Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow, very nice. No meth right? Those are awesome numbers with no meth. Were trims maxed at 450HP? How much boost peak and redline?
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Damn.. looks like ill need to up my boost again..

Awesome results!
    So much has happened since i parted ways.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

0 out of 7 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

This post by Sikh335 is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

Last edited by Sikh335; 08-23-2012 at 10:36 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sikh335 Click here to enlarge
    What's with the 14:1 AFR from 4400rpm to 5000rpm seems lean don't you think especially at this
    power level. Any fixes for this condition?
    The fix is for you to go play hide and go $#@! yourself, Learn how to change your own oil and you can come back and talk.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    The fix is for you to go play hide and go $#@! yourself, Learn how to change your own oil and you can come back and talk.
    Sig worthy right thur!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sikh335 Click here to enlarge
    What's with the 14:1 AFR from 4400rpm to 5000rpm seems lean don't you think especially at this
    power level. Any fixes for this condition?
    It's lean and mean! Did you read the first post where I discussed the fuel pressure drop and related fueling issues?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Terry@BMS have you considered raising the scalar to accomodate the 50/50 mix? I believe your current scalar is set at 1.25.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The fuel trims are in check until the fuel pressure takes a dive. The scalar unfortunately isn't going to do much for that. I think it needs a new in tank pump or at least an inline booster pump.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    The fuel trims are in check until the fuel pressure takes a dive. The scalar unfortunately isn't going to do much for that. I think it needs a new in tank pump or at least an inline booster pump.
    At what boost level did you manage to keep the car happy without leaning out like that? I would guess somewhere in the 18's? Could be worth trying to lower the boost and raising the timing.

Although the numbers are great, real-world no one would want to run like that for any extended period of time.

At 18 tapering to 14 with a ton of timing, car's perfectly happy, at least on my 33% E85 blend.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    At a "traditional" 12.5:1 AFR with less boost it was putting out around 465rw with a little more advance. OK. But not where I wanted it to be. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

4 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    The fix is for you to go play hide and go **** yourself, Learn how to change your own oil and you can come back and talk.
    Hahaha this forum is awesome. But what's up with the reputation stuff? It forced me to change the chars to *s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice! Terry, any plans to max out oem turbos?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's lean and mean! Did you read the first post where I discussed the fuel pressure drop and related fueling issues?

He apparently didn't comprehend that part of the reading since he's talking crap on shivpost.com about your A/F ratio's on another thread Vishnu/FFTEC E85 tread, typical fanboy
    Loe P.
    B8.5 Audi S5 3.0"T" - GIAC stage II ECU / GIAC DSG TCU / AWE-tuning Pulley / AFe filter / 034 TBB / mod airbox / X-pipe
    - 09' E90 M3 7-DCT Interlagos Blue / Novillo Silver - gone Click here to enlarge
    [K&N filter|MS pullies|test pipes|Evolve Stg II tune/Servotronic/GTS-DCT Tune|Euro MDM]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Hmm, I don't see much point in such a glory dyno run. People would be all over Lord Voldemort here if he posted similar stuff.

Let's see some real-world results which are useful for the end-user on the road!
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Hmm, I don't see much point in such a glory dyno run. People would be all over Lord Voldemort here if he posted similar stuff.

Let's see some real-world results which are useful for the end-user on the road!
    I believe the point is that this is less of a glory run, and more of a "we might have found a limit run." IMO, a glory run would be AEM 3 bar or N20 map sensor, 25psi, and 100% E85 putting down like 550whp... and 10's all day.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CaptainInsano Click here to enlarge
    Hahaha this forum is awesome. But what's up with the reputation stuff? It forced me to change the chars to *s
    It allows the forum members to silence trolls and weed out the worthless windbags.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I believe the point is that this is less of a glory run, and more of a "we might have found a limit run." IMO, a glory run would be AEM 3 bar or N20 map sensor, 25psi, and 100% E85 putting down like 550whp... and 10's all day.
    Ok, but the thread title is a bit misleading. Call it "E85 RB Dyno Testing" or whatever, but the word "results" implies "final" and "official" for me Click here to enlarge
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Then boom goes the center section on the rear turbo. I'm not that brave. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Then boom goes the center section on the rear turbo. I'm not that brave. Click here to enlarge
    No guts, no glory.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I happen have a G5 board on but with the BMS flash loaded none of the G5 features are really being used. No CPS offset in here, JB4 fueling is disabled, SLD is handled via the flash, barely much PWM being added, etc. So these results are achievable with a normal G4 board as well.
    Or just Cobb on its own Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    In this configuration the JB4 is running boost, in dash features, meth, and safety systems. The boost curve isn't too crazy so flash only may be able to handle it but it would be a headache to dial in, vs. 10 seconds to enter numbers in the JB4 interface. And then it would be load based rather than absolute. Besides I wouldn't be able to survive without boost and timing in dash. But to each their own. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Once we improve the fueling we'll get going on some 60-130 testing with it. But the dyno testing was important to establish exactly what is going on with the fuel system and what the general power output is currently.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Once we improve the fueling we'll get going on some 60-130 testing with it. But the dyno testing was important to establish exactly what is going on with the fuel system and what the general power output is currently.
    My point is that a map which leans out that much is not real-world compatible?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My point is that a map which leans out that much is not real-world compatible?
    I've done plenty of 50-120 blasts and it seem stable enough. You can run E85 fairly lean. But I'm not sure I'd want to run to 160mph like this. Hopefully with a fuel system upgrade we can get back to around 12.5:1.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Prob true, but.... The easiest and cheapest way to run meth is with the JB4 for those that want to run meth + e85 and I LOVE my in dash boost and meth gage. OP did put down similar numbers to what I put down on 50% e85 plus 80/20 meth and a 70 add on a G5 board though. I'm pretty much maxed out, power wise on my stock turbos without a custom tune. I'll be getting another Cobb AP in preparation for my RBs but I'm tempted to see what more I can squeze out of the stockers with the Cobb + JB4 G5 while waiting for my RBs to ship. With these really high numbers without meth, I'm interested to see what the gain is with meth + e85 + custom flash + G5 on the stockers.
    Last edited by bigdnno98; 08-24-2012 at 11:32 AM.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast