Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Should be 147 years ago. If you think that 50 years ago attitudes changed and everything was cool because of legislation, I would challenge that. It took the death of the generation in power and the death of those oppressed at the time laws were changed for things to improve. Once empowerment was granted, then African Americans began to live as fully entitled Americans. Since then strides have been made in politics, business, sports, etc.

A similar time occurred after slavery when radical reconstruction was imposed only to be gutted later in the century.

Once Internment and WW II were over no such barriers to economic and political success were erected for Japanese Americans. Thats not to say attitudes changed again until the xenophobes lost power or died off.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I can't tell you what it is like where you guys live, but I can tell you a little about how things are in Florida.

The plantations have been closed and the "Masters" have been replaced by government. We have an entire class of people that are still waiting for equality to be given to them. The fences that once enclosed them have been torn down, but they are afraid to venture out beyond where the fences once were. They want more money, a bigger house and more expensive cars, but have not realized that they have to work hard to get those things. They feel terribly discriminated against, since they do not have the luxuries that some others do, but make no effort to achieve those luxuries. They somehow expect that government will make them "equal" and give them parity with the rich people, without their having to do anything for it. For now, they sit back and wait for an equality to arrive.

IMO, it is government's job to make prosperity attainable, not to provide you with prosperity. If you want something, you have to work to get it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Velocity26 Click here to enlarge
    They somehow expect that government will make them "equal" and give them parity with the rich people, without their having to do anything for it.
    100% accurate. I can't tell you how often I hear people talking about getting their "Obama Bucks".

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
    100% accurate. I can't tell you how often I hear people talking about getting their "Obama Bucks".
    Really? What do they say and who are these people?

I just don't understand why I never see any program that helps me. For example, I'm running a small business here where is Obama's help for me? Not that I want it or I'm complaining as I would rather do it myself and do not expect the government to build anything for me or give me anything for that matter.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge

I just don't understand why I never see any program that helps me. For example, I'm running a small business here where is Obama's help for me? Not that I want it or I'm complaining as I would rather do it myself and do not expect the government to build anything for me or give me anything for that matter.
    Non working minorities on welfare. In Florida a majority of the population is uneducated, and it gets old hearing all this BS. I'm a minority myself, but the truth is I don't even want to associate with "my people" because of how $#@!ty they are. A lot of ungrateful, lazy people down here just looking for handouts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
    Non working minorities on welfare. In Florida a majority of the population is uneducated, and it gets old hearing all this BS. I'm a minority myself, but the truth is I don't even want to associate with "my people" because of how $#@!ty they are. A lot of ungrateful, lazy people down here just looking for handouts.
    Amen. And I don't believe it is a race thing, as I see white, black and hispanic people whom all possess that same attitude.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GetSomeE92 Click here to enlarge
    Amen. And I don't believe it is a race thing, as I see white, black and hispanic people whom all possess that same attitude.
    As I've said... its a class thing not a race thing. People who blame it on race the same people that will stay where they are. They are welcome to vote for Obama and hope for a handout. I'll fly by them in my Bmw that I worked very hard to get.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge

You angry white person you, LOL

You are one of the 5% that have to pay their fair share. Damm it, it is up to you to pay your fair share. I say, just send uncle sam your next three paychecks, and say a BIG thank you to BHO.

Sorry my friend, I just couldn't help myselfClick here to enlarge

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123