Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Shiv marketing his OL fuel adjustments and his $100 reflash

Shiv, can you explain your post on e90 saying this:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shiv
    If you need a higher fuel ceiling and higher rev limits, we can reflash your DME accordingly for $100. The higher DME boost targets combined with the PROcede OL Fuel adjustments gives it a much higher fuel ceiling than either approach alone. Same tuning approach used in our 700+hp single turbo kits. The RB turbos will run out of steam before your fuel system does.

More info: http://www.procedetuning.com/BMW/n54/tuner/tuner.html
    Provided you are still talking about the N54 there is absolutely nothing you can with that "combo" that will raise the fuel ceiling further than just using the flash alone. Why the unnecessary hype?
    Last edited by dzenno@PTF; 08-14-2012 at 08:53 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

lol rut roh Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

lol

We have seen worse from Lord Voldemort Click here to enlarge
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Kylu II Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    LOL Click here to enlarge I just miss the guy

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    lol

We have seen worse from Lord Voldemort Click here to enlarge
    Hey, that's my punch line! Click here to enlarge LOL. ...but I am glad its catching on. Click here to enlarge
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

I been laughing at this comment since he posted it. Come on, seriously? Can't procede fuel as well as flash? Lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

procede can also flash the dme. let me dig around for that post Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

At this point the PROcede unit itself is just a meth, NLS and 2-step controller box. It's still kind of hard to believe how after all his flash tuning $#@! talking he's now acting like it's the greatest thing in the world. I also can't believe noone seems to be pointing that out... well, i know why that's not happening and it's BS.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

hmmm...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    At this point the PROcede unit itself is just a meth, NLS and 2-step controller box. It's still kind of hard to believe how after all his flash tuning $#@! talking he's now acting like it's the greatest thing in the world. I also can't believe noone seems to be pointing that out... well, i know why that's not happening and it's BS.
    when used for single or upgraded turbo's, yes. for stock turbo's, the procede is better than off-the-shelf cobb maps. for now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

That really depends how you define "better".

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Bottom line, shiv has mouths to feed and a Lamborghini payment to make.

There is nothing wrong with trying to make a buck through marketing. Cobb does it, BMS does it, etc.

The difference is Shiv blatantly lies about his product capabilities to discredit others and pretend it never existed. At the end of the day, how many extra sales has this approach gotten him and how many did it alienate in the process?

Food for thought.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

With Shiv its just always been about his overhyped marketing that has often been littered with misleading information and half truths (not to call them lies).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

This stuff has been going on with him since early 2007 and was the reason we started BMS in the first place. The nice thing about Shiv though is, at least he's consistent. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

^ Did you ever Thank him T? lol
    JB4+usb | BMS OCC | P3 Vent Boost Gauge v2 | BMS DCI | AMS FMIC | AR xi CL DP's | BT Tool | ER CP + Forge DVs | Cyba Quad Exhaust tips | M-Tech Rear & M3 Front Bumpers | Cyba Red Air Scoops | Blacklines | Vinyl Overlays | ACS Roof Spoiler | Matte Black Grilles | LED Side Mirrors | Rear Euro Fogs | Matte Black Window Trim | 30% Tints | Sports & Winter package | Black Leather Int. | Aluminium Trim | & a few other things...Tuned by: Burger Motorsports.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    We're grateful for every day he continues his regime of shady marketing. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

i think shiv over promises. the procede never could and never will be able to flash the dme. when cobb began eating up market share with "flash > piggy" debates, shiv said the procede could flash the dme if he wanted it to. lol. i still maintain that a procede rev. 2.5 or rev 3 is the best "feeling" and performaning off-the-shelf tune for the n54 on stock turbo's. yes, i've tried jb4. yes, i've tried cobb. i had all 3 major tunes until recently, when i sold my 335i.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    having said that, a protuned accessport car has the potential to be the best. it's all in the tune. i haven't had a n54 protuned yet, but i've had accessports on other cars in the past, and i know the value in getting a custom dyno and street tuned map specific to your car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Bottom line, shiv has mouths to feed and a Lamborghini payment to make.

There is nothing wrong with trying to make a buck through marketing. Cobb does it, BMS does it, etc.

The difference is Shiv blatantly lies about his product capabilities to discredit others and pretend it never existed. At the end of the day, how many extra sales has this approach gotten him and how many did it alienate in the process?

Food for thought.
    I think the ones that are alienated have already bought one somewhere along the line.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast