meth runs (20/21), but then begins to heatsoak once again
    Click here to enlarge

All METH runs;#25 is an outlayer as I was adjusting the activation switch and moved it the wrong way, so it actualy had little to no meth at the time
    Click here to enlarge

ALL Runs
    Click here to enlarge

I have BT logs of all the important parameters, just need some time to graph them out.

I drove straight from Lansdale PA, to Atco NJ 1 1/2 hr drive (traffic) Jumped in line, minimal cooldown.

I was told about, and partially figured out on my own, a "mini" Launch Control technique, of MDM on, just MASHING the gas pedal. Well, it works! Works like a Mutha F*ckin Charm!

I also, was told to try D5 shift mode. This however, did not work so well. the 60' improved greatly, but traction was so horrible, that it basically "skipped" 2nd gear and went to 3rd. Now, it didnt actually skip it, it just gave it no time/did not allow me to get off that gas some to actually regain traction. It was in 3rd gear way too low.

On the 3rd run, I again used MLC (Mini-Launch Control) but had it in S6. I would like to say it al went perfect, but it didnt. I shifted just a hair to late and tapped 1-2 and 2-3 again. Im confident that 120.00mph is in the car

Slips:
    Click here to enlarge

I have some footage from atco, but 1 battery died on me, and i didnt run anything note-worthy anyway. I had to cut the night early as rain looke imminent, and I got a CEl for an 02 sensor again.

Ill update this as I cut video and graph datalogs tonight or tomorrow

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice! Cant believe how low stock M3's dyno...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great work documenting and logging all the data! Truly impressive and rather educational. Looks like your car is an absolute beast! So close to hitting 120mph trap speeds and dipping into 11s!

What is very fun analyzing are your heat soak tests. Interesting that there is a much bigger variation in power compared to some of the other "heat soak" tests out there. What I would be very curious to see is how that translates to acceleration times.

Keep up the great more! I'm sure when you nail those shifts perfectly, you're going to throw down even more impressive times.

I'm looking forward to further updates! Have you thought about a custom tune on top of that new pulley you're getting? Click here to enlarge
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not bad at all man. I would love to run you if you were down here.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    told ya that way of launching is the best way for us SC guys with out a lineLock. Nice results.
    F10 M5 : ??????
    E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires, Stock Interior,DSC on

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It didint occure to me to actually test the heatsoak, too run the car 5,6,7 times and see how far down power actually went. Then do a slight cooldown, turn on meth, and do the same thing. I guess I was more interested in checking/ensure AFR and everything else was running as it should.

If I had time, I could have done a trifecta and gotten some 60-130's as wellClick here to enlarge

Im going to start graphing here in a few, but the video's of the boost guage are not worthy, its the older gopro and i guess lense was dirty, you can see if you try, but pretty annoying. it wa 5.5 ish psi though, same as before

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    It didint occure to me to actually test the heatsoak, too run the car 5,6,7 times and see how far down power actually went. Then do a slight cooldown, turn on meth, and do the same thing. I guess I was more interested in checking/ensure AFR and everything else was running as it should.

If I had time, I could have done a trifecta and gotten some 60-130's as wellClick here to enlarge

Im going to start graphing here in a few, but the video's of the boost guage are not worthy, its the older gopro and i guess lense was dirty, you can see if you try, but pretty annoying. it wa 5.5 ish psi though, same as before
    You need a Defi gauge with recording and playback. : ) Only downside is that they aren't a particularly good match for the interior - if that sort of thing bothers you. I had them in my STi and loved them - super valuable.

~12.0 and ~120 is fast man - congrats....and I'm sure you can still get your 60 down.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks. I have a set of AK's drag radials, but I usually dont like to use them until i know how the car is going to perform in standard setup. I think ive got that down now. next step is either try them as is, or get the upgraded pulley installed, re-dyno, re-run at the strip ect. time is not on my side though

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks. I have a set of AK's drag radials, but I usually dont like to use them until i know how the car is going to perform in standard setup. I think ive got that down now. next step is either try them as is, or get the upgraded pulley installed, re-dyno, re-run at the strip ect. time is not on my side though
    Nice! I'm the same way too...like to understand how the car is after changes before making any additional ones. Only real way to appreciate each change and test scientifically IMO.

What's the time constraint?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    baby on the way and possible deployment

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    baby on the way and possible deployment
    Congrats and stay safe!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

I was told about, and partially figured out on my own, a "mini" Launch Control technique, of MDM on, just MASHING the gas pedal. Well, it works! Works like a Mutha F*ckin Charm!

I also, was told to try D5 shift mode. This however, did not work so well. the 60' improved greatly, but traction was so horrible, that it basically "skipped" 2nd gear and went to 3rd. Now, it didnt actually skip it, it just gave it no time/did not allow me to get off that gas some to actually regain traction. It was in 3rd gear way too low.

On the 3rd run, I again used MLC (Mini-Launch Control) but had it in S6. I would like to say it al went perfect, but it didnt. I shifted just a hair to late and tapped 1-2 and 2-3 again. Im confident that 120.00mph is in the car

Slips:
    Click here to enlarge

I have some footage from atco, but 1 battery died on me, and i didnt run anything note-worthy anyway. I had to cut the night early as rain looke imminent, and I got a CEl for an 02 sensor again.

Ill update this as I cut video and graph datalogs tonight or tomorrow
    You can quote me Click here to enlarge

Leave in S6, get into 2nd then hit over into D, won't prematurely shift. D5 senses traction problem with MDM it has a tendency to upshift (FRUSTRATING!!!!!)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    You can quote me

Leave in S6, get into 2nd then hit over into D, won't prematurely shift. D5 senses traction problem with MDM it has a tendency to upshift (FRUSTRATING!!!!!)
    your not the only one. yea, the upshifting was, at first, scaring me, then pissing me off..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Nice! Cant believe how low stock M3's dyno...
    What do you mean? I put down 349 wheel.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What do you mean? I put down 349 wheel.
    that with an airfilter, i only put down 337

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    that with an airfilter, i only put down 337
    No, bone stock. Broke the $#@! in hard though...
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    No, bone stock. Broke the $#@! in hard though...
    no i meant that me with an airfilter i only put down 337

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Don't bother with drive. You have to use S6 & you have to shift manually & use every ounce of rpm you have without hitting the limiter. I know it sounds difficult, but practise makes perfect. Those extra few rpm's between 8000-8300rpm make a world of difference to ET & especially trap. If you rev to just before the limiter & shift with S6 it actually spins just the right amount & gives you very good drive into the next gear. Trap goes up if you bang all the gears at just the right time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M&M Click here to enlarge
    Don't bother with drive. You have to use S6 & you have to shift manually & use every ounce of rpm you have without hitting the limiter. I know it sounds difficult, but practise makes perfect. Those extra few rpm's between 8000-8300rpm make a world of difference to ET & especially trap. If you rev to just before the limiter & shift with S6 it actually spins just the right amount & gives you very good drive into the next gear. Trap goes up if you bang all the gears at just the right time.
    ive noticed that. when i do it PERFECTLY it jumps forward on me

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah you dead-on. If you get it right it jumps forward on the shift with a slight chirp of the rears for the 1st 3 gears like in this video:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    or get the upgraded pulley installed, re-dyno, re-run at the strip ect. time is not on my side though
    Ok then don't waste your time with anything else. Take out the 102mm & put in the 92mm. What size belt do you have? What size nozzles on the meth? What's your AFR at 8000rpm?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M&M Click here to enlarge
    Ok then don't waste your time with anything else. Take out the 102mm & put in the 92mm. What size belt do you have? What size nozzles on the meth? What's your AFR at 8000rpm?
    i would be very suprised if its a 92mm pulley. I havent seen it yet, its waiting at the shop.
    I have a CM5. AFR here:
    Click here to enlarge

I did log, but i made a huge error and was clicking "save" instead of export to save files.. so all logs were worthless..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I have the optional pulley for the 535 and its either 99 or 98 mm, I didn't get a chance to measure it before it went on the car and its hard to tell exactly now that it is mounted. My stock pulley is definitely 103mm though, not 102. Measured with some digital calipers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Chris3g Click here to enlarge
    I have the optional pulley for the 535 and its either 99 or 98 mm, I didn't get a chance to measure it before it went on the car and its hard to tell exactly now that it is mounted. My stock pulley is definitely 103mm though, not 102. Measured with some digital calipers.
    how much boost were you seeing with 103mm, and your location?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    how much boost were you seeing with 103mm, and your location?
    Don't know unfortunately, I don't have any way to measure at the moment. I'm in NJ also.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast