Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 58 of 58
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    115
    Rep Points
    262.8
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Should be 147 years ago. If you think that 50 years ago attitudes changed and everything was cool because of legislation, I would challenge that. It took the death of the generation in power and the death of those oppressed at the time laws were changed for things to improve. Once empowerment was granted, then African Americans began to live as fully entitled Americans. Since then strides have been made in politics, business, sports, etc.

    A similar time occurred after slavery when radical reconstruction was imposed only to be gutted later in the century.

    Once Internment and WW II were over no such barriers to economic and political success were erected for Japanese Americans. Thats not to say attitudes changed again until the xenophobes lost power or died off.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    179
    Rep Points
    542.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I can't tell you what it is like where you guys live, but I can tell you a little about how things are in Florida.

    The plantations have been closed and the "Masters" have been replaced by government. We have an entire class of people that are still waiting for equality to be given to them. The fences that once enclosed them have been torn down, but they are afraid to venture out beyond where the fences once were. They want more money, a bigger house and more expensive cars, but have not realized that they have to work hard to get those things. They feel terribly discriminated against, since they do not have the luxuries that some others do, but make no effort to achieve those luxuries. They somehow expect that government will make them "equal" and give them parity with the rich people, without their having to do anything for it. For now, they sit back and wait for an equality to arrive.

    IMO, it is government's job to make prosperity attainable, not to provide you with prosperity. If you want something, you have to work to get it.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,209
    Rep Points
    1,449.2
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Velocity26 Click here to enlarge
    They somehow expect that government will make them "equal" and give them parity with the rich people, without their having to do anything for it.
    100% accurate. I can't tell you how often I hear people talking about getting their "Obama Bucks".

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,244
    Rep Points
    32,698.3
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    327


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
    100% accurate. I can't tell you how often I hear people talking about getting their "Obama Bucks".
    Really? What do they say and who are these people?

    I just don't understand why I never see any program that helps me. For example, I'm running a small business here where is Obama's help for me? Not that I want it or I'm complaining as I would rather do it myself and do not expect the government to build anything for me or give me anything for that matter.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,209
    Rep Points
    1,449.2
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Really? What do they say and who are these people?

    I just don't understand why I never see any program that helps me. For example, I'm running a small business here where is Obama's help for me? Not that I want it or I'm complaining as I would rather do it myself and do not expect the government to build anything for me or give me anything for that matter.
    Non working minorities on welfare. In Florida a majority of the population is uneducated, and it gets old hearing all this BS. I'm a minority myself, but the truth is I don't even want to associate with "my people" because of how $#@!ty they are. A lot of ungrateful, lazy people down here just looking for handouts.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    337
    Rep Points
    443.0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
    Non working minorities on welfare. In Florida a majority of the population is uneducated, and it gets old hearing all this BS. I'm a minority myself, but the truth is I don't even want to associate with "my people" because of how $#@!ty they are. A lot of ungrateful, lazy people down here just looking for handouts.
    Amen. And I don't believe it is a race thing, as I see white, black and hispanic people whom all possess that same attitude.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The world...
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Points
    1,202.2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GetSomeE92 Click here to enlarge
    Amen. And I don't believe it is a race thing, as I see white, black and hispanic people whom all possess that same attitude.
    As I've said... its a class thing not a race thing. People who blame it on race the same people that will stay where they are. They are welcome to vote for Obama and hope for a handout. I'll fly by them in my Bmw that I worked very hard to get.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    616
    Rep Points
    631.3
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Really? What do they say and who are these people?

    I just don't understand why I never see any program that helps me. For example, I'm running a small business here where is Obama's help for me? Not that I want it or I'm complaining as I would rather do it myself and do not expect the government to build anything for me or give me anything for that matter.
    You angry white person you, LOL

    You are one of the 5% that have to pay their fair share. Damm it, it is up to you to pay your fair share. I say, just send uncle sam your next three paychecks, and say a BIG thank you to BHO.

    Sorry my friend, I just couldn't help myselfClick here to enlarge

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •