Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 68 of 68
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,462
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    cheap-fast-reliable; you can only have 2 Click here to enlarge Ill be picking some brains this weekend

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    967
    Rep Points
    1,459.5
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    I am expecting lots of updates before the night ends Click here to enlarge
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,462
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
    I am expecting lots of updates before the night ends Click here to enlarge
    you mean like this?
    http://bimmerboost.com/showthread.ph...439#post318439

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    967
    Rep Points
    1,459.5
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    WOOOOT!

    Checking it out soon!
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    804
    Rep Points
    641.4
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    all the slips for you guys. consistancy=victory Click here to enlarge

    Attachment 19997
    Ain't that the truth. Not that I really race on the road these days, but that is especially true in those cases. So many people talk a big game, and have fast cars, but can't drive them worth a $#@!. Nice to see someone who can.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    178
    Rep Points
    213.6
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Ive been told noone has put meth on a 535/nonIC car before, so it looks like ill be the test dummy once again.
    I have meth on a 535, no cooler. Live at 5500ft as well. Extremely hot in the summer goes into the 90's.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    178
    Rep Points
    213.6
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by longboarder Click here to enlarge

    So I have been asking around for how to get a supercharged M to perform better in warm/high DA environments...or at least how to get it to perform consistently. I think meth and an intercooler are absolutely required. At these events the cars are on-again/ off-again sitting under the sun and on a hot taramac for a while and the lack of airflow really results in higher IAT environments.
    I consistently run in DA over 6000ft in high temps. I don't have heatsoak & I don't have a cooler. I've run a best of 11.2 @ 127mph, & that was immediately after an 11.4 run with no cool down. Meth is great, works well.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,462
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M&M Click here to enlarge
    I have meth on a 535, no cooler. Live at 5500ft as well. Extremely hot in the summer goes into the 90's.
    tuned for it or just cooling?

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    46
    Rep Points
    59.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    What meth kits are you guys running ? I just recently got a 535 kit also and found this forum looking for info.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,462
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Chris3g Click here to enlarge
    What meth kits are you guys running ? I just recently got a 535 kit also and found this forum looking for info.
    coolingmist trunkmount, basic boost switch for now, will do a Devils Own progressive controller or CM VC2/CMGS very soon though

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Chris3g Click here to enlarge
    What meth kits are you guys running ? I just recently got a 535 kit also and found this forum looking for info.
    Welcome. Dyno numbers? Pics of your car/kit?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    184
    Rep Points
    45.1
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M&M Click here to enlarge
    I consistently run in DA over 6000ft in high temps. I don't have heatsoak & I don't have a cooler. I've run a best of 11.2 @ 127mph, & that was immediately after an 11.4 run with no cool down. Meth is great, works well.
    Hey M&M congrats those times are incredible. The non-intercooled kits I've seen on M3's, M5's and M6's just didn't perform well at ~ 4,000 to 6,000 DA at the Trona event. They were running fairly even with the 400 WHP cars that day. But again, the cars were sitting for a long time waiting to run. I don't know about the M5 and M6, but the M3 didn't have meth.

    What meth kit are you using? Thanks.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    40
    Rep Points
    42.9
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Nice numbers. I'm not well known on this forum as I'm on m3post. I hold the record from what I've seen for non intercooled M3 E9x. I'll share my experiences...

    1. Last fall I ran 11.6 @124 at Atco in a ESS 535 DCT no meth with catless exhaust and stock 19oem tires with NO launch control. Akh2345 and M33 was with me all day. Since then I got serious and added DR's and linelock. That makes a huge difference! I have over 100 runs using LC on my old 535 kit

    2. 60 foot went from 1.9-2.0 to 1.7-1.8, trap increased approx 1-2mph but ETA dropped 3tenths

    3. Tire pressure makes a big difference!

    4. Properly Setup 535 cars can run 11.3-11.4 with DR's at Atco.

    Now Im now running a ESS 625 with aquamist hfs-3 and hope to be in the mid-high tens. I hope to meet some of you this fall ...

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 1SICKM Click here to enlarge
    Now Im now running a ESS 625 with aquamist hfs-3 and hope to be in the mid-high tens. I hope to meet some of you this fall ...
    Looking forward to seeing what you hit.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,462
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 1SICKM Click here to enlarge
    Nice numbers. I'm not well known on this forum as I'm on m3post. I hold the record from what I've seen for non intercooled M3 E9x. I'll share my experiences...

    1. Last fall I ran 11.6 @124 at Atco in a ESS 535 DCT no meth with catless exhaust and stock 19oem tires with NO launch control. Akh2345 and M33 was with me all day. Since then I got serious and added DR's and linelock. That makes a huge difference! I have over 100 runs using LC on my old 535 kit

    2. 60 foot went from 1.9-2.0 to 1.7-1.8, trap increased approx 1-2mph but ETA dropped 3tenths

    3. Tire pressure makes a big difference!

    4. Properly Setup 535 cars can run 11.3-11.4 with DR's at Atco.

    Now Im now running a ESS 625 with aquamist hfs-3 and hope to be in the mid-high tens. I hope to meet some of you this fall ...
    Ive followed your car for a while.

    I think the air played a huge part in your hitting those trap speeds. IIRC your best mph was not with your best ET.
    Correct me if im wrong, but it was a 126 trap with a 2.1-2.2 60' and high 11/low12 ET? was this on racefuel as well?

    also, i recall seeing your videos of running slightly slower mph in warmer weather, it was about where im at now right?

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,962
    Rep Points
    2,657.4
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27


    Yes Reputation No
    Grab a set of Toyo r888's... Best street tire out there IMO, and it will hook for you pretty damn well

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,462
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    Grab a set of Toyo r888's... Best street tire out there IMO, and it will hook for you pretty damn well
    they are loud though, ill just go with PS2's

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    804
    Rep Points
    641.4
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 1SICKM Click here to enlarge
    Nice numbers. I'm not well known on this forum as I'm on m3post. I hold the record from what I've seen for non intercooled M3 E9x. I'll share my experiences...

    1. Last fall I ran 11.6 @124 at Atco in a ESS 535 DCT no meth with catless exhaust and stock 19oem tires with NO launch control. Akh2345 and M33 was with me all day. Since then I got serious and added DR's and linelock. That makes a huge difference! I have over 100 runs using LC on my old 535 kit

    2. 60 foot went from 1.9-2.0 to 1.7-1.8, trap increased approx 1-2mph but ETA dropped 3tenths

    3. Tire pressure makes a big difference!

    4. Properly Setup 535 cars can run 11.3-11.4 with DR's at Atco.

    Now Im now running a ESS 625 with aquamist hfs-3 and hope to be in the mid-high tens. I hope to meet some of you this fall ...
    Great info! That's fast.

    Also makes LOL @ people that are all like "ZOMG LC is abuse; your BMWS will explode!; change your oil every 25miles!"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •