Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

335i vs Dodge Viper GTS

In africa, once again with the usual car friends, and a guy shows up in a bright red viper gts. It was loud, so we knew it wasnt stock. we start talking, and it turns out he was somebody i had met a couple years back on an american car cruise. At the time he had a c5 frc vette with bolt ons. Turns out he sold it, and just recently picked up this 98 viper gts a couple of months ago. It had an intake, exhaust, and 93 octane tune.

so another friend suggests we do a pull or two (he just wanted to know how fast the viper is). They make 450hp and go 12.2 @ 119 mph stock, so I was a little scared lol....but i was on my usual e85 mix and map 5 was kickin at 16.5 psi, so i said lets see what happens. We go out, and the viper wanted to do a 35mph pull....he was in 1rst and I was in 2nd. The viper also had very sticky 345 width tires and didn't spin at all. I spun a little bit at the beginning of the race, but it wasn't terrible. Viper started half a car in front of me from 35-130. I let off around :38 into the vid.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Good for you bro... The Viper wasn't power shifting but has good top end power it appears. Still you gave him a great run. Kudos
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

E85 works magic on turbo'd engines
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Made a new youtube account. heres a link to the vid there since the old link prob doesnt work anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3lx9...ature=youtu.be

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stucks Click here to enlarge
    Made a new youtube account. heres a link to the vid there since the old link prob doesnt work anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3lx9...ature=youtu.be
    Edited op with new link.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    In africa, once again with the usual car friends, and a guy shows up in a bright red viper gts. It was loud, so we knew it wasnt stock. we start talking, and it turns out he was somebody i had met a couple years back on an american car cruise. At the time he had a c5 frc vette with bolt ons. Turns out he sold it, and just recently picked up this 98 viper gts a couple of months ago. It had an intake, exhaust, and 93 octane tune.

so another friend suggests we do a pull or two (he just wanted to know how fast the viper is). They make 450hp and go 12.2 @ 119 mph stock, so I was a little scared lol....but i was on my usual e85 mix and map 5 was kickin at 16.5 psi, so i said lets see what happens. We go out, and the viper wanted to do a 35mph pull....he was in 1rst and I was in 2nd. The viper also had very sticky 345 width tires and didn't spin at all. I spun a little bit at the beginning of the race, but it wasn't terrible. Viper started half a car in front of me from 35-130. I let off around :38 into the vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3lx95NHYrc
    Very nice run but the Viper looked like it was starting to pull up top when you let off. It should be able to pull.

Get me a higher quality vid next time and you'll make the front page. What's up with the viper looking like it goes to warp speed? What recorder were you using?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Very nice run but the Viper looked like it was starting to pull up top when you let off. It should be able to pull.
    I agree, I think if we had kept going up higher into more speed, the viper would have most likely started walking on me. My car is a 6AT so gearing is great down low, but it seems to hit a wall around 140 lol. I would have been interested to do a dig race with it, but we didnt get a chance.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Get me a higher quality vid next time and you'll make the front page. What's up with the viper looking like it goes to warp speed? What recorder were you using?
    It was actually recorded on a phone, so quality isnt as great lol. I need to find my camera and start bringing it with me to these things.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    awesome run
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lol the guy in the viper couldn't stop asking me questions about my car after the run. He couldnt beleive it was that fast and so quiet. I still run the stock catback exhaust with secondary cats in place. popped my hood to show no meth either. 70k miles with no valve cleanings ever done too, although I am getting the valves cleaned tomorrow. (i think mr. 5 picked up like 10 whp after cleaning his valves?)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lol the guy in the viper couldn't stop asking me questions about my car after the run. He couldnt beleive it was that fast and so quiet. I still run the stock catback exhaust with secondary cats in place. popped my hood to show no meth either. 70k miles with no valve cleanings ever done too, although I am getting the valves cleaned tomorrow. (i think mr. 5 picked up like 10 whp after cleaning his valves?)
    yes, valve cleaning is worth about 10rwhp for most cars. I loved going back to stock catback after a while. so much more enjoyable.

why no meth?