Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 46 of 46
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3
    Rep Points
    18.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I really feel like custom head work and aftermarket cams are a bit unnecessary. I feel pretty confident that if you slap pistons and rods in a s50b32, have the block and head resurfaced to a very fine finish and use a good multi layer metal headgasket with good studs you should be able to make 1000hp, you might not do it on low boost levels and you might have to spend a boat load to get arp l19s over their but with a good turbo setup i dont see why you would need all that extra fancy stuff, valve springs are gonna need to be upgraded because of the high amount of pressure on the back of the valve from running tons of boost but if your not trying to rev the thing to 9k rpms i dont think you need anything custom. Your largest hurdle is not going to be making the power its going to be getting the power to the ground, drivetrain parts dont like 1000hp, not any of them. You will have to replace literally every single piece of the drive train to put 1000hp to the ground without breaking parts.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    657
    Rep Points
    260.8
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by turboeta Click here to enlarge
    I really feel like custom head work and aftermarket cams are a bit unnecessary. I feel pretty confident that if you slap pistons and rods in a s50b32, have the block and head resurfaced to a very fine finish and use a good multi layer metal headgasket with good studs you should be able to make 1000hp, you might not do it on low boost levels and you might have to spend a boat load to get arp l19s over their but with a good turbo setup i dont see why you would need all that extra fancy stuff, valve springs are gonna need to be upgraded because of the high amount of pressure on the back of the valve from running tons of boost but if your not trying to rev the thing to 9k rpms i dont think you need anything custom. Your largest hurdle is not going to be making the power its going to be getting the power to the ground, drivetrain parts dont like 1000hp, not any of them. You will have to replace literally every single piece of the drive train to put 1000hp to the ground without breaking parts.
    cams make a HUGEEE difference in spool and peak power as long as you get the proper spec cams.

    regarding drivetrain, I ve been driving my E36 M3 Euro with FI for the last 55.000 km and the drivetrain holds fine.
    E36 M3 Euro TT 60-130 mph 4.49 s
    E46 M3 3.6L TT 60-130 mph 4.22 s
    All Wheel drive M3 Twin Turbo
    997 TT



  3. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    12
    Rep Points
    10.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Hello, what sort of engine management are you using?

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    12
    Rep Points
    10.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    I am trying to help my friend setup his engine with an aftermarket ECU like Haltech. I was told that the OEM igniter for this particular engine is in the ECU, so a Haltech would require an additional external igniter source, I am wondering what everyone is doing for this and if the info I was given is accurate?

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    657
    Rep Points
    260.8
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    I run on Pectel SQ6 on both of my E36 M3 Euro Twin Turbo and E46 M3 Euro Twin Turbo.
    E36 M3 Euro TT 60-130 mph 4.49 s
    E46 M3 3.6L TT 60-130 mph 4.22 s
    All Wheel drive M3 Twin Turbo
    997 TT



  6. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    12
    Rep Points
    10.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    286
    Rep Points
    291.7
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I think I have also answered you on another forum.

    If you want quality Turbo parts here in Europe then PPF is where you should be spending money, The guy in Holland with the 1000hp car has done excitably that. I have also bought some stuff from PPF, the Cut-Ring gasket for example. Andreas (actually the two guys owning PPF are both called Andreas) always answers my emails very quickly.

    I know what you mean with sourcing knowledge locally, there is hardly any. I'm in Luxembourg (only about 300km away from where you are) and nobody knows anything here. There is a company in Paris which has built a Turbo M3 though, but my French isn't that good that I could do some business with them. Therefore I have worked with JAWS Motorsport in Sweden and also PPF, but then also some UK and US companies (VAC, Bavarian auto, and others). Most of the US companies will ship to Europe.

    Mert is right (Twinturbom3) that 1000hp will be heavy money.. and it will probably never be reliable.

    Why not go for a fairly reliable 800whp, keeping traction will be too much problem above that anyway.

    For the Engine management part.. Mert has obviously bought the most expensive one on the market, and the best (Pectel) but this depends on if you are going to keep the Double Vanos. I would try to keep it, but then we are talking more expensive computer equipment. The ViPec, MoTec or the new AEM called Infinity is also very interesting http://www.aemelectronics.com/engine...ent-system-90/ and should be much cheaper than the MoTec (which is pro stuff).

    If you want to go much cheaper then go with the VEMS like I have. Pretty good stuff and easy to use. It can control the single Vanos, and I think there is an upgrade coming soon so it will also handle the double vanos.


    p.s... I like the Samco coolant hose kit, but isn't just two hoses???? pretty DAMN expensive for just two pieces of hoses if you ask me.

    Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by M3GTtt; 09-01-2012 at 02:20 AM.
    1995 BMW M3GT nr:111/350 TwinTurbo and some other mods.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    657
    Rep Points
    260.8
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3GTtt Click here to enlarge
    I think I have also answered you on another forum.

    If you want quality Turbo parts here in Europe then PPF is where you should be spending money, The guy in Holland with the 1000hp car has done excitably that. I have also bought some stuff from PPF, the Cut-Ring gasket for example. Andreas (actually the two guys owning PPF are both called Andreas) always answers my emails very quickly.

    I know what you mean with sourcing knowledge locally, there is hardly any. I'm in Luxembourg (only about 300km away from where you are) and nobody knows anything here. There is a company in Paris which has built a Turbo M3 though, but my French isn't that good that I could do some business with them. Therefore I have worked with JAWS Motorsport in Sweden and also PPF, but then also some UK and US companies (VAC, Bavarian auto, and others). Most of the US companies will ship to Europe.

    Mert is right (Twinturbom3) that 1000hp will be heavy money.. and it will probably never be reliable.

    Why not go for a fairly reliable 800whp, keeping traction will be too much problem above that anyway.

    For the Engine management part.. Mert has obviously bought the most expensive one on the market, and the best (Pectel) but this depends on if you are going to keep the Double Vanos. I would try to keep it, but then we are talking more expensive computer equipment. The ViPec, MoTec or the new AEM called Infinity is also very interesting http://www.aemelectronics.com/engine...ent-system-90/ and should be much cheaper than the MoTec (which is pro stuff).

    If you want to go much cheaper then go with the VEMS like I have. Pretty good stuff and easy to use. It can control the single Vanos, and I think there is an upgrade coming soon so it will also handle the double vanos.


    p.s... I like the Samco coolant hose kit, but isn't just two hoses???? pretty DAMN expensive for just two pieces of hoses if you ask me.

    Click here to enlarge

    Thank you for the kind words.

    Pectel is very good if it is used the way it has been designed to.

    How is your M3 going? Did you change head studs? Your headstuds might flex and cause head lift.

    Are you on OEM ECU?
    E36 M3 Euro TT 60-130 mph 4.49 s
    E46 M3 3.6L TT 60-130 mph 4.22 s
    All Wheel drive M3 Twin Turbo
    997 TT



  9. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,173
    Rep Points
    526.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    The Chicken Farmer returns.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    286
    Rep Points
    291.7
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    Thank you for the kind words.

    Pectel is very good if it is used the way it has been designed to.

    How is your M3 going? Did you change head studs? Your headstuds might flex and cause head lift.

    Are you on OEM ECU?
    Im using VEMS 3.6 and fully controlling the Single Vanos.

    It's doing ok now. I have been using ARP2000 since 2011, still the headgasket blew after only 3000km while driving the Nurburgring. I was using OEM spec Ajusa gasket. Now I have the PPF Cut-Ring gasket and also running water injection.

    But it's pretty good, turbos are too small though, would need to be at least GT25s in order not to run out of breath too soon. Off course they are fine if only running say 10psi, but at 20psi the lungs are too small for the muscles. But it's very responsive due to the VANOS and small turbos. I get maximum torque at only 3600rpm (limited to 680nm due to the clutch) and maximum hp is at 6000rpm (490hp) due to the turbos creating too much backpressure so the EGT's climb fast if I try to do more. Therefore the hp drops to 450 at 7200rpm. Revlimiter at 7500rpm. Maybe now with the water injection I can squeze a bit more.. but its not really needed.
    Last edited by M3GTtt; 09-04-2012 at 03:56 AM.
    1995 BMW M3GT nr:111/350 TwinTurbo and some other mods.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Strasbourg (Alsace FRANCE)
    Posts
    94
    Rep Points
    107.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    If you speak from the french "tuner" DM Performance you have done well not to go him because they can not do anything .... my car was made by him ​​and I regret

    There is another tuner PF Motorsport is of Portuguese origin who speaks good English and is real good tuner who loves making, which is not the case of DM performance that took the money little person like me to mount it company.

    If you search friends for test your car I have friends in Belgium one with a m3 e46 cab with a stage 1 HPF kit with some modification a other from Metz in France with a e46 coupé whit a AA supercharger kit and crasy man with a 1500whp Supra from Belgium
    Sorry for my bad english Click here to enlarge

    ///M one day
    ///M everyday
    My videos of Youtube Click here to enlarge

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    657
    Rep Points
    260.8
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3GTtt Click here to enlarge
    Im using VEMS 3.6 and fully controlling the Single Vanos.

    It's doing ok now. I have been using ARP2000 since 2011, still the headgasket blew after only 3000km while driving the Nurburgring. I was using OEM spec Ajusa gasket. Now I have the PPF Cut-Ring gasket and also running water injection.

    But it's pretty good, turbos are too small though, would need to be at least GT25s in order not to run out of breath too soon. Off course they are fine if only running say 10psi, but at 20psi the lungs are too small for the muscles. But it's very responsive due to the VANOS and small turbos. I get maximum torque at only 3600rpm (limited to 680nm due to the clutch) and maximum hp is at 6000rpm (490hp) due to the turbos creating too much backpressure so the EGT's climb fast if I try to do more. Therefore the hp drops to 450 at 7200rpm. Revlimiter at 7500rpm. Maybe now with the water injection I can squeze a bit more.. but its not really needed.

    That sound OK, but the power should not fall @ 10 psi.

    did you dyno @ 10 psi, does power falll off even @ 10 psi?
    E36 M3 Euro TT 60-130 mph 4.49 s
    E46 M3 3.6L TT 60-130 mph 4.22 s
    All Wheel drive M3 Twin Turbo
    997 TT



  13. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,173
    Rep Points
    526.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    0 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

    This post by GG///M3 is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.


    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    286
    Rep Points
    291.7
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    That sound OK, but the power should not fall @ 10 psi.

    did you dyno @ 10 psi, does power falll off even @ 10 psi?
    I have not dyno'd the car at 10psi.. bacically been running 14psi+ since 2009.

    Back then int was making max hp at the readline, around 470hp@7000rpm and 560nm@4000rpm. In comparison its making 440hp/580nm at low boost today and 490hp/680nm(limited) at max boost, but hp is at 6000rpm and boost at 3600rpm.

    Today we max the boost at about 20psi at 3600rpm in the highest boost setting, but then it gradually falls to about 16psi at 6000rpm. I'm not trying to win any power number competitions, I want a car that is responseive and driveable. However I have been quite unlucky to say the least with the reliability.

    Bostcontrol is 100% variable from 14psi to 20psi with the turn of a knob.
    1995 BMW M3GT nr:111/350 TwinTurbo and some other mods.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    159
    Rep Points
    -12.3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    @M3GTT,
    Has GStuning(gunnar) tuned your car and built the Vems in it?

    If so why can,t he help you because he knows "everything" on Bimmerforums if you read his posts ,but if i remember correctly he blew up your engine?

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    286
    Rep Points
    291.7
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mikecoupe Click here to enlarge
    @M3GTT,
    Has GStuning(gunnar) tuned your car and built the Vems in it?
    Yes

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mikecoupe Click here to enlarge
    If so why can,t he help you because he knows "everything" on Bimmerforums if you read his posts
    Help with what? What is my problem excacly


    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mikecoupe Click here to enlarge
    but if i remember correctly he blew up your engine?
    True
    1995 BMW M3GT nr:111/350 TwinTurbo and some other mods.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,829
    Rep Points
    31,808.7
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mikecoupe Click here to enlarge
    @M3GTT,
    Has GStuning(gunnar) tuned your car and built the Vems in it?

    If so why can,t he help you because he knows "everything" on Bimmerforums if you read his posts ,but if i remember correctly he blew up your engine?
    Tell me more, who is this gunnar guy? Self-proclaimed know it all that screwed someone's motor up?

    Bimmerforums seems to be home for those guys.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    286
    Rep Points
    291.7
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Sticky please don't start with this bimmerforums bashing... the FI forum there is very helpfull and has been for a a long time.

    Gunnar (GSTuning) is a friend of mine, Graduated as a motorsport engineer with a masters degree in race engine design. He is working for Cosworth in the UK. I drove my car to him in Feb 2011 for tuning. The engine did not survive. He did however rebuild it with some financial support from me, and return the car to me later that year. Every tuner blows up engines in their carrier, mostly its their own engines though. Gunnar is very knowledgable, might need some mechanical experience.
    This is in the past, lets not dwell on it.
    1995 BMW M3GT nr:111/350 TwinTurbo and some other mods.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    657
    Rep Points
    260.8
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3GTtt Click here to enlarge
    Sticky please don't start with this bimmerforums bashing... the FI forum there is very helpfull and has been for a a long time.

    Gunnar (GSTuning) is a friend of mine, Graduated as a motorsport engineer with a masters degree in race engine design. He is working for Cosworth in the UK. I drove my car to him in Feb 2011 for tuning. The engine did not survive. He did however rebuild it with some financial support from me, and return the car to me later that year. Every tuner blows up engines in their carrier, mostly its their own engines though. Gunnar is very knowledgable, might need some mechanical experience.
    This is in the past, lets not dwell on it.

    Gunnar is a top of the range man. He knows what he does.
    None of us on this entire forum know as much as Gunni knows.
    E36 M3 Euro TT 60-130 mph 4.49 s
    E46 M3 3.6L TT 60-130 mph 4.22 s
    All Wheel drive M3 Twin Turbo
    997 TT



  20. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,173
    Rep Points
    526.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Looks like Mert the Criminal is back posting on the forums. WEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,829
    Rep Points
    31,808.7
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3GTtt Click here to enlarge
    Sticky please don't start with this bimmerforums bashing... the FI forum there is very helpfull and has been for a a long time.
    Not saying it isn't I'm saying there is a small group who think they know everything about everything. It's a small clique who works on older BMW's and thinks they somehow justifies themselves in the face of newer cars and tuning technology.

    That has nothing to do with if you have found the forum helpful or not.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •