Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Romney Gets Zero Support From Black Voters

Is it just me or does it seem that reverse racism is alive and well in the United States ? Click here to enlarge Seems even BET is surprised...

By Joyce Jones
    Posted: 08/23/2012 10:38 AM EDT
    Filed Under Barack Obama 2012, Barack Obama, President Barack Obama, The Road to the White House, Mitt Romney, President Obama, Politics News, 2012 Election

Click here to enlarge

Nobody has been under the illusion that Mitt Romney would get much support from African-American voters. But zero? According to the latest NBC/Wall Street Journal poll, that's exactly the percentage of support the presumptive Republican nominee has among Black voters, compared to 94 percent for President Obama. The remaining 6 percent said they were undecided or had no opinion.

That's bad news for the Romney campaign, which has made a few attempts to resonate with African-Americans. In 2008, Sen. John McCain got just 4 percent of their vote and George W. Bush won 11 percent in 2004.
    "It's no surprise that President Obama enjoys a majority of the Black vote. But that doesn't discount the fact that he hasn't delivered on promises he made to the Black community. Fully 36 percent of African-Americans say that the country is not better off since President Obama was elected," Romney senior adviser Tara Wall told BET.com. "It is our hope that more Black Americans will see that a Romney-Ryan ticket is the right path to restoring those broken promises."
    According to David Bositis, senior political analyst for the Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies, that likely won't happen.

"Ninety four to zero speaks for itself," he said. "But his issue positions [aren't attractive]; he has no history with Black people whatsoever; he's Mormon, a religion that until very recently was prejudiced against Black people and at the present moment in time African-Americans have totally and completely soured on the Republican Party."
    The poll found that Obama also leads among Latinos (by a 2-to-1 margin), voters under 35 years old (52 to 41 percent) and women (51 to 41 percent).

But hope springs eternal, and Bositis thinks Romney could get some of the 4 percent of Black support that McCain won four years ago.
    "The Republican Party has written off minorities for this election and appear to be writing off women," Bositis said.

http://www.bet.com/news/features/vot...ck-voters.html

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Voting based solely on skin color and not platform/policy is idiotic.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    IMO, this result does point to racism within the Black population. I don't mean any disrespect by my comment. I just believe that U.S. citizens should put aside political correctness and talk for real. I know that one of the more outspoken individuals concerning this issue is Larry Elder, who happens to be Black. Btw, I'm not one of those individuals that believes I can support my point by showing that a Black individual, like Larry Elder happens to agree with me. I mention Elder's name because he's been outspoken on this issue long before my awareness of same, and I agree with him.

At this point, race should not play a role in a voter's decision. It should be about policy. Do, I think the majority of Black voters disregard race when they vote? No. How can I, when you see poll numbers like these?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Either they are all racists or they are all really smart cause I'm voting for Obama, too Click here to enlarge
    Can't wait to see Romney get his ass handed to him.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Pick a loser. They both suck.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Either they are all racists or they are all really smart cause I'm voting for Obama, too Click here to enlarge
    Can't wait to see Romney get his ass handed to him.
    You're retired so not sure how concerned you are with the economy. Click here to enlarge

But, the economy was in the toilet when Obama got elected. I seem to recall some promise for change. Looks like a broken promise to me. So, not sure where your pro-Obama excitement is coming from?

Realistically, though, you won't find me holding the president (any president) solely responsible for the economy. It's too big an issue for any administration to solve. Too many competing interests. I'm not sure what major policy can be implemented to jump start the economy.

Regarding the poll results that are the subject of this thread, I can't believe, in this day and age, that one group would be so overwhelmingly supportive of one particular candidate.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sonny Click here to enlarge
    You're retired so not sure how concerned you are with the economy. Click here to enlarge

But, the economy was in the toilet when Obama got elected. I seem to recall some promise for change. Looks like a broken promise to me. So, not sure where your pro-Obama excitement is coming from?

Realistically, though, you won't find me holding the president (any president) solely responsible for the economy. It's too big an issue for any administration to solve. Too many competing interests. I'm not sure what major policy can be implemented to jump start the economy.

Regarding the poll results that are the subject of this thread, I can't believe, in this day and age, that one group would be so overwhelmingly supportive of one particular candidate.
    Ha! Well, partially retired...and the state of the economy has direct implications on my investments which managing is a full time job.

I'm not too thrilled with Obama either, I just can't stand Romney - he is the quintessential republican and I know he'd $#@! this country up worse than it already is.

One mayor policy change I know could immediately and drastically reduce our deficit - pull all troops out of the middle east and close all bases there and never go back. Bring 'em all back home and have them build a 50ft wall along the boarder with Mexico.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My response would be as follows...

1. Racist would by definition imply that the community believes they are superior. That's a rare sentiment in this community.

2. The majority of Black Americans are Democrats while a smaller percentage at are Republican. To say zero support is an exaggeration but it's certainly small. Comparable to past GOP candidate support levels I suspect.

Romney struggles within his own party he is not totally embraced its more of a "well we got him so push it till falls off" kind of thing. He could very well win if he can carry a few key states. Dont sleep he has money and a charged up GOP on his back
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    My response would be as follows...

1. Racist would by definition imply that the community believes they are superior. That's a rare sentiment in this community.

2. The majority of Black Americans are Democrats while a smaller percentage at are Republican. To say zero support is an exaggeration but it's certainly small. Comparable to past GOP candidate support levels I suspect.

Romney struggles within his own party he is not totally embraced its more of a "well we got him so push it till falls off" kind of thing. He could very well win if he can carry a few key states. Dont sleep he has money and a charged up GOP on his back
    Wait till the debates. No amount of money is going to buy him smarts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wish I felt voting made a difference.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    One mayor policy change I know could immediately and drastically reduce our deficit - pull all troops out of the middle east and close all bases there and never go back. Bring 'em all back home and have them build a 50ft wall along the boarder with Mexico.
    theres a problem with that.. and its called jobs.. thousands of guard and reserves are activated right now, 80% of which have nothing because 70% of that 80% is under 21 with no skills

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Obama gets 100% of the dead people's vote in Chicago too...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    theres a problem with that.. and its called jobs.. thousands of guard and reserves are activated right now, 80% of which have nothing because 70% of that 80% is under 21 with no skills
    I understand that. but the billions of dollars saved EACH DAY by not operating in the middle east would allow the government to pour so much money back into the economy that no one would be left out. Not to mention our debt would be paid and the money we waste on paying interest would also be on tap. $#@!, we could afford to give each one of those thousands of guards and reservists you mentioned a million dollar check and never blink and eye.
    Sorry to say, but our military operations are what are killing us.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    +144544535435576
    m3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is totally true. Overall, I'm closer to the Republicans than the Democrats for tax purposes mainly, but I think both parties absolutely suck.

I don't like the Mormon religion - they do not tolerate other religions well. A friend of mine became Mormon and got married in Utah. His parents were not allowed to see him wed because they are Catholic; they had to meet everyone at the reception. That is some $#@!ed up $#@!.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wish I felt voting made a difference.
    Same. I really do.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    what the hell is reverse racism?? there is only racism and it only works one way and yes a lot of blacks are racist although the media would never say it bcuz political correctness has $#@!ed this country royally.

... also I dont think anyone knows what racism really means. The media spins it 10 times over.
    Last edited by Q4P; 08-24-2012 at 09:31 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    what the hell is reverse racism?? there is only racism and it only works one way and yes a lot of blacks are racist although the media would never say it bcuz political correctness has $#@!ed this country royally.

... also I dont think anyone knows what racism really means. The media spins it 10 times over.
    Racism by definition says that a race believes they are superior to another race... There are thousands of White Supremacist groups just in the US alone, the Black culture by and large does not and has not every portrayed ourselves as a superior culture. The movement and goal has always been nothing more than equal. Now are there splinter groups within the culture that believe they are superior? I would say yes, I do not know if any at all but its more than feasible. The point here is simple... This culture talks about being equal, no more and no less.

Having been on the receiving end of racism whether it be professionally or personally I am pretty damn clear on what it means and moreover what it feels like!
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I understand that. but the billions of dollars saved EACH DAY by not operating in the middle east would allow the government to pour so much money back into the economy that no one would be left out. Not to mention our debt would be paid and the money we waste on paying interest would also be on tap. $#@!, we could afford to give each one of those thousands of guards and reservists you mentioned a million dollar check and never blink and eye.
    Sorry to say, but our military operations are what are killing us.

Click here to enlarge
    It would cost a ton of money to pull out and create security issues... A drawdown is certainly needed but how much and how fast is a big debate with no right answer and there are many ways to a solution. Bigger still is once these men & women return, in particular our reservist. Many will be out of work and only adding to the unemployment picture. These wars have gone over multiple White House administrations and ending our presence while needed is easier said and done.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Considering Blacks have voted overwhelmingly Democratic for decades that statement flawed... I'll concede that there's a percentage that voted solely for that reason I could argue that a percentage of the Mormon population will vote Romney just on faith. I would also argue a percentage of the White population voted against Obama based on skin color. If we are stating one side of the view then let's state them all.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Racism by definition says that a race believes they are superior to another race... There are thousands of White Supremacist groups just in the US alone, the Black culture by and large does not and has not every portrayed ourselves as a superior culture. The movement and goal has always been nothing more than equal. Now are there splinter groups within the culture that believe they are superior? I would say yes, I do not know if any at all but its more than feasible. The point here is simple... This culture talks about being equal, no more and no less.

Having been on the receiving end of racism whether it be professionally or personally I am pretty damn clear on what it means and moreover what it feels like!
    I am glad you understand the definition, I dont think a lot of people do... Equality is one thing, overbearing arrogance is another. I do not see how african americans are currently unequal in this country. What more needs to be done?? There is a black President, Attorney General, Former head of state and defense. Almost all sports are run by african americans as well as currently a lot of entetainment. I would also choose other leaders for my own race than al sharpton, jessie j and quiet down fools like kanye west, bcuz they are in fact racists. The inly struggle in this country is a class struggle not a race struggle but that has existed for ever and ever and applies to all races.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    I am glad you understand the definition, I dont think a lot of people do... Equality is one thing, overbearing arrogance is another. I do not see how african americans are currently unequal in this country. What more needs to be done?? There is a black President, Attorney General, Former head of state and defense. Almost all sports are run by african americans as well as currently a lot of entetainment. I would also choose other leaders for my own race than al sharpton, jessie j and quiet down fools like kanye west, bcuz they are in fact racists. The inly struggle in this country is a class struggle not a race struggle but that has existed for ever and ever and applies to all races.
    Speaking from the outside is easy IMO...

However let me cover your issues.

1. Equality is the ability to be any and everything another person can without being deterred or otherwise impeded. Factually President Obama is no less white than he is black thats a win win for both sides IMO. Moreover job & pay equality lag in many areas and perception lags in many area's. Being an athlete is the rarity in our population and its the same with entertainment so lets toss them aside for a quick moment. Because those mean little to nothing for the common person no matter what culture you hail from from. Calling them racists is not only insanely misguided but just wrong, tell me when they have spoken and stated the Black race is superior. Who said they speak for the entire race? Really... When did that happen? Thats a perception issue and a racial one at that.

I could argue that Pat Buchanan or Rush Limbaugh speaks for the entire white race and that would be sorely misguided on my end. Just because some follow does not mean that all follow, do you see what I mean here.

2. Class and race go hand in hand... The higher up in the economic class you go the less minorities you find. Thats a direct result of the struggles faced by the respective cultures. Whether it be education, job opportunities or what have you. When you get into the upper middle class and upper class communities. The cultural landscape starts to become a lesser spectrum than when you go into the lower middle class and below communities. Thats a fact here in the US. Folks can argue all day over why but the stats dont lie on the matter.

Its funny when you're here in the US and you are Black with money the reasons why you have it change. You see a white man in a Ferrari and folks assume he must be a business man of some sort. You see a black man in a Ferrari then he must be an athlete or entertainer, maybe into something illegal like drugs. For many people the concept that the latter man is a business man is not even a consideration at all. That racial perception is the key problem of society in the US. Thats not being seen as equals...

Your comment that sports is dominated by blacks wreaks of ignorance (Not to imply you're not intelligent) meaning you cater to a perception without reason. Many whites play and dominate sports (Hockey, Auto Racing for instance) more importantly the men & women who own those teams and entertainment companies are white. They are not usually black!!! You may find some minorities here and there perhaps as investors but rarely as team principals etc...

Culture is a funny thing and many of us are guilty of not understanding other cultures or holding some bias based on little or nothing. Being equal is accepting anyone can do anything... Just my opinion of course, no ill intended with the post!
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    You sir need an education... I have yet to understand how an african american cannot be whatever he wants in this country or how a white person has the advantage. Sure, there is a class issue here but that applies to all races and has nothing to do with racial inequality. You say there are standouts in the african american community, sure... just as there are standouts in the white community. Jay-z owns a part of the brooklyn nets, trump is a boss as well. Not everyone can be like these individuals, the fact that there is more people in the middle class that are white is directly related to hard work and not racial barriers. I know African american doctors, lawyers, dentists and business executives just as I know poor white rednecks... I do not see the point of this discussion.

You also just pretty much said Obama isnt black enough an that Kanye West has never said anything racist lol... I am done arguing here.
    Last edited by Q4P; 08-24-2012 at 12:03 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Considering Blacks have voted overwhelmingly Democratic for decades that statement flawed... I'll concede that there's a percentage that voted solely for that reason I could argue that a percentage of the Mormon population will vote Romney just on faith. I would also argue a percentage of the White population voted against Obama based on skin color. If we are stating one side of the view then let's state them all.
    Thats a valid point. Im all for if we're gonna talk about it, lets talk about all sides of it.

I would ask now though, do we think the numbers that voted based solely on race will vote differently now because of what changes have or have not comeforth, or are they going to stick to the race card, be it for or against?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    I would ask now though, do we think the numbers that voted based solely on race will vote differently now because of what changes have or have not comeforth, or are they going to stick to the race card, be it for or against?
    Sadly, I would bet that either side that voted soley on race will continue to do so.

It is tough to get ANY racist to change their opinion on something that they feel so much anger/hostility towards.

Maybe someday, but this election I highly doubt will have it any other way.

PS: I would vote for a green women if she could fix the economy, LOL

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast