Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Cool OFFICIAL Cobb Map sharing thread

Well i think its about time we get the ball rolling on some community map sharing. I'd hope it goes without saying, but just in case, here it is.

IF YOU INSTALL ANY OF THESE MAPS, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK. SERIOUS DAMAGE CAN OCCUR BY RUNNING CUSTOM MAPS. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A STRONG UNDERSTANDING OF HOW TO MONITOR HOW THESE MAPS RUN ON YOUR CAR, DO NOT INSTALL IT. MYSELF, NOR ANYONE POSTING THESE MAPS, TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT OCCURS.

Now that i've gotten that out of the way, lets see what you got Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    ROM TYPE I8AOS

Heres my contribution;

Two maps created for me on a "Protune." The map name starts with PRS. The tuner stated that he left the maps unlocked, so im interested to see if others can flash this map. I already tried to open it in ATR, but it gives an error. The map entitled PRS Pump Meth is for 93 octane plus 60/40 Meth injection @ about 950cc's total. The map entitled PRS E85 Map lean is for the same Meth as above, but with 50:50 93/E85. USE CAUTION WITH THESE MAPS, they run some VERY Aggresive timing.

The map entitled S2+FMIC AGG E85 Blend V402 is a map i was working on before getting protuned. This map is for FBO and a 25-30% Ethanol /93 blend. This map is relatively tame compared to what others can get away with.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

S1 Sport ATR MAP

I have a custom ATR Map, another member on here did it for me. was about a 10 rwhp bump. I was more or less a case study. Click here to enlarge We stopped because I have an ETS 5" and ER CP on the way.

Timing was bumped a couple degrees to correspond to my load.

Boost was left alone.

The correction value tables were dialed back a little in the Timing Corrections IAT. (Was getting high IAT's due to stock IC and 95+ deg OA.)

Fuel Scalers were adjust a bit also, look pretty good on my logs but could possibly use a bit more tweaking

I didn't record boost mean abs on the ATR pull, thus why you see the difference in the boost graph.

if someone on here would like the MAP, PM me. You must install ATR open MAP and save and must have I8AOS ECU.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
    Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / DCI

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 Click here to enlarge
    The correction value tables were dialed back a little in the Timing Corrections IAT. (Was getting high IAT's due to stock IC and 95+ deg OA.)
    That sir is a really bad idea. I wouldn't ever touch those tables.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Hey @dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks, can you open my ATP maps in your ATP program?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Interesting... That's why they call us noobs. I ran the MAP for a few days to run the Logs. Could this cause any damage?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Hey lulz, I was thinking about trying your PRS pump meth map. I am currently using 80/20 meth, do you think it would be an issue trying your map with that meth mix?
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    ROM TYPE I8AOS

Heres my contribution;

Two maps created for me on a "Protune." The map name starts with PRS. The tuner stated that he left the maps unlocked, so im interested to see if others can flash this map. I already tried to open it in ATR, but it gives an error. The map entitled PRS Pump Meth is for 93 octane plus 60/40 Meth injection @ about 950cc's total. The map entitled PRS E85 Map lean is for the same Meth as above, but with 50:50 93/E85. USE CAUTION WITH THESE MAPS, they run some VERY Aggresive timing.

The map entitled S2+FMIC AGG E85 Blend V402 is a map i was working on before getting protuned. This map is for FBO and a 25-30% Ethanol /93 blend. This map is relatively tame compared to what others can get away with.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

@woptang22, I don't foresee any problems, of anything the extra meth should be better. Just keep One eye on the Cobb and have the cylinder of your liking timing corrections displayed. You may want to get your boost leak resolved first though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    That sir is a really bad idea. I wouldn't ever touch those tables.
    Dzenno, could you elaborate a little more? As long as keeping the timing values conservative and dialing correction factor factor just a little at a time I don't see a big problem with it. If not, e85 or not, there's not going to be much of any power found on a car in a hot climate not running meth.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yeah I need to handle the boost leak issue. Just looking for a local place with a smoke tester.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    @woptang22 , I don't foresee any problems, of anything the extra meth should be better. Just keep One eye on the Cobb and have the cylinder of your liking timing corrections displayed. You may want to get your boost leak resolved first though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Cool, I get free Protune maps from PRS without having to pay close to a grand!
    Daily: 2007 Montego Blue E92 335i - Stock
    Weekend: 2008 Graffiti CBR 600RR - Two Brothers | CBR Heaven | Shogun | Motovation | Power Commander | Honda Racing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I wonder if this thread will rub vendor's the wrong way.. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Dam lucky ou, I wish I could get the benefit of a protune map without paying the amount I did.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by EDM92 Click here to enlarge
    Cool, I get free Protune maps from PRS without having to pay close to a grand!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by woptang22 Click here to enlarge
    Dam lucky ou, I wish I could get the benefit of a protune map without paying the amount I did.
    It has its benefits. Who is to say it will run well on my car? Could be too aggressive.
    Daily: 2007 Montego Blue E92 335i - Stock
    Weekend: 2008 Graffiti CBR 600RR - Two Brothers | CBR Heaven | Shogun | Motovation | Power Commander | Honda Racing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    Dzenno, could you elaborate a little more? As long as keeping the timing values conservative and dialing correction factor factor just a little at a time I don't see a big problem with it. If not, e85 or not, there's not going to be much of any power found on a car in a hot climate not running meth.
    My opinion is that those temp correction tables are there for a good reason and the values in them are even more important. Changing them to get more boost or timing when temps are getting hot instead of addressing the problem at hand (i.e. introducing better IAT/oil/coolant control) is asking for trouble. The right way of doing these things is to provide better cooling modifications while keeping within "known" set limits. I just want to strongly advise everyone not to go changing limits tables unless they really know what they're doing. Its just an unnecessary evil that won't get you considerably more power and can mostly get you problems.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yeah I need to handle the boost leak issue. Just looking for a local place with a smoke tester.
    Where are you located? I'm sure people here will recommend shops if your in their area.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 Click here to enlarge
    I wonder if this thread will rub vendor's the wrong way.. Click here to enlarge
    There will always be free things in life, some are better than others. If you can take advantage of them definitely go for it, why not, I would/do too. Just be careful that's all. Datalog, learn, know what you're changing if changing it and do it little by little and don't jump to quick conclusions.

I've always said our tuning services are there for those that just don't care about the intricacies of tuning in general. We, tuner geeks, are maybe 0.01% of the people that own these cars and visit these boards. The rest, vast majority, just want to go fast. They want to take full advantage of their modifications/octane/conditions/elevation etc. without having to climb the learning curve and waste time learning a skill they don't care to have in life. They entrust us with creating something custom whether its peak power, throttle response, midrange torque, recalibration for larger turbos, running alternate fuels, combination of those, whatever it might be...

Everyone that contributes in any way to these boards is an enthusiast just like us/me. If good content is brought on here I'm sure more will follow and it'd be foolish to think otherwise. You guys, enthusiasts in general, are what drives PROGRESS on a platform. If you guys don't ask for things to happen, it'll basically just sit there at the same place it is now, for months, years, to come. So of course I don't mind this thread. In fact I'm really glad this is happening and strongly encourage it. Definitely share away the maps, datalogs, findings, etc. I will say this though: I don't think sharing a "map" out does the job right as it really just won't work well. What WILL work much better is sharing knowhow and pushing new things to happen here. Basically what it comes down to is "give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime."

I've personally done and continue to do the same as much as I can still. On my end for instance I can't wait for my cylinder head and inlet tubes to be done to push limits further with RBs and possibly E85. I'm not holding any information back, good/bad/works/doesn't work, never mattered much and I always felt it was the right thing to do to share out this info so others can also enjoy the same things or not follow the same road I travelled and gained nothing.

That's the only way to move the platform forward. At least for us (PTF) we're here to both participate as much as we can in the community to work hand in hand with you guys but also to offer assistance to those unwilling to sacrifice time out of their day in learning this what they probably think is nonsense when all they want is more power, go fast, have fun and break as little as possible in the process (I get that one almost every day by the way) Click here to enlarge

Cheers
    Last edited by dzenno@PTF; 08-15-2012 at 06:54 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

My tuner locked my protuned map. I would assume all vendors that protune will. I'm one of the people that would use dz.'s services, I plan to for my next protune map.

Sharing maps is cool, can't do that with other tunesClick here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Im in Bristol Pa about 15 minutes North of Philly. I know VAC Motorsports has a smoke tester but by the time Im done work its impossble to get to them before they close. And Id rather not drop the car off just for a smoke test. Im sure thats something I can wait for. But I may have to figure something out as this leak is not going to fix itself.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    Where are you located? I'm sure people here will recommend shops if your in their area.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

They may have saturday hours....I would call them and work something out, they know their stuff. ACM has Saturday hours but that's pretty far for you.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Im in Bristol Pa about 15 minutes North of Philly. I know VAC Motorsports has a smoke tester but by the time Im done work its impossble to get to them before they close. And Id rather not drop the car off just for a smoke test. Im sure thats something I can wait for. But I may have to figure something out as this leak is not going to fix itself.
    You really shouldn't be pushing the car with a boost leak as its overspinning the turbos and making them work much harder than they should...unless you're after something bigger sometime soon Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

I think I looked into ACM a while back for some mods and it was far. VAC is great. Probably one of the best shops in my area. Ill have to see if they have saturday hours. Hopefully I get lucky and they do. Just not sure where the leak can be. Charge pipe and BOV are new. FMIC was installed by HELIX and they retightened the connections a while back when I had a boost leak. Hopefully its nothing major.
    They may have saturday hours....I would call them and work something out, they know their stuff. ACM has Saturday hours but that's pretty far for you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Oh wow I had no idea I could be causing more issues. And Id love bigger turbos but thats not even close to my budget. LOL. So hopefully my turbos continue to be ok...
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    You really shouldn't be pushing the car with a boost leak as its overspinning the turbos and making them work much harder than they should...unless you're after something bigger sometime soon Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

It drives me nuts if my car isn't running right, call VAC they'll take care of you
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Same here I had an issue with my meth for over a month and finally got it fixed. I seem to keep having problems arise. But hopefully they can get me in there. I actually just emailed them. If I dont hear back by tomorrow sometime Ill give them a ring.
    It drives me nuts if my car isn't running right, call VAC they'll take care of you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast