Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Chris3g Click here to enlarge
    I need to get a gauge, is boost readable from obdii or do I need to install a sensor?
    not available from obd2, no"sensor" needed either . you will just need to install the guage and it will have a port for the boost tube, that is drawn from the manifold. I believe its attached to the brake booster

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey LM, you can read it off OBD. Read the MAP sensor raw value & subtract the atmospheric pressure. But reading from the manifold would be better.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    really? very interesting. Thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    pretty cool, i got the android app "torque pro" which apparently has the ability to do this automatically, i'll give it a try next week once my obdii to bluetooth adapter comes in.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    pretty cool, i got the android app "torque pro" which apparently has the ability to do this automatically, i'll give it a try next week once my obdii to bluetooth adapter comes in.
    Can you log with it though, and graph it out?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes it has full logging capability and graphing within the app, it also can upload the logged data to a Web server and there is a viewer application that lets you make graphs from a browser. It looks pretty nice, I can't really do anything with it yet but I should be getting the bluetooth adapter next week.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes it has full logging capability and graphing within the app, it also can upload the logged data to a Web server and there is a viewer application that lets you make graphs from a browser. It looks pretty nice, I can't really do anything with it yet but I should be getting the bluetooth adapter next week.
    not a bad deal then, i saw the bluetooth dongles were like $12 on amazon

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I use zeitronix for all of my gauge needs. They have a great system that can log any sensor you install on the car. Logging with a laptop or their blackbox data logger. I have found their gauges to be far more accurate than other gauges I have tried. Especially their wide band AFR. They also have a nice warning feature with their box that connects to the ZT-2 box. You can set any parameters to trigger the alarm. FP, Boost, AFR, RPM, TPS, etc. It has a siren and an led. I had my alarm set to trigger at >9psi and >12.5:1 AFR.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    not a bad deal then, i saw the bluetooth dongles were like $12 on amazon
    So i got the adapter and just got back from testing it out. It works really well and the Torque app is very cool. The boost meter works just like M&M said, it calculates boost/vacuum automatically by taking the MAP sensor and subtracting the barometric pressure. Unfortunately, there is an issue that makes it pretty much unusable, the boost readout seems to be capped at a maximum of 2.8 PSI Click here to enlarge I know it isn't the car as it hits 2.8 at around 5K RPM's (which is right about what it should be, no?), but it appears unable to display anything higher.

I checked the MAP sensor and likewise, the maximum it will display is 17.4psi (2.8 + 14.6). So, i wonder if it is a limitation of the sensor itself, being that it was likely not designed to ever read much higher than ambient pressure. Anyone have any ideas?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i found some information stating that the MAP sensor on some BMW's is limited to this amount. So disappointing, because it works so well otherwise.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i found some information stating that the MAP sensor on some BMW's is limited to this amount. So disappointing, because it works so well otherwise.
    There have been MAP sensor issues on other BMW's.

So if you go above this amount what can you do?
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234