Close

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 303
  1. #51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,639
    Rep Points
    2,166.9
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    on a BMW? are you a drag/track junkie?
    No, but I drive around daily without rear seats Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    I want the rear seat delete too. Most locals know I throw out my seats when going all out at the track and I really just put them back in as the car looks and sounds like crap on the inside without them.

    The rear seat/back/side bolsters weigh about 85lbs. Each front seat is ~65lbs, so about ~220lbs all seats out Click here to enlarge
    Is it 85lbs for a coupe too? I measured mine with one of those hand held luggage scales and only got approximately 60lbs. (I couldn't weight the cushions because there was no where to attach it to).

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Because racecar Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

    2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    120
    Rep Points
    148.1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Awesome stuff going on here! All the commonly machines parts should sell well. You could look into bolt pattern adapters for the stance crowd pining over jap wheels with evo/sti/mazda fitment. Diff cover sounds delicious. In the subie realm "Kartboy" does well selling some simple bushings and machined parts (http://www2.kartboy.com/x4/home.php?cat=275). You could machine up some solid subframe bushings like the ones turner sells. Endless possibilities.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    187
    Rep Points
    395.9
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    X-brace: one with a bit more clearance would be great. For those with OEM exhaust wanting to add resonators that is a great spot, but the brace get's in the way. For those with aftermarket catless exhausts, installing high flow cat's becomes difficult because the brace is in the way. With my Vanguard the brace was also in the way and rather than adding washers to add clearance I ended up leaving it off and the difference was noticeable.

    Spacers: I had these done for myself aswell since I wanted a 7mm and an 11mm which werent available so I had them fabbed up and they worked perfectly. I think it would be a great item to make.

    Downpipes: How about some resonated downpipes if it's not too crazy of a job? I had a set made for me, but the resonator used in it sucked pretty bad. Some people don't wanna weld into their OEM exhausts so this could be a cool option.

    Radiators/Intercoolers: These are very easy to make and have produced and I think they would be a great idea. I had an intercooler made which is almost 50% larger than even the big tom, the possibilities are crazy with custom fab jobs.

    It's good to know this stuffs local and most likely of good quality. Good luck with the endeavor!

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    178
    Rep Points
    180.5
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Great idea, my choices is suspension bits since they could all be made of aluminum.


    Rear Toe Arm

    Rear Guide Rods
    Rear Wishbones
    Rear control arm
    Front Strut Tower Brace
    Front Control Arm
    Solid subframe bushings
    Camber plates

    Feel free to add other suspension parts.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    187
    Rep Points
    395.9
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    Forgot to add:
    Underhood Meth Tank = you have my moneyyClick here to enlarge

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Valley Stream NY
    Posts
    3,350
    Rep Points
    2,779.7
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by orange Click here to enlarge
    Great idea, my choices is suspension bits since they could all be made of aluminum.


    Rear Toe Arm

    Rear Guide Rods
    Rear Wishbones
    Rear control arm
    Front Strut Tower Brace
    Front Control Arm
    Solid subframe bushings
    Camber plates

    Feel free to add other suspension parts.

    Ill tell you guys right now, you really cant do better than OEM M arms out the box. Velocity Motor ars makes a dope set of adjustable camber and toe arms for the rear if you want to upgrade.

    Upgrading to rear lower M3 arms opens up the possibilities for shock/spring combos immensely Click here to enlarge.

    Not trying to rain on your parade, but I did work formerly at a place called Camber-Toe, and around these parts I was pretty much the go-to guy for doing some of the best suspension setups around on these carsClick here to enlarge

    Also i have seen the solid rear subframe bushing, had a customer that put them in, they were horrible..people think M bushings are stiff? These were 10x worse, and transmitted every known noise into the car (driveshaft spinning, gear whine from the diff, tire noise)

    Would not recommend at all lol.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    235
    Rep Points
    172.7
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    I have the delrin bushings from turner and the ride isnt horrible at all but thats subjective. The rear upper arms I had to replace to get my alignment to spec because the m3 arms were useless. What I do know for a fact is if you replace your transmission mounts to solid ones your ride will be a nightmare alot of vibration at idle.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,684
    Rep Points
    3,343.8
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    No, but I drive around daily without rear seats Click here to enlarge

    Is it 85lbs for a coupe too? I measured mine with one of those hand held luggage scales and only got approximately 60lbs. (I couldn't weight the cushions because there was no where to attach it to).

    Click here to enlarge
    I've got an E90 with the split folding seats that have a heavy metal back. Once you weigh that part + bolsters + bottom seat cushion its right around 85 lbs. Its heavy.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dfv2 Click here to enlarge
    Awesome stuff going on here! All the commonly machines parts should sell well. You could look into bolt pattern adapters for the stance crowd pining over jap wheels with evo/sti/mazda fitment. Diff cover sounds delicious. In the subie realm "Kartboy" does well selling some simple bushings and machined parts (http://www2.kartboy.com/x4/home.php?cat=275). You could machine up some solid subframe bushings like the ones turner sells. Endless possibilities.
    Thanks @Dfv2. All great ideas and we'll jot them down on the list and try to prioritize and do research on so parts are quality, functional and go against some insane pricing we've been burdened with over the years for wearing the blue/white badge.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dr. G Click here to enlarge
    X-brace: one with a bit more clearance would be great. For those with OEM exhaust wanting to add resonators that is a great spot, but the brace get's in the way. For those with aftermarket catless exhausts, installing high flow cat's becomes difficult because the brace is in the way. With my Vanguard the brace was also in the way and rather than adding washers to add clearance I ended up leaving it off and the difference was noticeable.

    Spacers: I had these done for myself aswell since I wanted a 7mm and an 11mm which werent available so I had them fabbed up and they worked perfectly. I think it would be a great item to make.

    Downpipes: How about some resonated downpipes if it's not too crazy of a job? I had a set made for me, but the resonator used in it sucked pretty bad. Some people don't wanna weld into their OEM exhausts so this could be a cool option.

    Radiators/Intercoolers: These are very easy to make and have produced and I think they would be a great idea. I had an intercooler made which is almost 50% larger than even the big tom, the possibilities are crazy with custom fab jobs.

    It's good to know this stuffs local and most likely of good quality. Good luck with the endeavor!
    Thanks, all great ideas and we'll definitely see what we can come up with.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by orange Click here to enlarge
    Great idea, my choices is suspension bits since they could all be made of aluminum.

    Rear Toe Arm

    Rear Guide Rods
    Rear Wishbones
    Rear control arm
    Front Strut Tower Brace
    Front Control Arm
    Solid subframe bushings
    Camber plates

    Feel free to add other suspension parts.
    One of the items I took a photo of in the OP was a control arm off another car. Suspension bits are definitely a possibility and we'll see what we can do there as well.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dr. G Click here to enlarge
    Forgot to add:
    Underhood Meth Tank = you have my moneyyClick here to enlarge
    Underhood meth tank as well as trunk mount are already on the list for sure.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@AUTOCouture Click here to enlarge
    Ill tell you guys right now, you really cant do better than OEM M arms out the box. Velocity Motor ars makes a dope set of adjustable camber and toe arms for the rear if you want to upgrade.

    Upgrading to rear lower M3 arms opens up the possibilities for shock/spring combos immensely Click here to enlarge.

    Not trying to rain on your parade, but I did work formerly at a place called Camber-Toe, and around these parts I was pretty much the go-to guy for doing some of the best suspension setups around on these carsClick here to enlarge

    Also i have seen the solid rear subframe bushing, had a customer that put them in, they were horrible..people think M bushings are stiff? These were 10x worse, and transmitted every known noise into the car (driveshaft spinning, gear whine from the diff, tire noise)

    Would not recommend at all lol.
    I have the UUC Black rubber tranny mounts and have zero vibrations. I got firmer shifts and eliminated a lot of the transmission twist under high torque (most evident in 1st and 2nd gears) which was causing me to miss shifts quite often. Full solid tranny mounts are definitely NOT recommended on a street car due to vibrations.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TRES Click here to enlarge
    I have the delrin bushings from turner and the ride isnt horrible at all but thats subjective. The rear upper arms I had to replace to get my alignment to spec because the m3 arms were useless. What I do know for a fact is if you replace your transmission mounts to solid ones your ride will be a nightmare alot of vibration at idle.
    True.
    Click here to enlarge

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    158
    Rep Points
    243.4
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dr. G Click here to enlarge
    X-brace: one with a bit more clearance would be great. For those with OEM exhaust wanting to add resonators that is a great spot, but the brace get's in the way. For those with aftermarket catless exhausts, installing high flow cat's becomes difficult because the brace is in the way. With my Vanguard the brace was also in the way and rather than adding washers to add clearance I ended up leaving it off and the difference was noticeable.

    Spacers: I had these done for myself aswell since I wanted a 7mm and an 11mm which werent available so I had them fabbed up and they worked perfectly. I think it would be a great item to make.

    Downpipes: How about some resonated downpipes if it's not too crazy of a job? I had a set made for me, but the resonator used in it sucked pretty bad. Some people don't wanna weld into their OEM exhausts so this could be a cool option.

    Radiators/Intercoolers: These are very easy to make and have produced and I think they would be a great idea. I had an intercooler made which is almost 50% larger than even the big tom, the possibilities are crazy with custom fab jobs.

    It's good to know this stuffs local and most likely of good quality. Good luck with the endeavor!
    Down pipes and inter cooler side banks are hard to make...I know someone who can design and cast some nice aluminum side banks for you...

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Valley Stream NY
    Posts
    3,350
    Rep Points
    2,779.7
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mat Morkin Click here to enlarge
    Down pipes and inter cooler side banks are hard to make...I know someone who can design and cast some nice aluminum side banks for you...
    CP-e has that market on lock down with cast bellmouths...their work is amazing...lol


    its really tough to break into the market these days with parts for this car..its so over-saturated and being 6 years old at this point, its really hard to out-do some of the companies with higher quality parts for less $.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    158
    Rep Points
    243.4
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@AUTOCouture Click here to enlarge
    CP-e has that market on lock down with cast bellmouths...their work is amazing...lol


    its really tough to break into the market these days with parts for this car..its so over-saturated and being 6 years old at this point, its really hard to out-do some of the companies with higher quality
    parts for less $.
    I agree...Draino should come up with something original. I like the rear seat delete idea...

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    486
    Rep Points
    540.2
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mat Morkin Click here to enlarge
    I agree...Draino should come up with something original. I like the rear seat delete idea...
    Draino?

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    1,191
    Rep Points
    917.6
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Sign me up for Anodized Black Shifters -- Ready to toss the OEM dual function sport paddles, but not for ~$200 for OEM DCT Paddles
    These larger paddles only replace the metal DCT "paddles" themselves. So you still need to get a set of OEM DCT paddle shifters. Just a FYI.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

  14. #64
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    187
    Rep Points
    395.9
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    @Mat Morkin
    I had a custom FMIC and DP's made for me, but that shop makes these types of parts for a living so I guess it was pretty easy for them.
    I've had them make a bunch of random crap for a bunch of random cars, always turns out pretty good.

    The rear seat delete would probably be a sweet idea since you're providing a new product without all the drama involved with competing vendors.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,414
    Rep Points
    32,100.6
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Rear seat delete is actually a great idea.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,684
    Rep Points
    3,343.8
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@AUTOCouture Click here to enlarge
    CP-e has that market on lock down with cast bellmouths...their work is amazing...lol

    its really tough to break into the market these days with parts for this car..its so over-saturated and being 6 years old at this point, its really hard to out-do some of the companies with higher quality parts for less $.
    We're not looking to do cast anything at this point. Market is definitely saturated but that doesn't really matter to us. We're not trying to be the be all end all of anything. We just know that:

    1) There are things we can do that can be priced considerably more aggressive than some of the current items out there while preserving or surpassing the quality of materials/workmanship and definitely making the items more reasonably priced.

    2) We want to get some items done that don't currently exist at all

    3) Do simpler things to start that will take us to bigger more complicated things.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    These larger paddles only replace the metal DCT "paddles" themselves. So you still need to get a set of OEM DCT paddle shifters. Just a FYI.
    We're hoping to have a few local cars working with us and we have mine fully apart at the moment which helps.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Rear seat delete is actually a great idea.
    Absolutely, I hate the way the car looks when I have the seats out. Its also stupid loud inside when the seat back isn't there. The entire car sounds like a subwoofer.

    OCC was actually worked on yesterday and a rough prototype is already done. I'll post a couple pics later. We're also looking at the finned diff cover, wheel spacers and larger intake inlet tubes which are the most complicated and will take the most time and money to get going. We'll preserve the OEM path (front/back of the engine) and to start we'll do a rough mockup to measure before/after. If we find reasonable gains in either power or lowered WGDC we'll get on them.
    Click here to enlarge

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    56
    Rep Points
    83.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Front Roll Center Adjustment Kit (for "i" and "xi")

    Front xi Sway Bar (adjustable from 600 lb/in to 700 lb/in wheel rate) -- currently nothing on the market

    Reasonably priced oil cooler mount kit (passenger side wheel well)

    Reasonably priced additional radiator mount kit (driver side wheel well)

    Aluminium sunroof insert panel

    Leak proof WW/Meth tank

    CNC'd transfer case worm gear/cog
    Last edited by Doyle; 08-01-2012 at 09:40 AM.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,948
    Rep Points
    2,880.1
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    29


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by farbmw Click here to enlarge
    Draino?
    haha, spell correct ftl

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,058
    Rep Points
    1,149.6
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Yes Reputation No
    Count me in for a drivers side meth tank.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Valley Stream NY
    Posts
    3,350
    Rep Points
    2,779.7
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    Yes Reputation No
    bwahaha new nickname. Draino lol

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,684
    Rep Points
    3,343.8
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34



    Yes Reputation No
    Ya Morkin has a huge sense of humor LOL almost as good as the other handful of cute names he's got for me lol what else were those Mat?
    Click here to enlarge

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,684
    Rep Points
    3,343.8
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34



    Yes Reputation No
    OCC prototype, pic snapped yesterday, this will have a drain at the bottom and an internal baffle very similar the way BMS handled it. CNC-ed out of aluminum, bottom unscrews and has a rounded bottom to maximize the internal volume. Inlets/outlets are beaded and match up 100% to the outlet at the valve cover and inlet to the rear intake tube. It will have brackets for 135i, 335i/xi, 535i/xi and 1M. It will be offered in this finish as well as anodized black. Custom color anodizing might also be possible but we need to look into it a bit more, might not make sense given pricing of special colours (maybe custom order).

    Placement is for the coolest location possible, back of the engine bay, driver's side as discussed in my PCV saga thread. Still need to figure out where to source custom hoses for it but we could also offer it without them and you guys get to use your own.

    Early thoughts? More pics from today once I get them with the drain in place. We're also thinking of some way of seeing the oil level, sightglass or maybe an internal mechanism with a latch that lifts up as oil fills it or something so you could tell from the outside that its full. The drain will have a hose attached to it coming down the back of the engine bay, having a clip there for easy drain during oil changes instead of taking the cowl/microfilter stuff off to get to it.

    Inlet and outlet are made to be interchangeable so you can reuse the can on any other car you own and we can offer it up on the N55/N20 or any other model with matched up inner diameter tubing so the PCV is never restricted.


    Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by dzenno@PTF; 08-01-2012 at 07:11 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    486
    Rep Points
    540.2
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    OCC prototype, pic snapped yesterday, this will have a drain at the bottom and an internal baffle very similar the way BMS handled it. CNC-ed out of aluminum, bottom unscrews and has a rounded bottom to maximize the internal volume. Inlets/outlets are beaded and match up 100% to the outlet at the valve cover and inlet to the rear intake tube. It will have brackets for 135i, 335i/xi, 535i/xi and 1M. It will be offered in this finish as well as anodized black. Custom color anodizing might also be possible but we need to look into it a bit more, might not make sense given pricing of special colours (maybe custom order).

    Placement is for the coolest location possible, back of the engine bay, driver's side as discussed in my PCV saga thread. Still need to figure out where to source custom hoses for it but we could also offer it without them and you guys get to use your own.

    Early thoughts?

    http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/z...730_185907.jpg
    Nice but make it black, and is it going to have a drain?

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,684
    Rep Points
    3,343.8
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by farbmw Click here to enlarge
    Nice but make it black, and is it going to have a drain?
    yep and yep, updated previous post...
    Click here to enlarge

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    486
    Rep Points
    540.2
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    yep and yep, updated previous post...
    Sweet, there is always someone trying to drain my wallet!Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •