Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 76 to 87 of 87
  1. #76
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    165
    Rep Points
    118.5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tony@VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Exactly, No one wants to say anything about these, as the part numbers for the different turbos is like sand script. It took me having M5 turbos sent to us, after supposed M5 turbos were already sent to us, then more cores were bought, etc etc. I know others are in the process of doing these ugrades. Let them figure out the differences like we did, time spent. As for the website, they are right there. Been up there for a solid 9 months or so. We have these parts in stock, we can ship a set in 2-4 days. Eurocharged actually emailed about a set yesterday.
    I found it, I just looked at the wrong dropdown. Have your IT change "ceramic" to the correct spelling. So $5k gets me a rebuild, clipped wheels, and then after that I've got no choice but to spray meth in order to make up for the fueling that the stock system can't handle as of yet. How many tuners have a tune ready to utilize these upgrades or who do you suggest as a tuner then?

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,931
    Rep Points
    4,044.9
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by m5james Click here to enlarge
    $5k is a lot for a rebuild and clipped wheel. I can upgrade my Harley F150 from the Kenne Bell 2.3l to custom headers, turbo and a tune for that much :-/
    if you think its a rebuild and clipped wheel, I say build yourself a set. If I had 5 cents for everytime we have heard that. Bowing out of this convo, its a lot of talky. Sticky, I'lllet you know when I get another set of M5 turbos.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,322
    Rep Points
    32,736.9
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by m5james Click here to enlarge
    Why do you say that? Both have been very responsive, same price, includes a handheld and lifetime adjustments. The biggest reason why I'm considering ESS over Euro is simply because ESS has a facility in CA, so I was thinking I could go there and get tune revisions via a dyno vs Euro being in TX.
    Well there's this: http://www.bimmerboost.com/content.p...ith-more-power

    And this: http://www.bimmerboost.com/content.p...ESS-guinea-pig

    And then this: http://www.bimmerboost.com/content.p...pgrade-package

    And that watching the BMW aftermarket for over 15 years now ESS is consistently the most disappointing tuner.

    Eurocharged tunes a wider variety of cars and has more experience, simply a fact.

    I don't know of any ESS headquarters in California but in Arizona.

    There are about 5 tuners I would choose ahead of ESS for the S63TU. Maybe more.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    165
    Rep Points
    118.5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tony@VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    if you think its a rebuild and clipped wheel, I say build yourself a set. If I had 5 cents for everytime we have heard that. Bowing out of this convo, its a lot of talky. Sticky, I'lllet you know when I get another set of M5 turbos.
    Obviously that's as likely to happen as Sticky buying a set for paperweights on his desk.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    165
    Rep Points
    118.5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well there's this: http://www.bimmerboost.com/content.p...ith-more-power

    And this: http://www.bimmerboost.com/content.p...ESS-guinea-pig

    And then this: http://www.bimmerboost.com/content.p...pgrade-package

    And that watching the BMW aftermarket for over 15 years now ESS is consistently the most disappointing tuner.

    Eurocharged tunes a wider variety of cars and has more experience, simply a fact.

    I don't know of any ESS headquarters in California but in Arizona.

    There are about 5 tuners I would choose ahead of ESS for the S63TU. Maybe more.
    Noted...I like Euro's logo better anyways :-P

  6. #81
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    165
    Rep Points
    118.5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Bumping this just to show that of someone chooses to attempt to upgrade to M5 headers that in fact the turbos are needed as well. I can't confirm Tony's claims just yet about about it being more trouble than what it's worth, connection points, turbo differencea internally, etc vs just upgrading the stock X5M turbos. Ultimately the pros outweigh the cons for me though...BMW must have upgraded from rubber to stainless lines on their engine update for a reason and the increased header flow had to account for some gains, so I'll still be looking into the swap.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,322
    Rep Points
    32,736.9
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by m5james Click here to enlarge
    Bumping this just to show that of someone chooses to attempt to upgrade to M5 headers that in fact the turbos are needed as well. I can't confirm Tony's claims just yet about about it being more trouble than what it's worth, connection points, turbo differencea internally
    It still seems worth it though...
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  8. #83
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    39
    Rep Points
    11.2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    St1 - chip tuning
    St2 - downpipes + chip tuning
    St3 - manifold M5 + downpipes + chip tuning
    St4 - upgrade turbo + manifold M5 + downpipes + chip tuning
    X5M/X6M Launch control 3000RPM
    Performance ECU Tuning Software

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,322
    Rep Points
    32,736.9
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Hatake Click here to enlarge
    St1 - chip tuning
    St2 - downpipes + chip tuning
    St2 - manifold M5 + downpipes + chip tuning
    St3 - upgrade turbo + manifold M5 + downpipes + chip tuning
    Um.. ok. And?
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  10. #85
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    39
    Rep Points
    11.2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    more faster if change manifold
    X5M/X6M Launch control 3000RPM
    Performance ECU Tuning Software

  11. #86
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    39
    Rep Points
    11.2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    I use stok turbo / not used M5 turbo
    X5M/X6M Launch control 3000RPM
    Performance ECU Tuning Software

  12. #87
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    165
    Rep Points
    118.5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    The flanges look different...are you saying it's not needed? What about what Tony said that the turbos are different between the X5M and M5? Pure said that the X5M and M5 turbos are the same after their stage 1 rebuild, so someone is either misinformed or lying to increase profits.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •