Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 76 to 87 of 87
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,751
    Rep Points
    31,550.6
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Carbonchooch and wizeguy both had built motors, right?

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    878
    Rep Points
    891.7
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSpiredM3 Click here to enlarge
    He told us that it blew due to a bad injector, then he rebuilt it and the last thing we heard was he was transplanting the motor into an e30. Was the blown motor you guys talking about after the bad injector incident?
    I can make a call and find out. Never heard of the plans after just noticed he parted car down to nothing on M3forum for sale threads, like a blow out.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    878
    Rep Points
    891.7
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    CarbonChooch has a stock head with piston/rod motor.

    IIRC wizeguy had a fully built motor along with some 280+ cams, wilder then CSL. No expense was spared on that car.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,751
    Rep Points
    31,550.6
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    CarbonChooch has a stock head with piston/rod motor.

    IIRC wizeguy had a fully built motor along with some 280+ cams, wilder then CSL. No expense was spared on that car.
    Seems odd to put in that much work and then just let it go.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    251
    Rep Points
    107.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSpiredM3 Click here to enlarge
    Many of the people that attempted a separate fuel system for their nitrous system ran into huge hurdles/problems and abandoned the idea, I believe AA was one of them in fact.

    The power delivery of the turbo has nothing to do with why no one has hit 10's with them. I got 100% full traction at the strip. It's the launch, and that has more to do with the tire and suspension that the power...

    It'll be very interesting if/when you make 650rwhp and try to go for 10's and realize that it's really not as easy as you are making it out to be. Not saying it's not possible, but you are really wrong about why no one has done it yet.

    Also, there's probably only been a handful of guys that have even tried and they haven't tried often. Maybe 2 or 3 times.

    It just doesn't seem to be much of a priority to most folks. Some prefer to maintain the daily driveability of these cars and in order to run <11.50 secs requires some modifications that sacrifice that DD-ability.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    251
    Rep Points
    107.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Awesome thread.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    740
    Rep Points
    453.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stahlgrau Click here to enlarge
    Some prefer to maintain the daily driveability of these cars and in order to run <11.50 secs requires some modifications that sacrifice that DD-ability.
    I've been having second thoughts over the weekend about this issue and reevaluating my overall goals. I'm a pretty impulsive person and I found myself looking at used E92's today.. Spend more money on my E46.. or just finish up the loose ends and enjoy it on nice days with the top down and stick to just car shows.

    I'm really wanting to build a dedicated track car now, the itch to drive hard is nagging me. The question now is.. wait for the M1.. or buy a used E92... or stick with the original plan.. ugh..

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,751
    Rep Points
    31,550.6
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ccsykes Click here to enlarge
    I've been having second thoughts over the weekend about this issue and reevaluating my overall goals. I'm a pretty impulsive person and I found myself looking at used E92's today.. Spend more money on my E46.. or just finish up the loose ends and enjoy it on nice days with the top down and stick to just car shows.

    I'm really wanting to build a dedicated track car now, the itch to drive hard is nagging me. The question now is.. wait for the M1.. or buy a used E92... or stick with the original plan.. ugh..
    It is a lot of fun to think about all the possibilities, I'm the same way.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    32
    Rep Points
    26.7
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ccsykes Click here to enlarge
    I've been having second thoughts over the weekend about this issue and reevaluating my overall goals. I'm a pretty impulsive person and I found myself looking at used E92's today.. Spend more money on my E46.. or just finish up the loose ends and enjoy it on nice days with the top down and stick to just car shows.

    I'm really wanting to build a dedicated track car now, the itch to drive hard is nagging me. The question now is.. wait for the M1.. or buy a used E92... or stick with the original plan.. ugh..
    I did what you did, fully modded E46 and more modding to be what a bolt on/tuned DCT with warranty E92 was. It's a love/hate.

    Everytime I get back in an E46, I get that tingling sensation again. 3 years with that car, and best car I've ever owned. Either choice, is a good choice.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    740
    Rep Points
    453.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It is a lot of fun to think about all the possibilities, I'm the same way.
    Well guys, I hate to disappoint, but for now anyway, it looks like my performance mods on my M3 are about to end. I may still install a T-Trim after the methanol is completed and run around 12psi but that would be the most I'm going to do. I have a few cosmetic mods left to do, but for the most part I am considering my car a "Completed" project.

    I am now going to turn my focus towards acquiring a BMW-CCA Club Racing spec car. I've decided I will look for a turn-key car, or one that needs little work. I'll use my E46 M3 to satisfy my car show, cruise and car meet addiction.. and have a nice spec built car to race and maybe once I learn the ropes, actively compete.


    Again, I hate to disappoint, I'm sure some folks were looking forward to seeing me continue down my previous path, but I will never be able to fully enjoy my E46 in a track environment so pursuing more power seems pointless at this stage.

    I'm in no hurry, but I have started shopping around and have found a few potential cars, one of which was a previous Will Turner car..

  11. #86
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    740
    Rep Points
    453.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by OE Tuning East Click here to enlarge
    I did what you did, fully modded E46 and more modding to be what a bolt on/tuned DCT with warranty E92 was. It's a love/hate.

    Everytime I get back in an E46, I get that tingling sensation again. 3 years with that car, and best car I've ever owned. Either choice, is a good choice.
    As stated above.. did some long hard thinking.. since I've already spent a small fortune on my E46, I'm going to just locate a turn-key track car and save some money.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    251
    Rep Points
    107.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Congratulations on your decision. Sounds like fun. E30 M3 would be a lot of fun.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •