Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

My 5.5psi Supercharged M3, with Meth at Atco

All systems go today!

I did the first couple runs without meth on to see what it could do in pure form. AFter that I turn on the meth kit (CM5, 70% meth) to see how it would effect the car.

I didnt get a chance to log any parameters this time, but I do have my dyno scheduled for Thursday, so we can get some good feedback

Launching is still a PITA. BUT! I figured it out. MDM on, 2nd light release brake, mash pedal to the floor and it will do a halflaunch control. All the runs were 2.2-2.3 doing my usual, but the very last run, Vs red stang, i did the above and cut a 1.9 60'

Ill try this again at a later date.

I love having 2 gopro's now, so much better. You can clearly see the difference between the original (rearward), and the gopro2 (front)

Now, as to the performance. Its exactly where i thought i should be. Roughly 118-120 mph. Now, this doesnt seem like a lot to some people, since i was able to run 12.5@115 basically stock (335rwhp DJ dyno).

What is to note though, is that was ideal conditions in February.

After modding (370rwhp DJ Dyno) i was rarely able to even match those times/traps

I went to Atco just a few days before the s/c install just to get a feel for how the car likes the heat in the summer, and the best i could do then was 12.7-12.8 @112 mph

Realisticly, the car will do 11's with tires. It realisticly should do about 120mph in better weather. IF, if it does better than that I would be suprised. Of course this is conjecture, because immidiatly following my dyno next week, I will be going to an upgraded pulley ( .5-1.0 psi more) so I dunno..

Enjoy the video! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Some good runs in there. that 12.3 looked pretty good even for a so so launch. Definitely throw some better rubber on there soon. Congrats!
    Never thought I would see the day...
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Life is so much more fun with a nemesis. I miss Shiv. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    very nice! Once the upgrades are in, we can get to really laying some rubber down on this thing Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    gratz on the kit LM. thanks for posting results but i'm going to put your shoes on for this question though: you paid 10k for a .3 quicker, and 3mph faster time? what a flop... lol.. right? isn't that what you said about the 10sec single turbo? that it's a flop because its only a few tenths faster than your previously near maxed RB 335 (though the single made the time on slicks)? and on your other thread didn't you say your gauge was reading way higher than 5.5 psi, because of the meth?

lol man i'm just playing with ya. i read the OP... i'm just throwing your stones back at cha. i'm very glad you finally got the kit and am also excited to see who you will be racing against as without boost, it isn't nearly as fun Click here to enlarge these BMW's really are not made for drag racing but if you really want to use that as your benchmark, by all means.... if it were me? and i made the switch? i'd be all over the 60-130 as that is where your m3, with its high revs, will shine.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not too shabby. Really looks like it comes into its own right around the 1/8 mile.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    5mph increase isnt bad at all dude...basically 1mph = 1psi for you
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    gratz on the kit LM. thanks for posting results but i'm going to put your shoes on for this question though: you paid 10k for a .3 quicker, and 3mph faster time? what a flop... lol.. right? isn't that what you said about the 10sec single turbo? that it's a flop because its only a few tenths faster than your previously near maxed RB 335 (though the single made the time on slicks)? and on your other thread didn't you say your gauge was reading way higher than 5.5 psi, because of the meth?

lol man i'm just playing with ya. i read the OP... i'm just throwing your stones back at cha. i'm very glad you finally got the kit and am also excited to see who you will be racing against as without boost, it isn't nearly as fun Click here to enlarge these BMW's really are not made for drag racing but if you really want to use that as your benchmark, by all means.... if it were me? and i made the switch? i'd be all over the 60-130 as that is where your m3, with its high revs, will shine.
    ill get to 60-130s soon

i see what your saying,aqnd getting at. the difference is, that i didnt pay 10k Click here to enlarge i only added 5.5 psi, 20hp per, puts me right around 500. this is on street tires, and as i have shown, 1 week prior, i was running high 12's @112 best. you can believe that i will throw on drag radials, racefuel, and launch control the $#@! out of the car, in better weather. Basically, i gained 6-7 mph.

The point of this thread is to detail exactly what anyone can expect, which is in direct conflict to the thread your talking about, where a vendor says anyone can expect to run 10's with no effort. In fact, mine again , is to REFUTE claims that 5.5 psi non-intercooled can run low 11's @126mph, as this company claims my kit has done. Im not saying the guy DIDNT do it, but I dont think its possible.

The other difference is that I AM showing the progress, where as all the other vishnu swingers, i KNOW have been out to try, and WONT post anything that isnt amazing.

The good thing, is that i can now line-up against some of the cars i previously raced @Laloosh and vadim (blue 5.0 at ER roll event) and show how we stack up

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    5mph increase isnt bad at all dude...basically 1mph = 1psi for you
    its right about where i thought i would be, 5-6 mph increase. but like i said, from when you and i ran in february, to every time i went after that, adding power, my times/mph went down. So i think in a bit better weather, 1-2 mph more, 120ish total, is reasonable.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    the slower times could attribute to the new system they installed too tho...
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Ummm...that last run sounded and looked $#@!ing awesome.

Best camera angles I have seen on a 1/4 mile race.

The BimmerBoost logo and intro music are nicely done.

Thanks, I really enjoyed it; and nice driving!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by singletrack Click here to enlarge
    Ummm...that last run sounded and looked $#@!ing awesome.

Best camera angles I have seen on a 1/4 mile race.

The BimmerBoost logo and intro music are nicely done.

Thanks, I really enjoyed it; and nice driving!
    THANKS! when i saw the 1.9 60' flash up, i thought FOR SURE i was running an 11 @120+, it was a rocket! but i guess its caused i tapped the rev limit again..

dual gopro turned out really well. a lot of people had them on their cars, but everyone was pointing and joking about me and having 2. i left the track guys giving me the finger on there for a reason Click here to enlarge

some little wanna be thugs in 12 second civic (12.8s @ 108mph) were talking $#@! to me.. "oh look, he gets you from the rear, then tapes you as you pass him" i was like, lol, dude i dont think its gonna go down like that Click here to enlarge. its that $#@!box in front of me one one of the runs, he was a little prick, he started in the right lane, but cut me off to get into the left as we started moving.. i was like, man, you could have just asked.. fukstiks..

im so glad i finally got to run a GTO though, they always give me dirty looks around here.. its a shame he didnt put up much of a fight though

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    the slower times could attribute to the new system they installed too tho...
    i dont know of them doing a new system. ill ask next time im there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I give you props for going to the track and posting numbers, good or bad. Not many people will do that.

I agree, get some slicks, wait for a cooler night and see what it does. Also, those 60-130 times ARE where the m3 is in it's comfort zone.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i hear ya, not a lot of people are willing to show everything.

BTW
    I think this is the Vinny ten infiniti I ran. Im pretty sure VT was the driver. i think he did 1-2 runs and bounced. He asked me how i was doing, good or bad ect, told him i dont know, first run out with it. It didnt click until after he left that thats what it was, then I saw VTR logo on the car, and we ran. then it clicked, TT infiniti, NY plates, VTR.. ect.. never saw him again though for details. ill see what i can dig up

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wouldn't really be scared of that infiniti (not saying you are), the trannys on those cars cant hold much more power than what its putting down right now.

Other than that...

That last run was $#@!ing badass, video was awesome thanks for taking the time to put it together and post it up.
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by folgrz Click here to enlarge
    I wouldn't really be scared of that infiniti (not saying you are), the trannys on those cars cant hold much more power than what its putting down right now.

Other than that...

That last run was $#@!ing badass, video was awesome thanks for taking the time to put it together and post it up.
    im not afraid of it, i wanted to run him again. i just thought it was interesting. I am now curious if it ran at the 8 psi in the youtube vid, or he was testing something else. He seemed pretty intent on the comparison,kinda sounded mad/dissapointed in what he was running, probably trying to get in the 11's as well. curious how VTRs dyno reads, if known as high/low/on par ect.. not a big deal, my dyno is next week @Mr.Squeeze and @nismo370 and @MSIZZLE , any idea?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    im not afraid of it, i wanted to run him again. i just thought it was interesting. I am now curious if it ran at the 8 psi in the youtube vid, or he was testing something else. He seemed pretty intent on the comparison,kinda sounded mad/dissapointed in what he was running, probably trying to get in the 11's as well. curious how VTRs dyno reads, if known as high/low/on par ect.. not a big deal, my dyno is next week @Mr.Squeeze and @nismo370 and @MSIZZLE , any idea?
    I have never been this shop that he has now but its a dynoJet for the most part the all read similar. Also with those GT 28rs turbo his 450WHP seem's about right @8 psi being that it's a AWD car more drive train loss. With a rear wheel drive the car would have made more power on 8 psi 20-30 more I would guess.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    thats about what i figured

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    nice runs....i wouldn't let Vinny Ten touch my sons Mercedes powerwheel . the guy is a joke . he has made some really quick cars but his customer service skills are the worst . i paid the guy back in the day to build me a monster motor for my car and 6 months later , with having to threaten him with attorneys , i finally got my money back . typical jerk off that makes a quick car and then gets a big head about it . sorry about that rant !

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol, its cool

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ Click here to enlarge
    nice runs....i wouldn't let Vinny Ten touch my sons Mercedes powerwheel . the guy is a joke . he has made some really quick cars but his customer service skills are the worst . i paid the guy back in the day to build me a monster motor for my car and 6 months later , with having to threaten him with attorneys , i finally got my money back . typical jerk off that makes a quick car and then gets a big head about it . sorry about that rant !
    Are you from Long Island? Maybe I've met you before I used to go to performance motorsport (vinnys arch enemy) lol. There are a TON of VTR horror stories that I've heard from disgruntled customers. One of my best friends G35 was blown up by Vinny the $#@! he had to go through was ridiculous
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Steve, run me, considering i'm down 40-50 whp every time my car flatlines timing you should beat me easy

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I need to test & data log my 35% E85 Map like yesterday Click here to enlarge

Of course there's no decent gas stations with E85 so I'm gonna have to drive 20 mins for E85 & another 20 to finish the blend with Shell gas --- FML
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @LostMarine

Congrats bro first and foremost and doings something and not just blowing hot air. More importantly showing the results in an unbiased fashion. I expected more MPH if I am being honest. I want to run the Vette I think its somewhere the 115-118 range but I could be wrong. In any case the runs were fairly consistent in terms of MPH. How much more boost does the pully yield you?

You need to get some highway pulls with other cars I suspect it shines there more than on the strip, the trap speed may not tell the whole story in this rare instance. Damn if that VTR G wasnt quick as $#@!, thats a sleeper.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @themyst
    Anytime man, I've been asking for it...

@Sledgehammer
    I thought the car would do 120, but 118/119 in the heat is pretty damn close. If the high boost/intercooled setups are upper 120's, then I understand. Im trying to get lined up with cars ive run before, specifically, lost to. Yourself, @Laloosh, ect that have or should trap about the same

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Tonight and tomorrow should be some good weather....
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Remember when you said MDM mode launching was wrong Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast