Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

overshooting requested load

When I load this log into virtual dyno I and graph the req load and actual load the actual is overshooting by a longshot but the .csv text says otherwise? What is going on here? I feel some major pulls in power that I think these are them. Have a look and let me know what you think.

On another note, is virtual dyno accurate and is it whp?

T

Attached Files Attached Files

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The Virtual Dyno is a fun toy but no replacement for a real dyno. Depending on the quality of data you feed it, it can be very accurate.

Guys are lazy, they will want a graph not text although posting both is your best bet to get help.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Sticky I think he is only using the VD for its graphing capabilities.

Are you sure it's not some funky Y-axis issue showing you are overshooting your requested load? I'm on my Mac now and don't feel like rebooting to windows to view this in excel Click here to enlarge Plot it your self in excel, it won't take you a second and double check Or just go through the data quickly and compare the numbers visually.
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Must be scaling in VD, the only time you overshot targeted load was when you let off the throttle at the end of the run.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    The virtual dyno is pretty much the same as any dyno: a tuning tool. By using the same metrics for measuring horsepower output you'll be able to see a plotted difference of what effect the changes in the DME have in horsepower. There are many different types of dynos in the world, and one of the most often used is the dynojet. Each dyno will read differently, some higher or lower than others, and ultimately gaining horsepower on one dyno from tuning should also register gains in different increments on the other dyno. Ultimately if you would like to keep your results consistent, always use the same dyno when you make changes to your vehicle even if it is a virtual dyno.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MikeB Click here to enlarge
    The virtual dyno is pretty much the same as any dyno: a tuning tool. By using the same metrics for measuring horsepower output you'll be able to see a plotted difference of what effect the changes in the DME have in horsepower. There are many different types of dynos in the world, and one of the most often used is the dynojet. Each dyno will read differently, some higher or lower than others, and ultimately gaining horsepower on one dyno from tuning should also register gains in different increments on the other dyno. Ultimately if you would like to keep your results consistent, always use the same dyno when you make changes to your vehicle even if it is a virtual dyno.
    That's very true.

What's going on with OP is that VD autoscales every single channel onto its own scale. Which can make it difficult(or worrisome) at first. It's a must to go through and individually analyze each channel using the marker option.

I wish there was an option to use the left Y axis for 0-30 and the right Y axis for 0-200 and X axis as RPMs.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.