Close

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 176 to 188 of 188
  1. #176
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,795
    Rep Points
    31,796.8
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by longboarder Click here to enlarge
    I'm gonna speak to Shiv about this in detail at Shift-S3ctor. I won't do a custom tuned map initially...just going to use the Procede as a meth controller.

    My next step down the road is a smaller pulley and meth tune. 600+ WHP should be easily doable given that I'm already at 570 WHP STD with only 5psi and no meth.
    I really think you should try some other dynojets and also possibly hit a strip. Nobody is doing 570 wheel with 5 psi on this motor. It is also possible your boost is simply not accurate.

  2. #177
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,485
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    i enjoy that you went out there man, i do .. i like seeing s/c Ms in action.

    but I think its important to keep everything in context. A dct is better than an N54s auto. the RB N54s were way to close for comfort for me, and we know that they trap about 125, which is right where a 6.5-7psi car would be.. we know this because only a 600 car was missing from our last track day. and that i can run with a 600 car on a roll. a 535/ (550 now) did 123, a racegas/lightened/meth 625 did 125

    the fact i dont think you have 570 hp is distorted, because the delta is what matters. and the delta is legit, about 210 over stock with exhaust.

    its that i believe EAS dyno is high, about 20-30 high. stock you set a record stock #, s/cd you put out questionable s/c numbers, i mean, your within 10 hp of 650 kits, and 3-4 psi less? come on..

  3. #178
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,795
    Rep Points
    31,796.8
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by longboarder Click here to enlarge
    I'm gonna speak to Shiv about this in detail at Shift-S3ctor. I won't do a custom tuned map initially...just going to use the Procede as a meth controller.

    My next step down the road is a smaller pulley and meth tune. 600+ WHP should be easily doable given that I'm already at 570 WHP STD with only 5psi and no meth.
    I'm interested in seeing what you do with it as a meth controller.

  4. #179
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    184
    Rep Points
    45.1
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I really think you should try some other dynojets and also possibly hit a strip. Nobody is doing 570 wheel with 5 psi on this motor. It is also possible your boost is simply not accurate.
    I agree I think the boost reading is inaccurate. Should have that figured out soon.

  5. #180
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    184
    Rep Points
    45.1
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    i enjoy that you went out there man, i do .. i like seeing s/c Ms in action.

    but I think its important to keep everything in context. A dct is better than an N54s auto. the RB N54s were way to close for comfort for me, and we know that they trap about 125, which is right where a 6.5-7psi car would be.. we know this because only a 600 car was missing from our last track day. and that i can run with a 600 car on a roll. a 535/ (550 now) did 123, a racegas/lightened/meth 625 did 125

    the fact i dont think you have 570 hp is distorted, because the delta is what matters. and the delta is legit, about 210 over stock with exhaust.

    its that i believe EAS dyno is high, about 20-30 high. stock you set a record stock #, s/cd you put out questionable s/c numbers, i mean, your within 10 hp of 650 kits, and 3-4 psi less? come on..
    I don't know why you are now trying to compare you car with mine. Too many variables.

    Regarding my dyno...EAS has dyno'd hundreds of M3's...many of which were stock to get baselines. Even if the dyno is reading high, it still dyno'd higher than any other stock M3 on the EAS dyno.

    Also, EAS has dyno'd dozens of supercharged M3's...and my car is one of the highest EAS has ever dyno'd...even ones with more mods/higher octane.

    My car is running great. And since you are particularly interested in numbers, I will be doing some 60-130's in the next two months. It will never see the drag strip as I have no interest, especially since the closest one is 200 miles away and rarely open.

  6. #181
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,795
    Rep Points
    31,796.8
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by longboarder Click here to enlarge
    I don't know why you are now trying to compare you car with mine. Too many variables.

    Regarding my dyno...EAS has dyno'd hundreds of M3's...many of which were stock to get baselines. Even if the dyno is reading high, it still dyno'd higher than any other stock M3 on the EAS dyno.

    Also, EAS has dyno'd dozens of supercharged M3's...and my car is one of the highest EAS has ever dyno'd...even ones with more mods/higher octane.

    My car is running great. And since you are particularly interested in numbers, I will be doing some 60-130's in the next two months. It will never see the drag strip as I have no interest, especially since the closest one is 200 miles away and rarely open.
    You seem to think your M3 is somehow special or more powerful than others, it isn't. When tuned, they will all end up in similar places.

    There will be minor variations due to break in and such but you are going to be in the same range as everyone else with your same mods.

    The drag strip essentially works like a dyno hence why people ask for slips.

  7. #182
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    979
    Rep Points
    2,200.8
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You seem to think your M3 is somehow special or more powerful than others, it isn't. When tuned, they will all end up in similar places.

    There will be minor variations due to break in and such but you are going to be in the same range as everyone else with your same mods.

    The drag strip essentially works like a dyno hence why people ask for slips.
    This^ 5psi isn't going to get you anywhere near 570 whp.

  8. #183
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,485
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by longboarder Click here to enlarge
    I don't know why you are now trying to compare you car with mine. Too many variables.
    how so? dct s65, vortech blower, ess tuning, catless exhaust.. seems as comparable as can be, i mean even the same boost, right?.. so whats different?


    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by longboarder Click here to enlarge
    Regarding my dyno...EAS has dyno'd hundreds of M3's...many of which were stock to get baselines. Even if the dyno is reading high, it still dyno'd higher than any other stock M3 on the EAS dyno.

    Also, EAS has dyno'd dozens of supercharged M3's...and my car is one of the highest EAS has ever dyno'd...even ones with more mods/higher octane.
    delta, delta delta. highest s/c vs highest stock was.. dun dun dun.. about 199 hp
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/attachmen...3&d=1351461737

    so, also, since you metion it, stop using std #'s.. id rather compare uncorrected than std, but, we all do go by SAE.. so "570" isnt a real #.. ALSO, i just read that it was done on 95 octane? where can you buy 95 octane at? seems like its a racegas mix.. because.. dun dun dun.. on pumpgas, looks like it was 530 hp.. know what 530 hp gets you? its about 125mph traps Click here to enlarge and a dct with 530 hp, would be about 2 car lengths in a roll on race vs oh lets say, maybe an RB turbo 335 for arguments sake

    so..

    CONGRATULATIONS!!! YOU HAVE A SPECIAL SUPER EXOTIC STRONG 530HP SUPERCHARGED M3, just like everyone else, and results are as expected with a 600chp rated kit

    Enjoy Click here to enlarge

  9. #184
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    184
    Rep Points
    45.1
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You seem to think your M3 is somehow special or more powerful than others, it isn't.
    Show me where I've said my M3 is "somehow special or more powerful than others".

    I've just posted the data I've been given.

  10. #185
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    184
    Rep Points
    45.1
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    how so? dct s65, vortech blower, ess tuning, catless exhaust.. seems as comparable as can be, i mean even the same boost, right?.. so whats different?




    delta, delta delta. highest s/c vs highest stock was.. dun dun dun.. about 199 hp
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/attachmen...3&d=1351461737

    so, also, since you metion it, stop using std #'s.. id rather compare uncorrected than std, but, we all do go by SAE.. so "570" isnt a real #.. ALSO, i just read that it was done on 95 octane? where can you buy 95 octane at? seems like its a racegas mix.. because.. dun dun dun.. on pumpgas, looks like it was 530 hp.. know what 530 hp gets you? its about 125mph traps Click here to enlarge and a dct with 530 hp, would be about 2 car lengths in a roll on race vs oh lets say, maybe an RB turbo 335 for arguments sake

    so..

    CONGRATULATIONS!!! YOU HAVE A SPECIAL SUPER EXOTIC STRONG 530HP SUPERCHARGED M3, just like everyone else, and results are as expected with a 600chp rated kit

    Enjoy Click here to enlarge
    If I was empathetic I'd feel sorry for you.

  11. #186
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,485
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by longboarder Click here to enlarge
    Show me where I've said my M3 is "somehow special or more powerful than others".

    I've just posted the data I've been given.
    and here:
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by longboarder Click here to enlarge
    Even if EAS dyno is optimistic compared to the others, it's still the highest HP for a stock M3 measured by their dyno.
    here:
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by longboarder Click here to enlarge
    ...

    My next step down the road is a smaller pulley and meth tune. 600+ WHP should be easily doable given that I'm already at 570 WHP STD with only 5psi and no meth.
    oh, and here:
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by longboarder Click here to enlarge
    Regarding my dyno...EAS has dyno'd hundreds of M3's...many of which were stock to get baselines. Even if the dyno is reading high, it still dyno'd higher than any other stock M3 on the EAS dyno.

    Also, EAS has dyno'd dozens of supercharged M3's...and my car is one of the highest EAS has ever dyno'd...even ones with more mods/higher octane.
    but i was wrong, the true delta with no racefuel was about 175 hp
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/attachmen...3&d=1351461737
    from that dyno

    oh, whats this, another 600chp kit on the same dyno!?
    http://bimmerboost.com/showthread.ph...826#post319826

    how funny, on pump gas its 520hp... interesting.. ill have to see what racefuel really adds then..

  12. #187
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,795
    Rep Points
    31,796.8
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by longboarder Click here to enlarge
    Show me where I've said my M3 is "somehow special or more powerful than others".

    I've just posted the data I've been given.
    I was commenting on the implication of your posts.

  13. #188
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    184
    Rep Points
    45.1
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Again LM, I've posted nothing but the facts, and you seem to want to make something of it. Don't know why someone would want to waste so much time doing this.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •