Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Cobb log reading in JB4 interface?

Hey guys,

Had to look at a Cobb log and can't stand using Excel, so I started programming a function that allows Cobb CSV logs to be opened in the JB4 interface for viewing. To function the logs need to be in the standard default format as they come from the Cobb AP. Since the JB4 interface assumes certain data elements are in each specific column.

Anyway, the JB4 interface is geared up for my personal viewing (formatted the way I prefer it), but I suspect a few of you out there may prefer this format as well. Any interest in us making it a public JB4 interface feature?

Cobb log attached as an example with all ported fields in view. Timing advance is cylinder 1 and I'll throw the timing corrections under avg ign somehow likely. PWM is effective duty cycle while FFMAX is base duty cycle. Fuel trims still need to be added. The "WOT only" view (showing only elements over 50% throttle) is also active which makes viewing lots of data in a hurry very easy. Click here to enlarge

And while I was in there I identified a bunch of other JB4 interface improvements I'd like to make. Starting with a cursor to display data elements when clicking on the chart. So I'll work on that as well in the near future.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For the ignition correction what works best with the least amount of work is to take the maximum of all cylinders for each row and use that value under "avg ign". Will use the same technique for fuel trims, only will add 25.00 to the value so they center around 25.0 (mid point) with normal 50 scaling. So +25% would be the top of the chart and +34% would be 9 off the chart.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice work, would be cool if you could log using the cobb while the jb4 is active that way we dont always have to carry a laptop around.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Very nive work. I guess I'll be taking advantage of this opportunity soon.
    E92 335i 2008 Space Grey 6MT | RB turbos | Quaife LSD | M3 Suspension kit | Íhlins Road & Track Coilover | DEFIVfab N54 diff lockdown kit | COBB PTF E50 map | Walbro E85 455 LPH LPFP | NGK 5992 plugs | Wagner FMIC | Wagner 3" DP | Milltek exhaust | Trueform Tech Intake System | Tial BOV | Motiv PI Stage 1 w/AIC | SPEC Stage 3+ clutch | SPEC SSM Flywheel | BMS CDV | 60-130 mph 7.55 s | 100-200 kmh 6.57 s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    T this is awesome. Keep it up!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Don't see any reason why anyone would oppose this. I don't like having to use excel.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Don't see any reason why anyone would oppose this. I don't like having to use excel.
    +1
    2008 E90 335i 6MT | JB4 G5 ISO | BMS Back End Flash | BMS DCI | BMS DP's | COBB Exhaust | VRSF 7" FMIC | BMS OCC

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The more logging/viewing options the better!!!
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Honestly terry, the more I think about it the more I like it. I would happily volunteer to beta test. I know, it doesn't really NEED beta testing but I'm just trying to get my hands on it lol
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Email in some Cobb logs and we'll test em out with it. For it to work they need to be the default format/parameters Cobb gives you. Once I know it's working fine we'll just add it to the public interface for those who want to use it.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Email in some Cobb logs and we'll test em out with it. For it to work they need to be the default format/parameters Cobb gives you. Once I know it's working fine we'll just add it to the public interface for those who want to use it.
    Sure, email address please?

I've got several dozen logs and I'll have to go through and find the ones using the default logging channels
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    interesting concept....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Terry, ever consider having the software assign colors and tags to the various monitors logged on the AP?

Some of them would require custom scaling like IAT requires for JB users but I think it's possible. Problem is no two people will log the same things.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My graphs look nicer Click here to enlarge Great idea though, and you will be making many without Excel very happy! Let me know if you need any help, I've spent way too many hours working with these log files.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Zasquatch Click here to enlarge
    My graphs look nicer Click here to enlarge Great idea though, and you will be making many without Excel very happy! Let me know if you need any help, I've spent way too many hours working with these log files.
    Yes for excel people I think your solution is best. I've just gotten so used to reading logs a certain way with a certain scaling doing the programming was easier then trying to retrain myself. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    Sure, email address please?

I've got several dozen logs and I'll have to go through and find the ones using the default logging channels
    terry@burgertuning.com

Thanks!
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Terry, ever consider having the software assign colors and tags to the various monitors logged on the AP?

Some of them would require custom scaling like IAT requires for JB users but I think it's possible. Problem is no two people will log the same things.
    I could have it read the header file and then use that to interpret the file. But, that's more like a day of programming and I was shooting for the 1hr variety. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I could have it read the header file and then use that to interpret the file. But, that's more like a day of programming and I was shooting for the 1hr variety. Click here to enlarge
    No pain, no gain right? Click here to enlarge