Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Pea Click here to enlarge
    If you go up to 7,5 PSI you will have app the same power as i have , but without the larger injectors and intercooler , completely relaing on the methinjection to keep the motor safe, i would`t do that without a blowofff valve or a piggy that is pulling timing if the meth is failing.Looking forward to see how your car will perform..
    I didn't mean in my current configuration, I meant in general.Obviously, if I want to keep pushing more boost I would do a full upgrade process

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Congrats LM! Can't wait to see what else you have planned.
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    I am currently seeing 5.5-5.8 psi though. I was under the impression I should see about 4.5 psi. Im ok with that, but now understand why some facts and figures are skewed.
    Yep....

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I won't go above 7.5 psi, at least not right now. I don't know if the dct would handle it. If there was a viable upgrade, I would. That is months away at this point. Im interested in seeing how VAC pushes the envelope, engine wise. If sticky and the dct ever plays out, I would do that then a built motor.

Currently, I have no plans to be a tester on anything major.
    The DCT will handle 10+ psi from that blower. It's how you use the power, launch it, etc.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    when i see someone do it, ill believe it, but after building trans on 2 cars so far, 1 a proven 1k HP solution, and 1 pioneered "700HP" solution, ill take the proven by someone else approach

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No doubt but the point is the current DCT can handle whatever power you will be able to throw at it as long as you don't abuse the trans with launches at high rpm over and over. Just like a manual.

Anyway, when do we get dynos?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    been busy, i work the next 11 days straight, gotta call R/T tuning and see when they and I have a mutual date & time

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You have a baseline though?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yes, baseline, then catless+tune

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You're moving quick with lots of info to share too! Best guys on the forums are in this one, the diversity of cars and info here is just sickening lol.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yes, baseline, then catless+tune
    Good.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Sounds awesome. Congrats! Good info to clarify actual results to specific hardware - so there is no confusion, drama, or anxiety. : )

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by singletrack Click here to enlarge
    Sounds awesome. Congrats! Good info to clarify actual results to specific hardware - so there is no confusion, drama, or anxiety. : )
    EXACTLY!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice! I can't wait to see what kind of data you share with all of us.

I am still confused on all the different pulley diameters and boost figures that these kits are putting down. I saw on ESS Tuning's site though that they now advertise the kit at 5.0psi, not 4.5psi like before...

So is the 102mm and supposed 5.0psi the standard?
    Is your upgraded pulley from ESS?

Thanks man! Keep up the great documentation.
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Im not sure. I think a lot of people had the same questions. all I know is what mine is, and what im seeing. The upgraded pulley is from ESS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Im not sure. I think a lot of people had the same questions. all I know is what mine is, and what im seeing. The upgraded pulley is from ESS
    Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying. I've seen 99, 102, 104...curious if those are variations in how it's measured or if some are upgraded pulleys...haha...hard to keep track of.
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
    Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying. I've seen 99, 102, 104...curious if those are variations in how it's measured or if some are upgraded pulleys...haha...hard to keep track of.
    It's impossible to keep track of all these different pulleys and tunes on the kits.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Congrats on the kit

Keep the go pro's ready Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well that's what I have been saying. Other have been saying it's an exact science. It's not. Pulley of xxx size should may yyy boost in theory. Out in the real world it doesn't. ESS haven't been shipping special pullies & special tunes to anyone. Each car has slight variances in it's belt drive, accessories, tensioner, who knows what else and they end up running different boost.

Congrats BTW.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M&M Click here to enlarge
    Well that's what I have been saying. Other have been saying it's an exact science. It's not. Pulley of xxx size should may yyy boost in theory. Out in the real world it doesn't. ESS haven't been shipping special pullies & special tunes to anyone. Each car has slight variances in it's belt drive, accessories, tensioner, who knows what else and they end up running different boost.

Congrats BTW.
    ehh.... 4.5-5.5+ is a big difference, this in 95+ heat. im sure in cooler weather i would be over 6 psi. thats a big variance

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice! Definitely suprised you went ESS, can't wait till you get some decent seat time and give us full impressions and dynos Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ehh.... 4.5-5.5+ is a big difference, this in 95+ heat. im sure in cooler weather i would be over 6 psi. thats a big variance
    Yeah I had the same boost with the 102mm pulley. Temperature also makes no difference to boost. You would think it would tho, but it doesn't.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would disagree, ive seen boost rise in cold weather on previous s/c'd setups, although this is due mostly to correlating pressure and not actual temps, but im sure you get the idea. if im wrong, im worng, but just my observations. ill kee an eye on Baro when doing certain testing and see how drastic the change is

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    man, i was thinking of keeping the 335i after the wastegate warranty extension but came to a realization...it has no fire...the motor is too civilized. i'd say 60-70% of driving enjoyment is appreciated through the sound and responsiveness of the engine. hell, even if the m3 was slower in a straight line than my 335i, i'd enjoy it far more.

now you have me itching for a used M3 or 2013 GT 5.0(which i just drove for a day and thought the engine note was glorious at WOT). thank you for forcing me to have to crunch some numbers. haha.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maui86 Click here to enlarge
    man, i was thinking of keeping the 335i after the wastegate warranty extension but came to a realization...it has no fire...the motor is too civilized. i'd say 60-70% of driving enjoyment is appreciated through the sound and responsiveness of the engine. hell, even if the m3 was slower in a straight line than my 335i, i'd enjoy it far more.

now you have me itching for a used M3 or 2013 GT 5.0(which i just drove for a day and thought the engine note was glorious at WOT). thank you for forcing me to have to crunch some numbers. haha.

lol, the M3 with just exhaust has to be the most fun car ive owned, only rival was the lightning. That was quickly defeated by boost on the M.

335 was fun for me because it was gorgeous, E92 vs my old E46. had all the cool new stuff. never had turbo's before, ect. BMS/JB4,plus RB turbos, ect was all a great experience because of the oppurtunities that came my way. Every day i could do a little more, or tweak this and that, try x or y..

It was a great car, and much easier on the wallet, in every aspect. but, from a pure enjoyment aspect, the M reigns supreme.. now that boost is invlolved, even low boost I am SOOO eager to see how it stacks up against some powerful N54's.. well, against everyone really Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast