Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Vbox GTech Fanatic SS Test results

Got to get a solid baseline with my car today. Car is an AT, FBO running jb4 map 5 with 45% e85 no meth, ar dp's, bms dci, ets 7" fmic. Temps were 60f, no wind. Met up with Hotod182 out at his test track and he was nice enough to bring his Vbox and Gtech with him. All launches were done in 2nd gear, no brake boosting, and my Yokohama Avid-envigors are pretty bald so 60' times sucked. We did a couple runs with both of us in the car which resulted in the high 116mph low 117mph traps. After removing all the extra crap I had in my trunk and doing a couple runs by myself traps went up to high 118's. Car had a 1/4 tank of gas. Will repeat testing once I have my RB's and meth kit installed. Also got a few 60-130 logs, times were around 10.4-10.8 not sure what the slope was though. Didn't get a chance to take many logs but I did remember to get at least 1. All in all a fun morning!
    Attached Images Attached Images          
    Last edited by bmw335iguy; 08-05-2012 at 09:11 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't get it, which one is more accurate?However that is a fast car lol!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thats about the same results i had when i first got the gtech ss and vbox. i did mine at atco and both were very very close to eachother. i think the gtech read .1 fast ET, .1 slow mph, vbox was .1/.1 fast compared to the slip. (for that day)

the gtech was always very good to me, i only got the vbox for "verification" purposes and 60-130's

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Those are pretty close. Both can be used for your own testing for sure. At the end of the day what matters is a good solid baseline that you work up from and see the gains/changes/improvements. Then hit the strip and grab those slips Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Where has hotrod been?? He need to do some e85 testing!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    Those are pretty close. Both can be used for your own testing for sure. At the end of the day what matters is a good solid baseline that you work up from and see the gains/changes/improvements. Then hit the strip and grab those slips Click here to enlarge
    Yeah thats pretty much why I did the testing, have a solid baseline to compare to after my mods. I would love to hit up famoso but its a 3.5 hour drive for me and Hotrods test track is only 1hr 15 minutes. Once I get everything dialed in and there's good weather I will definitely hit up a test and tune night.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mike335i Click here to enlarge
    Where has hotrod been?? He need to do some e85 testing!
    He no longer has his N54. He still has the 335d though just not much you can do with those so thats why he has been quiet lately. He did mention he's considering picking up a x1 with either the n55 or n20.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    I don't get it, which one is more accurate?However that is a fast car lol!
    I had no idea he would be bringing both the vbox and the gtech. I think he is comparing the two and sending the results to the makers of the gtech for them to analyze. Once we both get are new turbos installed we should meet up for some runs! I think with how light your car is that you would edge me out but it would be fun either way.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    I had no idea he would be bringing both the vbox and the gtech. I think he is comparing the two and sending the results to the makers of the gtech for them to analyze. Once we both get are new turbos installed we should meet up for some runs! I think with how light your car is that you would edge me out but it would be fun either way.
    Hell yea man. I totally forgot you're pretty local! I am definitely down to do some runs after we both upgrade. Are you going with RB's? Or did I read somewhere you're doing the single turbo?
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Hell yea man. I totally forgot you're pretty local! I am definitely down to do some runs after we both upgrade. Are you going with RB's? Or did I read somewhere you're doing the single turbo?
    RB's, according to rob I should have them in the next week or so then its just a matter of having them installed and getting Dzenno and Jake to dial in the tune.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Don't you need to input slope to get the most accurate results?
    Some of those are close, while others aren't...
    [02/07 E92 335i 6MT] - Under Construction

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Either way, it seems like Vbox is the gold standard when it comes to comparing results with others...particularly for 60-130 times.
    For personal testing, it doesn't matter like others have said

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You don't input slope into either one, but they record it for you to figure out. I'm pretty sure the gtech does not do that, which is why the vbox is needed to "verify". But for guys just measuring delta's, you can pick up a used gtech for nearly nothing. In fact I think I threw mine in the trash, I should have tries to just pay it forward. If HR is helping test for gtech, that's a great thing, as I found the gtech is more user friendly

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @LostMarine yeah, the GUI of the Vbox seems archaic in comparison to the Gtech. You'd think they would do something about that especially at it's high price point.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    RB's, according to rob I should have them in the next week or so then its just a matter of having them installed and getting Dzenno and Jake to dial in the tune.
    Sweet! Don't worry, my tuning will take a while as well. Trial and error going back and forth between logs and new maps lol.
    Burger Motorsports