Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Dzenno, thanks for the info. Myself purchased a custom MAP last week and will be working with Jake to maximize S1+ E85. Just waiting for the merchandise. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
    Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / DCI

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Cool Not exactly performance related map but throttle related

Well upon reading the latest version of Cobb's manual for ATR, I saw that if you have a 6AT car you can have two different throttle mapping for both D Mode and DS Mode. I wanted a Linear mapping for the DS mode and the standard mapping for D Mode.

I turns out that when I tried to just paste in the values from the LT Aggressive map into the "Requested Torque % (Low)" Table for the ST Aggressive map and change the respective "Pedal Position (%)" Axis values to duplicate the LT map, the "Pedal Position (%)" Axis values for the "Requested Torque % (High)" Table would also change to match. This was obviously unwanted as it dramatically changed the ST feeling in Drive mode and made for a much subdued onset of power.

Well, since the ST map maxes at 69.92 with finer gradations of pedal position % in between it and zero AND the LT map spans the entire 0 to 100% pedal position, it was necessary to modify the "Requested Torque % (High)" table for the ST map to also span the 0 to 100 pedal position axis values. This would sacrifice finer gradation in the range of 0 to the original 69.92 but was the only way I could see that would work.

I don't have access to 3D Graphing software which can provide accurately interpolated values in 3d space so I just used Solidedge ST4 Student Version (free to students) to map out the ST data set and then painstakenly go and determine each value of Requested Torque (Z-Value) for the axis values which correlate to the LT or "Requested Torque % (Low)" Table.

Sorry, for the long-winded story but a little background might be helpful to others. I have been running the map for 2 weeks now and it behaves exactly how one would expect. I have attached some pics of the tables for those who don't have IJE0S roms. Included in the zip archive is the Solidedge file, IJE0S ATR map, table pics, and Excel Spreadsheet with the values as well.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Stg1+ Agg 4.02 IJE0S (ST for D Mode and LT for DS Mode).zip

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Excellent submission
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

IJE0S, 6MT, FBO, 50/50 E85/93 (class 1 tier 1 E85) 12.5:1 @ 1.22 scalar, loose WG, 190 load, low load table values stolen from the 1M, shift @ 6100-6300 RPM

Run one was the OTS Cobb Stg2+ map with WGDC table fixes based on non-oscillating OEM values, a cobb "alpha" fixed map, and my own changes for my car. It's essentially identical to the 4.02 Stg2+ Agg map. Note that 40% E85 was in the tank which did juice my WTQ by about 3-4% compared to straight 93 octane.
    Run two was my latest E85 map. The log tells the story, I have literally zero knock-related timing corrections and haven't felt the need to explore further to be honest! It was about 75-80 degrees out.

Both runs were x1.09 for dynojet n00b settings on e90, just mind the delta:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Enjoy! Click here to enlarge
    Attached Files Attached Files

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Dfv2 - Thanks for the E85 50% mix map.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hey for what rom vehicle is this????

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ogjalosboi Click here to enlarge
    hey for what rom vehicle is this????
    first word of his post IJE0S
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Hey Df, good stuff. Just a note... upping your last cell adder would alloy you to meet req boost. But instead why not log setpoint factor and change the base table directly?

How's the throttle response? If you are targeting 190 load but only reach 170, then you can't have a truly linear throttle from 0-100%... not a big deal, but part of the refinement.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dfv2 Click here to enlarge
    IJE0S, 6MT, FBO, 50/50 E85/93 (class 1 tier 1 E85) 12.5:1 @ 1.22 scalar, loose WG, 190 load, low load table values stolen from the 1M, shift @ 6100-6300 RPM

Run one was the OTS Cobb Stg2+ map with WGDC table fixes based on non-oscillating OEM values, a cobb "alpha" fixed map, and my own changes for my car. It's essentially identical to the 4.02 Stg2+ Agg map. Note that 40% E85 was in the tank which did juice my WTQ by about 3-4% compared to straight 93 octane.
    Run two was my latest E85 map. The log tells the story, I have literally zero knock-related timing corrections and haven't felt the need to explore further to be honest! It was about 75-80 degrees out.

Both runs were x1.09 for dynojet n00b settings on e90, just mind the delta:

Enjoy! Click here to enlarge
    Did you try targeting 12 AFR ? Basically does the car performs/feels better on 12.5 than 12?
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I don't have time to log yesterday but i ran with Lamboghini lp560-4 ... just 3 cars space different around 220KM
    Thanks man!!!
    i am using the one I8A0S PRS Pump Meth on my 335i
    it's not bad....no cell lights!!! before i used V4.02 always got the P30FF....but i canged everything!!!
    Cheers.... Please let me know if you have any update with 60/40 meth.... in my country we don't have the E85 map!!!
    I can't open the map you shared with ATR..... that's a little bit sad...
    But lots of thanks!!!Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

running 60% e85 I'm running 13.0 afr's. Car runs great. Back in the 2010 cobalt ss days we would command 13.5 on full e85. that was turbo 2 liter DI. remember its all lambda based. not really running 13.5afr just running the lambda equivalent for your fuel mixture
    7 335i 6mt cobbAP+fbo+e85 12.9@112mph so far
    06 c6 vette- sold 13.0@114.5mph
    06 evo9- sold 11.5@123
    10 genesis-sold slow
    04 srt-4-sold 11.6@126mph

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sharptech Click here to enlarge
    Back in the 2010 cobalt ss days we would command 13.5 on full e85. that was turbo 2 liter DI. remember its all lambda based. not really running 13.5afr just running the lambda equivalent for your fuel mixture
    Why that lean? I thought max lean power for 100% E85 was at about 12.5:1.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sophistkao Click here to enlarge
    I don't have time to log yesterday but i ran with Lamboghini lp560-4 ... just 3 cars space different around 220KM
    Thanks man!!!
    i am using the one I8A0S PRS Pump Meth on my 335i
    it's not bad....no cell lights!!! before i used V4.02 always got the P30FF....but i canged everything!!!
    Cheers.... Please let me know if you have any update with 60/40 meth.... in my country we don't have the E85 map!!!
    I can't open the map you shared with ATR..... that's a little bit sad...
    But lots of thanks!!!Click here to enlarge
    Glad the map is working so well! Get some logs and post them up.
    Whats your mods?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

But i am stilling dealing with my WGDC after PID is way too high than Basevalue ><
    I will change my custom twin turbo soon.... AWD turbos totally not enough for me !!!
    @lulz_m3 You pro turned this map yourself?? ...that works just good in my I8A0S 335i ...but i need to change my ignition but i can't trough ATR ...don't know why

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sophistkao Click here to enlarge
    But i am stilling dealing with my WGDC after PID is way too high than Basevalue ><
    I will change my custom twin turbo soon.... AWD turbos totally not enough for me !!!
    @lulz_m3 You pro turned this map yourself?? ...that works just good in my I8A0S 335i ...but i need to change my ignition but i can't trough ATR ...don't know why
    Performance Race Solutions created the map but it's not saved in a race format so you cannot open it in ATR. You could try the e85 map if you have some race gas.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Guys, is there a way to export every table in ATR for a specific map to an excel spreadsheet? Is there any value to this? I could think of a couple cases where this *may* be useful

1) General learning, Map to Map differences
    2) Checking of a public shared map to understand the modifications prior to upload

I'm new to ATR so maybe the tables that are modified are few in number and therefore no need for entire export.

I tried to find software to read the ptm file but no luck (mappoint did not work).

I think I have a way to export all the tables to excel using a keyboard utility.

Let me know if this would be useful, and I will continue.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

When I open ATR select all the cells in a table and then paste them into a hex editor or the Open Office version of Excel it looks promising. It appears the data in the clipboard is ASCII with a tab separating each number. If I then copy from the spreadsheet and attempt to paste back into ATR that appears to also work. So it does look like we could use spreadsheets or binary files to archive and display individual tables independent of which ECU version people are using.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

That's the idea.... I'm using a keyboard utility called keytext that you write a script to activate windows emulate mouse clicks, mimic key strokes etc,etc. I was wondering if the row and column headers in the ATR tables are fixed? It would save some time not having to export them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ///Mangler Click here to enlarge
    Why linking instead of posting?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12