Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Terry, I was wondering what your thoughts are on varying E85 levels. It seems like the vehicle is happiest at 95 octane. A 30% mixture of E85 and E10 93 pump gas will hit this octane level perfectly. Why did you up the mixtue to 50%? are you seeing dyno proven gains of higher octane levels?

I'm still on your JB+ (100%) product. I'm now running a 30% E85 gas mix. How much do you think I am gaining from the E85?

You might want to look into robbing the 1M of parts at this point. I know thier HPFP is much stronger than ours, but I'm not sure if we share the same LPFP, or if the 1M has a stronger one. check to see if the part numbers are different.

Lastly, how many miles does that steptronic have, and did you guys ever flush out the trans fluid? Which fluid did you use?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 Click here to enlarge
    Terry, I was wondering what your thoughts are on varying E85 levels. It seems like the vehicle is happiest at 95 octane. A 30% mixture of E85 and E10 93 pump gas will hit this octane level perfectly. Why did you up the mixtue to 50%? are you seeing dyno proven gains of higher octane levels?

I'm still on your JB+ (100%) product. I'm now running a 30% E85 gas mix. How much do you think I am gaining from the E85?

You might want to look into robbing the 1M of parts at this point. I know thier HPFP is much stronger than ours, but I'm not sure if we share the same LPFP, or if the 1M has a stronger one. check to see if the part numbers are different.

Lastly, how many miles does that steptronic have, and did you guys ever flush out the trans fluid? Which fluid did you use?
    It's going to depend on the boost and advance used. For example with a JB+ running around 12psi you should be able to max out the OEM advance curve on something like 95 octane. So in your car, a 30% mix might be ideal. Introduce RB turbos at 19psi, and you might need 104 octane to max out the OEM advance curve.

I'll be working on fuel upgrades next week but I've never been a fan of turning to OEM parts in cases like these. So often they fall short of aftermarket parts costing a fraction of the price. But we will see.

On the trans it has 40k miles. But tuner miles are not the same as normal driver miles. Click here to enlarge I flushed it maybe 15k miles ago and use OEM fluid.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    It's going to depend on the boost and advance used. For example with a JB+ running around 12psi you should be able to max out the OEM advance curve on something like 95 octane. So in your car, a 30% mix might be ideal. Introduce RB turbos at 19psi, and you might need 104 octane to max out the OEM advance curve.

I'll be working on fuel upgrades next week but I've never been a fan of turning to OEM parts in cases like these. So often they fall short of aftermarket parts costing a fraction of the price. But we will see.

On the trans it has 40k miles. But tuner miles are not the same as normal driver miles. Click here to enlarge I flushed it maybe 15k miles ago and use OEM fluid.
    Terry, thanks so much for your response. I simply enjoy your products, well specifically JB+, and I would switch over to JB4, but the whole Idea of it dialing back power to stock levels at 270 degree oil temps won't work for me, on the race track.

As for your tranny, good luck. You could of course try flushing it out with pentosin ATF1, as this fluid can take any of the abuse you throw at it, and then some, but if your clutch packs are already burn't at this point, it won't help at all. Still worth a try. This is the same fluid that shivtastic is selling with his single turbo upgrade for god knows what. And guess who gave him the idea in the first place! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 Click here to enlarge
    This is the same fluid that shivtastic is selling with his single turbo upgrade for god knows what. And guess who gave him the idea in the first place! Click here to enlarge
    This is incorrect. I have never used that fluid before. Neither have any of our 6at single turbo customers. I sit back and read your posts from time to time and they are entertaining. As are your grand tales of JB+ roadracing. But now you are just making things up. You have a very strange fixation on us and what we do. Move on sir. There are plenty better ways to spend your time and energy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    This is incorrect. I have never used that fluid before. Neither have any of our 6at single turbo customers. I sit back and read your posts from time to time and they are entertaining. As are your grand tales of JB+ roadracing. But now you are just making things up. You have a very strange fixation on us and what we do. Move on sir. There are plenty better ways to spend your time and energy.
    Well shivvy-poo, what then is the identity of the secret trans fluid that makes the 6HP19A "happy" (to use your words) at those power levels? Be advised, that I have personally spoken with ZF about this, and only fluids listed on TE-ML 11 are permitted on this transmission!!! With absolutely no exceptions. Single turbo 6AT buyers beware!

Oh, and as for your comments on my JB+, well, I just threw that stuff out there as troll bait. and look what the cat dragged in! How is proceed better than this simple device? Who is successfuly tracking a proceed car out there? I've simply devoured countless 335I's armed with your device at the track. They are good for a quick lap or two though. After that, you device keeps on pissing off the ecu. Afterall, it's only a glorified piggy. The only people on the track are GIAC, and dinan. Everything else is better off left to dyno's and air strip events.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Well shivvy-poo, what then is the identity of the secret trans fluid that makes the 6HP19A "happy" (to use your words) at those power levels? Be advised, that I have personally spoken with ZF about this, and only fluids listed on TE-ML 11 are permitted on this transmission!!! With absolutely no exceptions. Single turbo 6AT buyers beware!

Oh, and as for your comments on my JB+, well, I just threw that stuff out there as troll bait. and look what the cat dragged in! How is proceed better than this simple device? Who is successfuly tracking a proceed car out there? I've simply devoured countless 335I's armed with your device at the track. They are good for a quick lap or two though. After that, you device keeps on pissing off the ecu. Afterall, it's only a glorified piggy. The only people on the track are GIAC, and dinan. Everything else is better off left to dyno's and air strip events.
    You mean during official race events or track days? Here in Northern California almost every N54 I see on the track is running a piggy. (and hitting limp modes) I had the same problem with dinan and my JB3, the only thing that solved it was giant oil coolers. There may be more piggybacks here though since we can talk to Shiv/Terry in person for tech support.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Neither have any of our 6at single turbo customers
    so, tell us more about these "6AT customers"........................................

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    so, tell us more about these "6AT customers"........................................
    Sigh, waste of your daily post =(
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CaptainInsano Click here to enlarge
    Hahaha this forum is awesome. But what's up with the reputation stuff? It forced me to change the chars to *s
    It's a profanity filter, you can disable it if you want. Read: http://www.germanboost.com/showthrea...s-been-enabled
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

T how is your RB testing going? Have you dynod with meth and e85? Are you running the 3.5 bar map sensor? I'm keeping a close eye on your testing as I'm either goin with Vargas or RBs pretty soon. What all is involved in running the upped map sensor? I was wondering if you had dyno numbers for RBs + e85 + meth yet?
    2011 335is DCT, collecting parts....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

I think it may just be possible to get to 500 whp without race gas.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

I'm really hoping to see over 500hp. I'm at 440 now on stockers. Not sure I could justify $3400 for 60hp. Now Vargas turbos at $1900 for 500 hp, I'd be in for that. I'm hoping t can squeeze out 525hp on his RBs with e85. Myst, is the upped map sensor needed or are we not pushing that much boost on RBs?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    I'm really hoping to see over 500hp. I'm at 440 now on stockers. Not sure I could justify $3400 for 60hp. Now Vargas turbos at $1900 for 500 hp, I'd be in for that. I'm hoping t can squeeze out 525hp on his RBs with e85. Myst, is the upped map sensor needed or are we not pushing that much boost on RBs?
    You might want it to push big boost without worrying about those pesky 2ABC codes.

2ABC codes are when the MAP sensor loses connection due to overload (likely because i'm spiking over 21.6 psi at times) where you need to trim boost to keep that sensor in check.

This may be an MSD81 / IJE0S thing, I know the I8A0S folks don't have any issues. I was hitting 19.5 psi at 6500 without much WGDC needed to get there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

I'm IJE0S. I may just go ahead and get the 3.5 bar MAP. I just need to read more and see what is required to run it. What does your current boost curve look like? what is your peak and what are you holding to redline? I want to dial them in on pump + meth before I start messing around with N2O and e85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

I'm not done yet with @themyst 's tuning but right now he's running about 20psi down low holding out to 19psi at the moment. Curve (or lack thereof) is actually pretty sweet for COBB and I'm pretty sure you guys haven't seen this before on Cobb only...and his flatline has been licked!

Disclaimer: No stacking required to control boost Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    I'm not done yet with @themyst 's tuning but right now he's running about 20psi down low holding out to 19psi at the moment. Curve (or lack thereof) is actually pretty sweet for COBB and I'm pretty sure you guys haven't seen this before on Cobb only...and his flatline has been licked!

Disclaimer: No stacking required to control boost Click here to enlarge
    Great job! He'll finally have a fast car. Click here to enlarge Jk. I'm sticking with stacking though for meth and nitrous controls. I love the jb4 goodies. Myst I'm sure dzenno is gonna have that car blazin fast soon.

Is 20psi the max efficiency for RBs or are you slowly gonna increase peak boost?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Great job! He'll finally have a fast car. Click here to enlarge Jk. I'm sticking with stacking though for meth and nitrous controls. I love the jb4 goodies. Myst I'm sure dzenno is gonna have that car blazin fast soon.

Is 20psi the max efficiency for RBs or are you slowly gonna increase peak boost?
    Would like to know this as well.

is 20psi max, and what power numbers is a N54 making with RB's at 20 PSI

Are you running E85 / Meth with 20psi?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Terry put down 495/492 with no meth on e85. NICE! He didn't say how much boost he was running. I'm hoping to see 525HP on RBs with e85 and meth. I don't think that's too far fetched.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    Would like to know this as well.

is 20psi max, and what power numbers is a N54 making with RB's at 20 PSI

Are you running E85 / Meth with 20psi?
    @themyst's car starts to lean out from target with E33 only with this much timing and boost so its pushing some good power. We have to spray meth to keep AFRs on target with this tune and this E85 mix. Currently running a single CM10 on top to satisfy fuel cravings.

Terry put down 495/492 with no meth on e85. NICE! He didn't say how much boost he was running. I'm hoping to see 525HP on RBs with e85 and meth. I don't think that's too far fetched.
    Same thing that was happening AFR wise on Terry's RB dyno where he stacked a JB4/COBB is happening on @themyst's car Cobb only and its why we're running a CM10, at the moment at least, to keep AFR nice and dandy

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Terry's dyno was e85 only though. I haven't seen any data from T yet on RBs with e85 and meth. I'm guessing the CM12 will help out the AFRs up top. At least that's what I'm hoping.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

T how is your RB testing going? Have you dynod with meth and e85? Are you running the 3.5 bar map sensor? I'm keeping a close eye on your testing as I'm either goin with Vargas or RBs pretty soon. What all is involved in running the upped map sensor? I was wondering if you had dyno numbers for RBs + e85 + meth yet?
    The car is running well. It's been too hot to do any 60-130 runs but I do plan to get to those soon. The last week or so I've been working on the G5 isolated boost control firmware. The current G5 firmware uses a hybrid integrated control scheme where the DME duty cycle is added back in to the output. With the isolated system we completely ignore the DME duty cycle. Which means redoing the FF mapping, PID, etc. Sort of a big PITA but will be worth it in the long run for larger turbo cars, etc. I run a N20 sensor but boost targets are still below 20psi currently so it's not a big deal either way. If you want to run the N20 sensor just email me for the special firmware it needs. I need to modify the public interface also to allow entering values greater than 21psi for boost limit and map 6. But so far, I'm not sure I'd want to run more than 20psi up top with these guys and down low there is plenty of torque as it is.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Terry's dyno was e85 only though. I haven't seen any data from T yet on RBs with e85 and meth. I'm guessing the CM12 will help out the AFRs up top. At least that's what I'm hoping.
    On E85 without meth his RB car also leaned out past target pretty bad at 495whp. Then he sprayed a CM10 just like we are at the moment and things are happy AFR wise again.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

If Terry had pushed more boost he would have broken 500whp easily with meth.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

For sure, maybe 0.5psi away? maybe less even Click here to enlarge that was close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

Yes it's no problem. I think in a dyno glory trim it can probably do 530rw. But dyno glory isn't a high priority at the moment. Working on changes I hope will set it up to run a 6s 60-130 when it cools down. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast