Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Curious if anyone has gotten the 2013 550xi with the 445hp engine...

I've been scouting around for a nice winter car and came across a beautiful 2012 550i xdrive with the Alpine White with 20" Black Gloss Premium rims.

This car is absolutely gorgeous in person, but I would love the extra hp and torque. I currently drive a C63 and don't want to use it for winters, but I would love to get something with similar power and I'm not sure I want an X5M.

I'd love to hear from other 550i xdrive owners to get their opinion on 2012 vs 2013.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

We have a few 550i guys but nobody has the new motor.

Not sure if you saw this: http://www.germanboost.com/content.p...50i-and-X6-50i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I saw the rumors a couple weeks back and thought all new builds starting in July would be getting the new iDrive and hp increase. The dealer told me he could get one in 3 weeks, unless I was mistaking that for the X5M. I don't remember which one is built here in the states.

Either way, if the dealer comes back with a really nice incentive and drops the price of the one I am looking at I might even go with a 2012. My only problem is I've never test driven a BMW before and I didn't want to test anything but the 550ix or X5 with the 4.8 twin turbo and they didn't have either on the lot. I'm going to test drive the one in the showroom this week though.

I really don't understand why they don't upgrade the X5/6 though. That would definitely make the SUV more enticing to me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HoozyerdaddyC63 Click here to enlarge
    Either way, if the dealer comes back with a really nice incentive and drops the price of the one I am looking at I might even go with a 2012.
    No reason not to. A tune is going to put it at a higher level anyway and Valvetronic seems just to complicate things from what I have seen offering no real benefit once tuned.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HoozyerdaddyC63 Click here to enlarge
    I really don't understand why they don't upgrade the X5/6 though. That would definitely make the SUV more enticing to me.
    I'm trying to figure this out as well. It does not make sense.