Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

At the very end of this log I got the half engine light and P3OFF boost leak code. Could that be why it tapered to 10 psi at redline? I need to get this boost leak handled.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Dz is certainly much more knowledgable than me, but i think that tune is overly conservative. You're hitting just short of 17psi tapering down to 10 psi near redline. I personally would want 18.5 psi throughout the midrange tapering to 14psi near redline, keeping the same timing curve. Just my .02 cents.

Your essentially running less boost than an OTS stage 2+FMIC AGG map.. Granted, much more timing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

dzenno, at the end of this log I did get the half engine light and P3OFF boost leak code. So Im assuming thats the cause. I need to get it checked out. Im tired of seeing that code. It seems to only happen in 3rd gear.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    @woptang22 , I just looked at your CSV again. Your boost is under target on the top end and starts to taper too soon. By 6k rpm you're about 2.5-3psi under target boost. It might be a boost leak actually. Take a look at your req. boost absolute (requested) vs. boost mean abs (actual). Fixing that will definitely get you more power out of the same tune.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes, you've got a boost leak my friend

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Do I have a csv of which log? @dzenno
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Raising boost to 5500 by another 2-3 psi should get more peak power you're right. I just realized his boost hits about 12-13psi at 5k tapering to about 12 at peak hp thats around 5600-5700rpm on stock turbos. Do you have a csv of this @woptang22 ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes your right I need to get the boost leak fixed. Just have to find a shop with a smoke tester I can get to at some point. Its getting a bit annoying always getting the P3OFF.
    @woptang22 , I just looked at your CSV again. Your boost is under target on the top end and starts to taper too soon. By 6k rpm you're about 2.5-3psi under target boost. It might be a boost leak actually. Take a look at your req. boost absolute (requested) vs. boost mean abs (actual). Fixing that will definitely get you more power out of the same tune.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Is what your seeing with the WGDC a serious issue? I dont really know what those numbers mean in my logs...

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Actually, looking at the boost and WGDC/WGDC after PID, you are getting boost oscillations. I would ask Akuma to create a new map based of the S2+FMIC AGG V402 mapping, you'll thank me later.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by woptang22 Click here to enlarge
    Yes your right I need to get the boost leak fixed. Just have to find a shop with a smoke tester I can get to at some point. Its getting a bit annoying always getting the P3OFF.
    have u gone over everything yourself? fmic clamps, chargepipe connections ect?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

I havent. I had a boost leak for a while now. When I first had my HELIX FMIC installed I got boost leak. Helix then tightened some things and I didnt get it back for a while. THen all of the sudden it was back. The CP is new with a Tial BOV I was hoping that fixed the issues but hasnt. But I guess I should probably just see if I can tighten some things up. But it seems that was done and still had a boost leak.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    have u gone over everything yourself? fmic clamps, chargepipe connections ect?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

it took me weeks to find the hot side fmic clamp came off. actually, i attribute that to 50% why i didnt run 10's that track day

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Sorry for the stupid question. But can I check the FMIC connections with the hood opened or do I need the car on a lift? Im not mechanically inclined and dont work on cars. But tightening a few clamps shouldnt be difficult. But I dont have access to a lift. What else could it be besides the main spots you mentioned?
    it took me weeks to find the hot side fmic clamp came off. actually, i attribute that to 50% why i didnt run 10's that track day

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

How did u know you had a boost leak?
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

When I was running the stage 2+FMIC aggressive map it hit 324HP and 373 FT/LB torque. After the meth and their tune I was at 365HP and 411FT/LB torque on their mustang dyno. It seems most people get higher #s but Im guessing all dynos are different. Any power to still be made?
    That's not a bad gain at all with meth + tune...
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

It seems as if the delta is pretty nice. I guess I just see other peoples numbers and it seems like mine arent close. But I guess dynos are all different. And cars are all different.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    That's not a bad gain at all with meth + tune...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

It might just be your wastegate solenoids...but those are last to do after you've checked for boost leaks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

So is my best bet just getting a smoke test done to get to the bottom of this?

It might just be your wastegate solenoids...but those are last to do after you've checked for boost leaks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

So is my best bet just getting a smoke test done to get to the bottom of this?
    smoke test and check all vacuum lines.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Is what your seeing with the WGDC a serious issue? I dont really know what those numbers mean in my logs...
    Its not a serious issue in terms of damaging anything, but with your boost levels flip-flopping around it causes you to lose some power. This issue was rather widespread and Cobb addressed it with the V402 mapping - which is SOOO much better. You can feel how much smoother it is.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

I never got the chance to use the v402 maps. I was using the v401 maps then got a protune. Im hoping the leak is nothing serious.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    How did u know you had a boost leak?
    pwm was sky high for not apparant reason, but the RBs are capable of reaching target w/o throwing a code. it happend when i first had them installed, original fmic leak that did in stock turbo's, and then on the dyno the day before the atco event.

you can easily check most of the clamps from over top. just do a visual and follow until you see connections. you need to tug, pull, squeeze ect. some connections look ok, but move under pressure

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12