Close

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 235
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,462
    Rep Points
    32,150.6
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MisterEm Click here to enlarge
    He is not an internet guy at all and its probably his biggest downfall. If you want his shop number PM me.
    I have other things to take care of on the car at the moment but as soon as I can get a set of spare heads or take mine off I'll be getting this. Really curious to see if the S65 heads can be improved.

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    560
    Rep Points
    1,211.7
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I have other things to take care of on the car at the moment but as soon as I can get a set of spare heads or take mine off I'll be getting this. Really curious to see if the S65 heads can be improved.
    I hope you get your car sorted out soon.

    I would recommend a spare set of heads as you can see from the first picture on post #139 - the local drag guys are fond of his work. With a new head design for him - he takes his time.

    If you dropped some junkyard heads off with ALL of the required parts needed for a refresh - I would count on at least a month or two with a 50% deposit.

    Cheers,
    Mike

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    50
    Rep Points
    245.2
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MisterEm Click here to enlarge
    Based on the low-lift numbers after completing the head, he isn't too fond of messing any further with the ports or valve-seats on a normally aspirated car. A head for a forcefed S54 - ahem @normcaldwell - he has some more work he is willing to do. In my car's case, he was primarily worried about cleaning up the CNC marks without killing the velocity.
    Got my attention.
    Earlier in this thread, you'd noted how Dave will do certain things, or certain things a bit differently for a head used with FI. I'd like to follow up on this in the future.

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,462
    Rep Points
    32,150.6
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by normcaldwell Click here to enlarge
    Earlier in this thread, you'd noted how Dave will do certain things, or certain things a bit differently for a head used with FI. I'd like to follow up on this in the future.
    I'd like to know more about the differences for a forced induction head.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2
    Rep Points
    36.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Nice to see some familiar names on another forum too. I need this headwork in my life! Combined with a CSL airbox and cams, I'd never sell the car.

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    560
    Rep Points
    1,211.7
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No

    Welcome!

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gojcaj Click here to enlarge
    Nice to see some familiar names on another forum too. I need this headwork in my life! Combined with a CSL airbox and cams, I'd never sell the car.
    A lot more guys on *THIS* forum actually have experience modifying vehicles... with their own blood and sweat as opposed to the keyboard commandos that now dominate the others. Another big advantage here is you can actually discuss the merits of other makes and models - oh my - without it turning into a fanboy therapy session.

    If you do find a bare head laying around - damage is ok - PM me and I will give you Dave's shop number and we can get'r done.

    Welcome to the Frat-House! + rep for you

    Mike

  7. #157
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    PEI, Canada
    Posts
    1,123
    Rep Points
    1,665.0
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    17


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MisterEm Click here to enlarge
    A lot more guys on *THIS* forum actually have experience modifying vehicles...
    ...and fixing their mistakes.Click here to enlarge
    Rep Points > Posts since 2010

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    560
    Rep Points
    1,211.7
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PEI330Ci Click here to enlarge
    ...and fixing their mistakes.Click here to enlarge
    Comes with the territory.

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,462
    Rep Points
    32,150.6
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    At least some of you guys have fixable mistakes.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    9
    Rep Points
    71.6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Nice build!

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    16
    Rep Points
    36.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I know what I want my M3 to be when it grows up!

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,173
    Rep Points
    526.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw_knight Click here to enlarge
    I know what I want my M3 to be when it grows up!
    Plus 1, but that turbo bug keeps biting me. Well Maybe Schricks with turbo will make for an even more powerful mix.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    967
    Rep Points
    1,459.5
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    I want some fancy headwork! Looking forward to seeing new updates on the build @stosh1
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    DC/MD/VA
    Posts
    134
    Rep Points
    137.6
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Stan I think it's time you update this thread, it's technically almost winter. Get to work on the new head!

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,462
    Rep Points
    32,150.6
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
    I want some fancy headwork! Looking forward to seeing new updates on the build @stosh1
    @Mike@VAC has stage 3 cylinder heads in stock I think for the S54...

  16. #166
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    143
    Rep Points
    251.8
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
    I want some fancy headwork! Looking forward to seeing new updates on the build @stosh1
    YES, you need to do it!

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KhanArt Click here to enlarge
    Stan I think it's time you update this thread, it's technically almost winter. Get to work on the new head!
    Here you go:

    UPDATE 12/18/2013: Hey guys, just a quick update: The new cylinder head is here & looking awesome! Can't wait to swap out our 'home' ported head for this beauty sometime over the winter months. Without going into too much detail, I would say that this head would be 'comparable' to something like a VAC Stg III head. Also wanted to give a big shout out to Frank Smith (TTFS) for making this happen...can't wait to try it out buddy!Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

  17. #167
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    967
    Rep Points
    1,459.5
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    that exhaust port looks delicious Click here to enlarge
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

  18. #168
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    DC/MD/VA
    Posts
    134
    Rep Points
    137.6
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Dat engine porn Click here to enlarge Can't wait to see this in person Stan and what you and TTFS have planned.

  19. #169
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    143
    Rep Points
    251.8
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
    that exhaust port looks delicious Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KhanArt Click here to enlarge
    Dat engine porn Click here to enlarge Can't wait to see this in person Stan and what you and TTFS have planned.
    Thanx guyz, should be a fun Spring!Click here to enlarge

  20. #170
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Louisville ky
    Posts
    716
    Rep Points
    551.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    I just skimmed through the thread so far and all I can say is wow. I can't wait to sit down and read over it in detail.

    Ps I'm also super jealous / mad at your carbon fiber intake/ engine cover/ strutt bar combo. Ive never seen it before on a e46 m3 and I thought I would be the first...
    E46 323i-rip
    e46325ci- sold
    e85 z4-sold
    e46-m3-ripClick here to enlarge
    fj cruiser- sold
    e90 325i-sold
    e30 325i vert-current
    http://theworstdrug.com/25

  21. #171
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    143
    Rep Points
    251.8
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by G0TB00ST? Click here to enlarge
    I just skimmed through the thread so far and all I can say is wow. I can't wait to sit down and read over it in detail.

    Ps I'm also super jealous / mad at your carbon fiber intake/ engine cover/ strutt bar combo. Ive never seen it before on a e46 m3 and I thought I would be the first...
    Hey man, thanx for the props, hope you enjoy the read. Are you building something similar?

  22. #172
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Louisville ky
    Posts
    716
    Rep Points
    551.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by stosh1 Click here to enlarge
    Hey man, thanx for the props, hope you enjoy the read. Are you building something similar?
    No heads or cams in the near future but csl airbox in the next few years after I finish some other things. In all honesty though your car seems to be very similar to my end goal for my m3. What strut brace do you have. I was going to try and fit the bmw performance cf brace but I would much rather have one made for our cars.
    E46 323i-rip
    e46325ci- sold
    e85 z4-sold
    e46-m3-ripClick here to enlarge
    fj cruiser- sold
    e90 325i-sold
    e30 325i vert-current
    http://theworstdrug.com/25

  23. #173
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    143
    Rep Points
    251.8
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by G0TB00ST? Click here to enlarge
    No heads or cams in the near future but csl airbox in the next few years after I finish some other things. In all honesty though your car seems to be very similar to my end goal for my m3. What strut brace do you have. I was going to try and fit the bmw performance cf brace but I would much rather have one made for our cars.
    Sorry guys, been busy for a while and some family health issues to deal with, but getting back to normal now.

    The strut brace came from a buddy up in Canada, not sure where he sourced it from-sorry!

    I'll be updating this thread shortly if all goes well...

  24. #174
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    142
    Rep Points
    200.4
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Very nice built and I understand very well how much you like the car with these mods!

    Now slap on that pretty cylinder headClick here to enlarge

  25. #175
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    143
    Rep Points
    251.8
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by S62R Click here to enlarge
    Very nice built and I understand very well how much you like the car with these mods!

    Now slap on that pretty cylinder headClick here to enlarge
    Thank you sir!

    All in good time, but hopefully very soon. We're actually doing some more tuning on the current combo. before swapping over to the new head...not that there was any lack of power down low before, but we're concentrating on trying to build even more torque at an even lower rpm because this is primarily a street driven car. Had this been for a track application, we would have taken a different tack. Once this round of tuning is completed, and indy dyno's are conducted, we'll proceed w/the swap...should help to push the platform to the next level. Very, very excited!Click here to enlarge

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •