Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Most likely timing flatlines, not actualy bog.
    I wish I logged....
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by marv85 Click here to enlarge
    I wish I logged....
    There is no reason to suspect that the "bog" is not "bog". Everybody has it on MT cars. The bog is a transmission protection, where the ECU orders the boost target to slowly rise after a shift, instead of immediately climbing up.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cstavaru Click here to enlarge
    There is no reason to suspect that the "bog" is not "bog". Everybody has it on MT cars. The bog is a transmission protection, where the ECU orders the boost target to slowly rise after a shift, instead of immediately climbing up.
    Any factual data to back this up? You can keep that speculation BS on the other forum. I am willing to bet his boost response is terrific post shift, but his timing is flatlined for a few seconds.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Log req boost... No MT protection. Either he's shifting slow and loosing boost, the tuning is a tad aggressive and timing drops, or hitting rev limit. Or combo of these.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Any factual data to back this up? You can keep that speculation BS on the other forum. I am willing to bet his boost response is terrific post shift, but his timing is flatlined for a few seconds.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    Log req boost... No MT protection. Either he's shifting slow and loosing boost, the tuning is a tad aggressive and timing drops, or hitting rev limit. Or combo of these.
    Did anyone of you bother to look at the attached picture from my post where I explained the problem ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Did anyone of you bother to look at the attached picture from my post where I explained the problem ?
    Yep... but its not proof. Can you show that this is reproducable on stock cars, over and over again? Why are you the only person that has experienced this? Why arent any of us seeing lowered load targets post shift?

The issue of timing flatlining post shift is well documented.

In my opinion your log appears to traction control intervening...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

@cstavaru something is off in that log. Do you have the accelerator pedal data in there too? DME is targeting zero boost that's why the throttle closure. It definitely shouldn't do that post shift especially that long unless your shift was very slow and you didn't give it throttle for a while. In that case it wouldn't be what's typically referred to as bog. Just my 2c

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

@dzenno , did you have to use adapters to install your meth injectors on the ER CP?

I've asked around and it seems it worked for some while others needed adapters.
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Had to use a tap to re-thread the bungs that were there as the adapters from aquamist wouldn't fit...they're straight whereas the original bungs are tapered inner diameter...so, yes, use the adapters..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Had to use a tap to re-thread the bungs that were there as the adapters from aquamist wouldn't fit...they're straight whereas the original bungs are tapered inner diameter...so, yes, use the adapters..
    thanks, ill see if I can source them soon

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

The hfs-4 includes the adapters, but like dzenno said their a pain in the ass to thread. I almost stripped one of the adapters trying to get it threaded in all the way on my er chargepipe. So I sent the pipe back to er to have the bungs replaced with the correct aquamist style ones. But now I ended up buying the silcone adapters from howerton to put two meth bungs in the fmic outlet coupler. At least when I get my chargepipe back I'll be able to run up two 4 meth nozzles if I want ....Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

WOTBox arrived today. It's only 6 wires, can't be that difficult..... Click here to enlarge

Hopefully I'll have time this weekend to install.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, DCI, 7" FMIC, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    WOTBox arrived today. It's only 6 wires, can't be that difficult..... Click here to enlarge

in for before/after review

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge

can you share what you paid?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by marv85 Click here to enlarge
    in for before/after review
    Will do. I'm gonna try to get pictures and all that so N2MB racing can add it to their instruction manual for the n54 engine. Currently there is no platform specific instructions for the N54.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, DCI, 7" FMIC, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

can you share what you paid?
    I got it off a guy on ebay. It was open box but never installed and got it for 153.50 on a no reserve auction. They MSRP for $199.99 new from various retailers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Unfortunately not. Its not hard at all. I'll help you with any questions you may have. Its been a while though but I'm pretty sure it won't be a problem. Grab a couple posi-taps so your install is nice and clean. I didn't know about them when i wired in my wotbox.

You'll be intercepting the main coil ignition wire and tapping into the clutch pedal, accelerator pedal and CPS wires. Also, tell the wotbox guys to preload or at least send you the special firmware for the N54 on it. You can mention me in the email to them in case they lost the file somewhere Click here to enlarge
    So did you use the ignition coil #1 for the yellow wOTBox wire or the CPS for the WOTBox yellow wire? If so, where are the CPS wires in the ECU box and which one do I use? I see them on the wiring diagram but not sure where they are in the car. LOL I'm having some issues with the 2step and am second guessing my install of course. still waiting to hear back from Jon at N2MB though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123