Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Raining down here now, hope it clears up

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    Remember when you said MDM mode launching was wrong Click here to enlarge
    yea, I haven't tried it off yet ,so I cant say for sure I was wrong yet, but mdm may not be the devil I thought it was if the mini launch control theory/method proves to be repeatable.

I saw you had a few good runs recently, care to give some details?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great video and always insightful data and impressions.

Congrats on getting everything running up nice and strong for good runs! I can't wait to see your future 60-130 runs and dynos!

Keep it up bro!
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for posting this LM. I'm glad you have no hidden agendas. These results sound about right given my runs against two 535 M3's - a 6MT driven by PG and a DCT driven by Roman. Both my runs ended essentially in a tie. Strange because I was actually very slightly pulling on both once we hit triple digit speeds. Should have been the other way around. I have a full weight 6AT 335i with just a 91 oct tune, meth, dps and intake. I was getting sh*t on M3post posting these results only in an attempt to figure out why these kits didn't perform well.

I will be following your posts with interest as I'm going to supercharger route as well, but don't think the non-intercooled kits are the way to go. I've been to a couple roll-on events and even the M5's and M6's with the non-intercooled kits do poorly. The intercooled kits on the other hand seem to do a lot better. Launching a DCT with a supercharger and street tires also looks like a challenge. Thanks for posting your technique.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
    Great video and always insightful data and impressions.

Congrats on getting everything running up nice and strong for good runs! I can't wait to see your future 60-130 runs and dynos!

Keep it up bro!
    Thanks! i havent even tried 60-130 yet, but i think it should be in the upper 8 range from what i feel, and if these mph's are accurate

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by longboarder Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for posting this LM. I'm glad you have no hidden agendas. These results sound about right given my runs against two 535 M3's - a 6MT driven by PG and a DCT driven by Roman. Both my runs ended essentially in a tie. Strange because I was actually very slightly pulling on both once we hit triple digit speeds. Should have been the other way around. I have a full weight 6AT 335i with just a 91 oct tune, meth, dps and intake. I was getting sh*t on M3post posting these results only in an attempt to figure out why these kits didn't perform well.

I will be following your posts with interest as I'm going to supercharger route as well, but don't think the non-intercooled kits are the way to go. I've been to a couple roll-on events and even the M5's and M6's with the non-intercooled kits do poorly. The intercooled kits on the other hand seem to do a lot better. Launching a DCT with a supercharger and street tires also looks like a challenge. Thanks for posting your technique.

please, do not bring up PG. search for any comments between me and him, and draw your own conclusions..

i briefly read through a lot of that thread actually. those guys dont have a grasp of exactly how fast N54s are, especially how much meth helps. IIRC, some of those guys speaking to you, had not tried meth before, but have it now, and now see why its a GREAT addition, when used properly.

As you may know, im not a huge fan of the DCT advantage theory, because i havent seen it. I attribute most of the 6MT failings, due to driver error, (and probably driver weight Click here to enlarge )

if Romans car had a leak, then it makes sense. But also with that, the conditions would effect us, more so than you. In respect to DA, boost, IAT ect. Turbos have the advantage of load targetting, so its gonna hit what it wants, but if he had a leak, theres no give. he gets whatever is not leaking out.

I dont recall the heat, but a sustained run like that, HAS to be HIGH IAT's.. the most efficient setups out there are going to get hot, and its going to pull timing.

This is why, for me, meth is a must on the kit. again, not to maximize, but so i dont lose anything, and get back-back consistant performance. I think ive shown that. the first few runs were hotlapped, and all 118-119, and actually, it seemed to be faster (119) when it was hotter..

I agree an intercooled kit will always outperform a non kit, at least initially; lower inital IATs. but non-ic +meth vs intercooled no meth, meth should take a win, given all else equal, boost ect.

I really feel the car is stronger than what I have shown so far, but i dont like to speculate too much. I will just say that initially, if you guys recall, i was running 118-119 mph on the RBs as well, then 121-123, and then eventually it was peaked at 127. So im not done yet. Just keep an eye, and remember whenever you need the voice of reason, BB is here Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes Roman mentioned the boost leak to me after the run and said it probably was down 15 wheel HP. So of course the guys on the forum used that to their advantage - but when I posted my log and and showed how I also didn't have a clean run with intermittant meth flow, it got no response. So I might have been down even more power than Roman all else equal, but they didn't care. They had to believe the supercharged M was faster.

Because I'm out here on the West coast and we don't have anything like Atco, my runs will be on the track or airstrips where the elevation and heat are factors likely brining DA's to between 2,000 at 6,000 feet. Yes the N54 performs nicely because the turbo's target a particular boost and hit it no matter what - that's why they were designed in the aviation industry in the first place!

So I have been asking around for how to get a supercharged M to perform better in warm/high DA environments...or at least how to get it to perform consistently. I think meth and an intercooler are absolutely required. At these events the cars are on-again/ off-again sitting under the sun and on a hot taramac for a while and the lack of airflow really results in higher IAT environments. On one run I logged an increase from 45c to 90c when my meth didn't flow on a 78 degree day at the Trona Airstrip. The next run meth flowed and IATs went from 45c to 39c!

Higher DA's as you know result in less dense air and so a supercharged car (run by a pulley) will run less boost as compared with sea level. One way to fix this is to run a slightly smaller pulley specifically for these events. But before doing this, I would need to understand the correlation between the decline in boost and rise in DA's and attempt to solve for this.

Anyway, I look forward to challenges posed here and the completely different experience than I have with the 335. Your 335 was a beast and so I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying the M3 even though you are comparatively down on performance at this point. Hope to see you get it in the 127 mph trap range soon. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Atco isnt in wonderland, ive shown that results are not guranteed. Atco is known because it CAN have great weather.

Have you ever taken your car to the strip? what about 60-130's? What was the boost on those runs?

you could always have the same conversation over here, and in fact, it would be suggested

Its not so easy to just start swapping out pulleys and off you go. there are no overboost safeties, ect. Although the 535 kit has a pulley upgrade option, the rest of the kits dont work like that. you need bigger injectors and tuning for it.

Ive been told noone has put meth on a 535/nonIC car before, so it looks like ill be the test dummy once again.

I "believe" right now, my benefits are maximum timing and cool IAT's, so the car is running at maximum potential in current ambient conditions. AFR should be within a few points of set target. Im not too sure how the S65 differs from N54 in regards to fueling. Thursday, we should have some feedback though.

My intentions are to get lined up against a car or cars, that i ran when i was fully bolted/tuned, so we can see a difference in that regard as well.

One test is always nice, but if we can get 2-3 tests done (1/4 mi, car vs car, dyno, 60-130) then we can clear picture.

You have to consider what you want from your car though. Im much happier being "slower" in the M, than i was being fast in the 335. Its 2 different cars.

I feel like a kid again with the M, BLOWN, and dumps open
    (listen to that beast!)
    http://bimmerboost.com/showthread.ph...win-Turbo-G37x

Vs a mid 20's "tuner" in the 335, but when I close the valves and its quiet again, Im Mr professional and an automibile connoisseur..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why didn't you post the slips of no meth versus meth?

I'd be disappointed with anything less than 12X on a blown S65 with DCT, no offense.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What tires were you running?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Nice vid Steve, really like your transparent approach to your progress. Good stuff!
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    2008 E90 335xi - AT - TSM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have all the slips, I can post when I'm home. I don't care what you would or wouldn't be pleased with. It comes down to what you expect. If you expect 120+, from 5 psi in the middle of a heat wave, then your expectations are too high. I fully expect a 120, I've told many people this. I'm right on that line. In 0 DA, perfectly zero, sealevel, I think its right there. I don't see how anyone would assume more than that with a 3500 lb car, at about 480rwhp. The math doesn't support more than that.
    This is part of what I would like to show

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    I have all the slips, I can post when I'm home. I don't care what you would or wouldn't be pleased with. It comes down to what you expect. If you expect 120+, from 5 psi in the middle of a heat wave, then your expectations are too high. I fully expect a 120, I've told many people this. I'm right on that line. In 0 DA, perfectly zero, sealevel, I think its right there. I don't see how anyone would assume more than that with a 3500 lb car, at about 480rwhp. The math doesn't support more than that.
    This is part of what I would like to show
    You expected less than 120?

I think it's time to up that boost.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You expected less than 120?

I think it's time to up that boost.
    no, i expected about 120, give or take 1-2 mph. which is where im at.

of course i want more already. given the conditions, im not displeased, because i knew what to expect. If i believed scott with the dct 535's traps of 126 mph, and held the kit to that standard, yea, id be $#@!in furious. Given the conditions, its just unrealistic.

Maybe in cold cold air, negating the intercooler advantage, +meth, and the upgraded pulley and sticky tires, maybe, maybe theres some chance i would be able to go as fast as higher kits.. in optimal conditions

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    looking forward to the cooler weather...I want to see this get back up to the realm of the 335 Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    no, i expected about 120, give or take 1-2 mph. which is where im at.

of course i want more already. given the conditions, im not displeased, because i knew what to expect. If i believed scott with the dct 535's traps of 126 mph, and held the kit to that standard, yea, id be $#@!in furious. Given the conditions, its just unrealistic.

Maybe in cold cold air, negating the intercooler advantage, +meth, and the upgraded pulley and sticky tires, maybe, maybe theres some chance i would be able to go as fast as higher kits.. in optimal conditions
    If you are happy that is all that matters. I would be disappointed but that is me.

You would be faster in better conditions I think we all know that but I mean it is true bolt on cars have done similar. Albeit in much better conditions so no doubt you are faster.

I guess I just expected more but this is a very low boost kit. Still, 5.5 psi or so should net you some more as this is not 4.5

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    all the slips for you guys. consistancy=victory Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Almost hit 120 there on a run.

You really, really need to work on your launch.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Almost hit 120 there on a run.

You really, really need to work on your launch.
    He needs some super lightweight 18" wheels and stickier tires than even the PSS! Click here to enlarge
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
    He needs some super lightweight 18" wheels and stickier tires than even the PSS! Click here to enlarge
    Apex ARC-8s with the Mickey Thompson Street Radials
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    good point, i forget my 25lb wheels arent helping. they are pilot sports, but not super sports, i bought the wrong damn ones..

every run had at least some blip of a rev limit. i didnt figure it out till later that it has to be gear dependent because i WATCHED the tach bounce before 8400 on a 1-2 and 2-3 shift

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    every run had at least some blip of a rev limit. i didnt figure it out till later that it has to be gear dependent because i WATCHED the tach bounce before 8400 on a 1-2 and 2-3 shift
    No, it's likely that in the lower gears the tach isn't keeping up with the motor. That is why it is better to put it into D5 right away...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No, it's likely that in the lower gears the tach isn't keeping up with the motor. That is why it is better to put it into D5 right away...
    ill try it soon. dyno tomorrow and i think atco right after. Either way, im aware of it now, and can figure out a way around it to achieve greatness

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You will feel it by switching to lighter wheels, arc 8's are cheap and good for the track. My Morr's are 19lbs front and 21lbs rear, not bad for 19's and waaaaaay better than my LM reps (24lb f and 27lb R!)

I hope tomorrow is cooler, today was hooot
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    You will feel it by switching to lighter wheels, arc 8's are cheap and good for the track. My Morr's are 19lbs front and 21lbs rear, not bad for 19's and waaaaaay better than my LM reps (24lb f and 27lb R!)

I hope tomorrow is cooler, today was hooot
    I love these wheels sooo much though!! IF I change out, it needs to be a balance. I think those Forgeline GA1R Concave's VAC just posted up are top of the list right now

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I love these wheels sooo much though!! IF I change out, it needs to be a balance. I think those Forgeline GA1R Concave's VAC just posted up are top of the list right now
    Yup, your wheels look sick, the problem I found is, light 19 inch wheels and affordable, don't belong in the same sentence. Honestly my wheels were the best value I could find....but I agree those forge lines would look sick on your car. I'm sure there will be plenty of wheels to check out at Bimmerfest
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast