Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    749
    Rep Points
    1,225.4
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

    Weistec S/C C63 AMG vs Ported Blower 03' Cobra

    A good vid I came across..

    Run 1 looks like the C63 hits his rev limiter, but talk about a walk down! Run 2 is clean.

    Gotta love the sound of a boosted M156 Click here to enlarge

    -TZ

    09' M3 AA Gen 2 Level 2 S/C
    03' Viper Roadster- FBO
    10' X5M
    09' Cayenne GTS
    11' Jaguar XFR
    08' CLS63 AMG
    08' EVO X GSR- FBO
    13' F10 550i M Sport

    Past:
    07' C6 Z06
    11' M3 Comp DCT
    10' C63 AMG
    10' SVT Raptor 6.2
    12' BOSS 302
    11' E92 335i
    09' C63 AMG -
    01' C5 Z06- White, FBO+Cam
    11' E92 335is- Sapp Blk
    08' E82 135i- Sapphire Blk
    10' Audi S5 6-Speed
    04' SVT Lightning
    08' E90 335i 6-Speed- Blk
    08' C63 AMG- Blk
    09' CTS-V Sedan- Blk Raven
    06' E60 M5 SMG
    Click here to enlarge

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    moco, md
    Posts
    1,213
    Rep Points
    1,516.7
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    oof.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,306
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Thats exactly why I jumped to the Vette... The Termi doesnt have top end legs and extended top end pulls make motors go BOOM. The stock HEATon (yes thats spelled correctly) is worthless for serious power. You need a built short block with cams & a big Whipple to play top end games with that car. AMG is nice the exhuast on those sound great
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,618
    Rep Points
    -99.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Is it me or these SC'd Benz have bad noise? It's a luxury car (relatively). Keep it classy. That whine noise is great in an American muscle. Not in a Mercedes.

    It has power though. Lots of it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,272
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    Thats exactly why I jumped to the Vette... The Termi doesnt have top end legs and extended top end pulls make motors go BOOM. The stock HEATon (yes thats spelled correctly) is worthless for serious power. You need a built short block with cams & a big Whipple to play top end games with that car. AMG is nice the exhuast on those sound great
    ask sledge how he knows...lol
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL.
    Posts
    1,836
    Rep Points
    771.0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Is it me or these SC'd Benz have bad noise? It's a luxury car (relatively). Keep it classy. That whine noise is great in an American muscle. Not in a Mercedes.

    It has power though. Lots of it.
    have you heard them in person Sorena? they are loud as $#@!. even without the blower, lol. even on a stock car, putting an aftermarket exhaust makes it sound similar, very deep and growling rasp. as for the whine, i kind of like to hear my forced induction at work Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,618
    Rep Points
    -99.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    have you heard them in person Sorena? they are loud as $#@!. even without the blower, lol. even on a stock car, putting an aftermarket exhaust makes it sound similar, very deep and growling rasp. as for the whine, i kind of like to hear my forced induction at work Click here to enlarge
    I was referring to the twin screw whine. I'm very OK with hearing BOV's or whoosh or sc sound from BMW's because the majority of modded BMW owners are punks. No offense to real gentlemen like you or others whatsoever. This as a result, downgraded the image of BMW.
    But this is not true for MB's. You see much less modded MB's, and even those are not as bad as BMW's.

    As for the exhaust note, i would agree with your prespective 10 years ago. But nowadays things have changed. A Bentley CGT is a loud car. You can hear Maserati's and Astons coming from miles away. And all of them are more luxurious brands with higher prestige than Mercedes. It seems like quieter doesn't mean more luxurious anymore, it's the opposite.

    But when was the last time you heard a car pulling with a screaming positive displacement supercharger? For me it was days ago and the car was a Mustang GT500. I like that car, i really do, but it's not as classy as a Mercedes at all. Most of the cars rocking the same setup with the same whine place in that category as the GT500.

    Got my point?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,272
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    I was referring to the twin screw whine. I'm very OK with hearing BOV's or whoosh or sc sound from BMW's because the majority of modded BMW owners are punks. No offense to real gentlemen like you or others whatsoever. This as a result, downgraded the image of BMW.
    But this is not true for MB's. You see much less modded MB's, and even those are not as bad as BMW's.

    As for the exhaust note, i would agree with your prespective 10 years ago. But nowadays things have changed. A Bentley CGT is a loud car. You can hear Maserati's and Astons coming from miles away. And all of them are more luxurious brands with higher prestige than Mercedes. It seems like quieter doesn't mean more luxurious anymore, it's the opposite.

    But when was the last time you heard a car pulling with a screaming positive displacement supercharger? For me it was days ago and the car was a Mustang GT500. I like that car, i really do, but it's not as classy as a Mercedes at all. Most of the cars rocking the same setup with the same whine place in that category as the GT500.

    Got my point?
    well you have my V Click here to enlarge thats in the category with the E63 and M5 and is posi disp twin screw
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,618
    Rep Points
    -99.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    well you have my V Click here to enlarge thats in the category with the E63 and M5 and is posi disp twin screw
    That's an exception. Definitely SC'd Cadillacs are classes above the most of cars sporting a screaming supercharger.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,272
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    That's an exception. Definitely SC'd Cadillacs are classes above the most of cars sporting a screaming supercharger.

    everyone thats been in the car for a ride loves the whine....and of course the monster torque
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,618
    Rep Points
    -99.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    everyone thats been in the car for a ride loves the whine....and of course the monster torque
    I love the whine. But i don't find it suitable for a Mercedes. TS will give you instant throttle response that centrifugal and turbo can't even get close to. true.

    IDK. Maybe it's just me though. My famous classy this and classy that, sometimes annoy the hell out of people. Maybe it's one of those times that i'm too touchy about stuff.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,272
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    I love the whine. But i don't find it suitable for a Mercedes. TS will give you instant throttle response that centrifugal and turbo can't even get close to. true.

    IDK. Maybe it's just me though. My famous classy this and classy that, sometimes annoy the hell out of people. Maybe it's one of those times that i'm too touchy about stuff.
    ive never heard nor no much about the weistec blowers....they LOOK alot like the 2.3L whipples tho....is that where they are sourcing them from?
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,383
    Rep Points
    824.2
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Sorena, I have the Weistec 3.0 blower. It is a direct drive off the serpentine so there is no whine. I personally do not like the whining sound for a mercedes so this is a perfect set up.
    Click here to enlarge

    I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,618
    Rep Points
    -99.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    ive never heard nor no much about the weistec blowers....they LOOK alot like the 2.3L whipples tho....is that where they are sourcing them from?
    Lysholm 2.3 i believe.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,272
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Lysholm 2.3 i believe.
    gotcha
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,070
    Rep Points
    0.5
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Nice race
    @TZ04XJR


    Click here to enlargeWeistec Power Click here to enlarge
    World Fastest (NA) SLS AMG in a Standing 1/2 Mile
    Trap Speed 254.81 Km/hr

    Qatar Mile- NOV, 30th 2013
    Click here to enlarge

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    8,096
    Rep Points
    5,888.4
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    59


    Yes Reputation No
    Great race, that Merc really puts in work. I'm with sorena, not a fan of the whine on a Merc.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    403
    Rep Points
    611.6
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    I love the whine. But i don't find it suitable for a Mercedes. TS will give you instant throttle response that centrifugal and turbo can't even get close to. true.

    IDK. Maybe it's just me though. My famous classy this and classy that, sometimes annoy the hell out of people. Maybe it's one of those times that i'm too touchy about stuff.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Great race, that Merc really puts in work. I'm with sorena, not a fan of the whine on a Merc.
    i personally love the whine of a blower , no matter what vehicle it's on . the way i see it , if you are looking to buy a Mercedes for the luxury side of it , who is looking at the C-class ? most people would buy an E , S , or CLS for luxury . i think the C , SLK and SLS are closer to the sportscar category .

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ Click here to enlarge
    i personally love the whine of a blower , no matter what vehicle it's on
    this

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    749
    Rep Points
    1,225.4
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ Click here to enlarge
    i personally love the whine of a blower , no matter what vehicle it's on .
    Other than curb appeal, blower whine was my favorite aspect of both my past Jaguar XJR's. Luxurious and elegant, yet fierce when it needs to be Click here to enlarge

    -TZ

    09' M3 AA Gen 2 Level 2 S/C
    03' Viper Roadster- FBO
    10' X5M
    09' Cayenne GTS
    11' Jaguar XFR
    08' CLS63 AMG
    08' EVO X GSR- FBO
    13' F10 550i M Sport

    Past:
    07' C6 Z06
    11' M3 Comp DCT
    10' C63 AMG
    10' SVT Raptor 6.2
    12' BOSS 302
    11' E92 335i
    09' C63 AMG -
    01' C5 Z06- White, FBO+Cam
    11' E92 335is- Sapp Blk
    08' E82 135i- Sapphire Blk
    10' Audi S5 6-Speed
    04' SVT Lightning
    08' E90 335i 6-Speed- Blk
    08' C63 AMG- Blk
    09' CTS-V Sedan- Blk Raven
    06' E60 M5 SMG
    Click here to enlarge

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Posts
    368
    Rep Points
    127.5
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Great race, can we see more from a roll ?
    Fastest Mercedes in the Gulf & the Middle East
    Powered By WEISTEC
    2009 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Weistec Supercharged: 10.576 @ 133.562 MPH

    Click here to enlarge

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,249
    Rep Points
    32,700.6
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Is it me or these SC'd Benz have bad noise? It's a luxury car (relatively). Keep it classy. That whine noise is great in an American muscle. Not in a Mercedes.

    It has power though. Lots of it.
    What are you talking about man? Mercedes has done positive displacement SC's and it essentially is a German car that takes an American approach with brute force.

    Have to disagree with your assessment on the sound, love it.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,249
    Rep Points
    32,700.6
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No

    515 wheel horsepower modded '03 Cobra Mustang takes on a Weistec Stage I supercharged C63 AMG

    Here is a very good race video showing two runs from a dig featuring a Weistec supercharged C63 AMG and a modified 2003 Mutang Cobra. The Cobra has a ported blower and is putting out 515 wheel horsepower. The C63 AMG has the Stage I Weistec Supercharger kit with a full exhaust. It may be the Stage I or Stage I+ so in the 500-530 wheel horsepower range, possibly more thanks to the full exhaust.

    In the first race the C63 appears to hit its rev limiter and is forced to catch up which it impressively does. The second race is clean with the C63 walking away. A very impressive showing by the Wesitec supercharged car versus stout competition from a stop.

    Click here to enlarge

    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    134
    Rep Points
    580.1
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Great race guys! Just for reference, this is a Stage 1+ system in the video. The loud whine isn't the C63, that is the Cobra. Our systems do whine but it really isn't that loud. Typically, cars with long tube headers and straight pipes completely tone out the whine. You can also hear the Cobra shift gears and the whine silences for a quick second. The 7 speed auto transmission is so seamless that the tone of the supercharger doesn't change much. Hope this helps!

    Weistec Engineering

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,249
    Rep Points
    32,700.6
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Weistec Click here to enlarge
    Great race guys! Just for reference, this is a Stage 1+ system in the video. The loud whine isn't the C63, that is the Cobra. Our systems do whine but it really isn't that loud. Typically, cars with long tube headers and straight pipes completely tone out the whine. You can also hear the Cobra shift gears and the whine silences for a quick second. The 7 speed auto transmission is so seamless that the tone of the supercharger doesn't change much. Hope this helps!

    Weistec Engineering
    Thought it might be the 1+, thanks for confirming .
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •