Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

E92 335i Brake Wear Sensors

It's been a week now and I've tried everything except change the sensors to try to clear the red brake light and red car on lift light, so I've decided while I'm in there I mine as well change the pads to the Akebono pads (sick of all the brake dust). Anyone know where I can get a good deal for the front and rear brake wear sensor's that will work for a E92 335i with sports package?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Are these also the right pads that everyone that uses Akebono's pads are using?
    http://www.amazon.com/Akebono-EUR919...xgy_auto_img_b
    http://www.amazon.com/Akebono-EUR918...gy_auto_text_b

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Don't know where you can get a good deal outside of used sensors, but what CC-ID is it showing? When did this start happening? When did you have your brakes pads changed last? Were the pad sensors chagned then? Do you see a service interval in the dash for brakes? or does it just show -----? Most likely either needing new sensors, new pads and sensors, or you have the awesome expensive DSC module issue.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    When I had my brakes replaced I had to use my bt scan tool to reset the light....I couldn't do it through the idrive, just a FYI
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ssharma Click here to enlarge
    Don't know where you can get a good deal outside of used sensors, but what CC-ID is it showing? When did this start happening? When did you have your brakes pads changed last? Were the pad sensors chagned then? Do you see a service interval in the dash for brakes? or does it just show -----? Most likely either needing new sensors, new pads and sensors, or you have the awesome expensive DSC module issue.
    Ive never had my brakes changed before, but it seems as though I still have a lot left in the front pads and decent in the rears. It happened last week right when I turned the car on. I get the ----- like you stated. How do I know if I have that dsc problem? My car has 27k miles.
    Last edited by justohigh; 08-17-2012 at 02:54 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm going through this saga as well regarding the DSC module.. Mine popped up when my brakes were pretty fresh and I visited the dealer who cleared it.. The code simply returned a few days later. I recently replaced all 4 brake pads and my front pad sensor. I need to change the rear pad sensor, but if I can't resent the brake service interval thang then I probably have the DSC malfunction as the dealer believes I might have.. (Might be BMW N.A. issue for me as they didn't take care of the issue at the time and didn't do anything about it afterwards).

For you though.. I'm guessing you are getting close to brake pad time? Also guessing you are under warranty? Bring it on in to the stealer have them do their thang fo free (pads,rotors,sensors) whatever they deem necessary. If you are under warranty all this should be free. If the light is still on they will probably tell you you have a faulty DSC module and then will replace the module for you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    getbmwparts.com gets things at cost, its your best bet. I had a sensor fail after driving through a deep puddle, brakes still had plenty of life

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    getbmwparts.com gets things at cost, its your best bet. I had a sensor fail after driving through a deep puddle, brakes still had plenty of life
    I think that may be it LM. This happen to go on after I drove the car through a horrible downpour. I'm not getting any codes or dsc light so I'll try to change the pads and sensor to see where that leads. How do you tell if there is a dsc problem? I drove the car earlier and tried to see if dsc is working properly by breaking the tires loose and everything seems to be normal.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    if dsc isnt working, you will get an assload of limp codes

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by justohigh Click here to enlarge
    I think that may be it LM. This happen to go on after I drove the car through a horrible downpour. I'm not getting any codes or dsc light so I'll try to change the pads and sensor to see where that leads. How do you tell if there is a dsc problem? I drove the car earlier and tried to see if dsc is working properly by breaking the tires loose and everything seems to be normal.
    In my case I don't know that the DSC module is the cause... If replacing the sensors doesn't allow me to reset the service interval then I may very well have a DSC module issue.

My traction/skid control functions work perfectly fine the error may be caused by a malfunctioning DSC module is what I'm saying. This is purely based off of what I have read in the past and what a few dealers have reiterated to me.

I haven't been able to reset my front brake pad service interval since replacing the front brake pad sensor, which is why I am worried. Unless you have to replace both to reset the front and rear brake intervals.. which doesn't make sense to me.

Try replacing the sensor and see what happens.. It seems to be the issue and the least costly. When they get worn down enough you will have to replace them with brake pads.. So ideally get both done!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok. Thanks for all the help guys. I wont be driving the car this week so ill try to replace the pads and sensors next week when I have time. I'll let you guys know if that fixed the problem.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Moved to 3 Series E9X.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok. Thanks for all the help guys. I wont be driving the car this week so ill try to replace the pads and sensors next week when I have time. I'll let you guys know if that fixed the problem.
    Any luck?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Haven't done it yet. I ordered new sensors and still waiting for them to come in.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I ran without sensors for a long time, because of brake squeak, and did a reset with the idrive and got the same issue as you. I don't know why it started to complain about it now. Ordered new sensors, and should have them on Wednesday. BTW also running Akebono pads, love not having to clean my wheels every two days.
    Last edited by nOshi; 09-09-2012 at 03:26 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Haven't done it yet. I ordered new sensors and still waiting for them to come in.
    assuming you are all set since there was no follow up?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sorry. Forgot all about the thread. Update is that I changed the pads and sensors. Reset the in dash settings. Everything is back to normal. The problem was actually the rear sensor. Seemed that the small metal piece where the sensor clips to the pads was missing. After replacing and resetting, everything was fine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    good stuff, worked the same for me. what a feeling not having to look at an illuminated brake icon when driving.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sorry. Forgot all about the thread. Update is that I changed the pads and sensors. Reset the in dash settings. Everything is back to normal. The problem was actually the rear sensor. Seemed that the small metal piece where the sensor clips to the pads was missing. After replacing and resetting, everything was fine.

good stuf brotha... happy to hear it fixed the issue.