Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    The thing is, our cars are technically not flexfuel. But we do have quite a wide fuel trim range to work with to make adjustments for ethanol content in this given application. Enough range to cover variances in ethanol content. Click here to enlarge
    It appears some people believe fuel trims would be maxed out at 50% content, I'm not one of those people.
    Loe P.
    B8.5 Audi S5 3.0"T" - GIAC stage II ECU / GIAC DSG TCU / AWE-tuning Pulley / AFe filter / 034 TBB / mod airbox / X-pipe
    - 09' E90 M3 7-DCT Interlagos Blue / Novillo Silver - gone Click here to enlarge
    [K&N filter|MS pullies|test pipes|Evolve Stg II tune/Servotronic/GTS-DCT Tune|Euro MDM]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    lol @ the Baghdad Bob photo. I think 4 years ago I saw that same photo with the caption "procede v2 does not have any boost control problems!". Click here to enlarge
    I thought I was the only one who did Bagdad Bob quotes. I have him picture at work where I modified it a bit for the nuts I work with.

Covers Shiv nicely for sure.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by spool twice Click here to enlarge
    It appears some people believe fuel trims would be maxed out at 50% content, I'm not one of those people.
    That's why we Cobb folk can adjust the scalar and have an appropriate chart to reference. Oddly, my trims are hovering around 20-25% even with the correct scalar, so either I'm near the limits of the stock fuel system or the ethanol content is crap.

In case Shiv wants to go on a little trolling rampage with his post of the day, this is with 20.5 psi peak tapering to 17 on RB turbos, 12.0 AFR, 33% ethanol / 93 octane with NO meth. (Yes, we finally got boost dialed in!)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's why we Cobb folk can adjust the scalar and have an appropriate chart to reference. Oddly, my trims are hovering around 20-25% even with the correct scalar, so either I'm near the limits of the stock fuel system or the ethanol content is crap.

In case Shiv wants to go on a little trolling rampage with his post of the day, this is with 20.5 psi peak tapering to 17 on RB turbos, 12.0 AFR, 33% ethanol / 93 octane with NO meth. (Yes, we finally got boost dialed in!)
    He, troll, never! I like his RB/E85 trolling post on the "other forum" where he mentions he's looking for a tester to see what the RB/E85 combo can do, despite the fact that months ago when he was pushing the single turbo project on everyone's face, he said RB's where already maxed out...

You should do testing of your E85 with the tube tester. I'm thankful I have an E85 source from a performance shop who makes sure he only gets E85 and not E70.
    Loe P.
    B8.5 Audi S5 3.0"T" - GIAC stage II ECU / GIAC DSG TCU / AWE-tuning Pulley / AFe filter / 034 TBB / mod airbox / X-pipe
    - 09' E90 M3 7-DCT Interlagos Blue / Novillo Silver - gone Click here to enlarge
    [K&N filter|MS pullies|test pipes|Evolve Stg II tune/Servotronic/GTS-DCT Tune|Euro MDM]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

I would think this has more to do with the increased efficiency of your turbos. I wish Cobb could adjust VE calculations.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456