Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Meth Woes, turn into meth WHOA'ssss....

Well I think my issues are finally solved with my meth not spraying at high RPMs. Richard from Aquamist sent me a new controller in which he set up himself. And I went for a ride today. The meth no longer cuts off at higher RPMs. The gauge stayed lite up with 4-5 bars evenly all the way to redline instead of cutting off around 4500-5000. I also had a chance to do one log which in my opinion looks a ton better then any of the others. There were zero timing corrections. I was pretty concerned with corrections before but saw dzennos sticky on timing corrections which made me feel better. But as far as my log the IATs go from over 100 down to 75 at redline. Not once did they raise up in the 3rd gear pull. So not only can I see the meth is working from the flow gauge lighting up but the IATs are definately showing the meth is working. Ill attach the log. Hopefully everything else looks good. I did get another P3OFF boost leak at the end of the run.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

.jpg post .jpg

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Sorry about that. heres the jpg
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    .jpg post .jpg
    Attached Files Attached Files

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

HAHA woops. sorry again. lol
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

How many nozzles you've got? Two 1mm?

Looks really good except you might be spraying a bit too much at this point as your STFTs are peaking in the negative direction, which is not really a bad thing but might be something work looking.

Your timing looks solid. Good job, finally! Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yeah its about time lol. I actually sent you a pic of the nozzles and I believe you said they were both 1mm nozzles. Is there anything that can be done to make it spray less meth or only put in smaller nozzles? But overall, Im just happy its spraying in the high RPMs now. I did have to adjust the threshold a bit because the meth seemed to be almost bogging the engine down and almost causing a misfire. It was spraying when the car wasnt even boosting. And also spraying when I barely touched the gas. As of now it seems to be "ok" but Ill see if that changes. Richard told me to try switching the "IDC" jumper link to the "MPS" jumper link. But hes worried this may have no been tapped into the ECU during install . I guess at that point the meth would spray when a certain boost hits.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    How many nozzles you've got? Two 1mm?

Looks really good except you might be spraying a bit too much at this point as your STFTs are peaking in the negative direction, which is not really a bad thing but might be something work looking.

Your timing looks solid. Good job, finally! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by woptang22 Click here to enlarge
    Yeah its about time lol. I actually sent you a pic of the nozzles and I believe you said they were both 1mm nozzles. Is there anything that can be done to make it spray less meth or only put in smaller nozzles? But overall, Im just happy its spraying in the high RPMs now. I did have to adjust the threshold a bit because the meth seemed to be almost bogging the engine down and almost causing a misfire. It was spraying when the car wasnt even boosting. And also spraying when I barely touched the gas. As of now it seems to be "ok" but Ill see if that changes. Richard told me to try switching the "IDC" jumper link to the "MPS" jumper link. But hes worried this may have no been tapped into the ECU during install . I guess at that point the meth would spray when a certain boost hits.
    Oh ya, I do remember the pics, it was two 1.0mm nozzles.

I wouldn't touch anything at this point to be honest. Happy boosting and have fun Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Sorry about that. heres the jpg
    Laughed so hard here lol.

Post a graph!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

It looks like your meth is coming on REAL early judging by the negative fuel trims throughout the entire run. Are you still running an 80% methanol mix? If you are you can probably back that down to a 50/50 mix. If your wanting more power you could probably have Akuma retune, now that your HFS4 is working properly. I would say you are leaving a decent amount of power on the table after looking at that log.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

LOL @lulz_m3 love your status
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

yeah lots of taper on that log. With meth i get as well very negative trims.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    LOL @lulz_m3 love your status
    Ditto.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Im still running 80% meth. I was thinking of giving them a call to see if they could do something more aggressive for me. Does it seem like the tune is conservative?
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    It looks like your meth is coming on REAL early judging by the negative fuel trims throughout the entire run. Are you still running an 80% methanol mix? If you are you can probably back that down to a 50/50 mix. If your wanting more power you could probably have Akuma retune, now that your HFS4 is working properly. I would say you are leaving a decent amount of power on the table after looking at that log.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Graph

Heres a graph of the log compliments of Richard at Aquamist.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

dzenno, does it look to you as if I can get more aggressive after looking at this log? Im curious to know if theres more safe power to be had? Let me know what you think. Thank you.
    Oh ya, I do remember the pics, it was two 1.0mm nozzles.

I wouldn't touch anything at this point to be honest. Happy boosting and have fun Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

dzenno, does it look to you as if I can get more aggressive after looking at this log? Im curious to know if theres more safe power to be had? Let me know what you think. Thank you.
    Looks like its running well. What did you end up putting down at Akuma on that tune over OTS?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

When I was running the stage 2+FMIC aggressive map it hit 324HP and 373 FT/LB torque. After the meth and their tune I was at 365HP and 411FT/LB torque on their mustang dyno. It seems most people get higher #s but Im guessing all dynos are different. Any power to still be made?
    Looks like its running well. What did you end up putting down at Akuma on that tune over OTS?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Looks like your car would dyno stock in the 220-230 range on that dyno which is definitely low reading when others are dynoing in the 270-285whp stock. If that's true I don't think there is a lpt more to be had unless you introduce E85 and/or possibly a bit more boost/timing in terms of gains
    If you want those "other people" numbers hit up a happy reading Dynojet. You'll instantly get another 50-60whp Click here to enlarge don't worry about dyno peak numbers that's bogus when comparing to other dynos they can't be used as a yard stick like that.

On a Dynojet I'm sure your car would now hit 420-425whp easily.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Dz is certainly much more knowledgable than me, but i think that tune is overly conservative. You're hitting just short of 17psi tapering down to 10 psi near redline. I personally would want 18.5 psi throughout the midrange tapering to 14psi near redline, keeping the same timing curve. Just my .02 cents.

Your essentially running less boost than an OTS stage 2+FMIC AGG map.. Granted, much more timing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Raising boost to 5500 by another 2-3 psi should get more peak power you're right. I just realized his boost hits about 12-13psi at 5k tapering to about 12 at peak hp thats around 5600-5700rpm on stock turbos. Do you have a csv of this @woptang22?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Raising boost to 5500 by another 2-3 psi should get more peak power you're right. I just realized his boost hits about 12-13psi at 5k tapering to about 12 at peak hp thats around 5600-5700rpm on stock turbos. Do you have a csv of this @woptang22 ?
    Its in his first post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Actually, looking at the boost and WGDC/WGDC after PID, you are getting boost oscillations. I would ask Akuma to create a new map based of the S2+FMIC AGG V402 mapping, you'll thank me later.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

@woptang22, I just looked at your CSV again. Your boost is under target on the top end and starts to taper too soon. By 6k rpm you're about 2.5-3psi under target boost. It might be a boost leak actually. Take a look at your req. boost absolute (requested) vs. boost mean abs (actual). Fixing that will definitely get you more power out of the same tune.
    Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast