Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Could we even hear it over the DI clanging and the wastegate rattle? JK, self-poke.
    I heard it twice than cyl 2 piston gave up, loud thump pulsating.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by woptang22 Click here to enlarge
    I am running 80% meth and 20% water. But doesnt it look like the IATs are getting higher over 4500rpms? In my mind it looks like the meth stops spraying. But why so many timing corrections after 4500 RPMs?
    Meth/h20 can only do so much. Your CAT's should still increase with meth flowing. If they dont, you're not getting accurate readings anyways - meaning your TMAP sensor is probably suffering from the wet bulb effect and reporting false readings.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    all IAT readings are skewed from wet bulb effect... even moving the nozzles upstream doesn't seem to help much. The OP is reaching near starting temps during one gear... seems to be a meth issue. Make sure you have steady meth flow (DC) mid-range to top. The HSF4 bases DC off fuel IDC and/or boost. You want it based more on IDC I would think. I don't remember if IDC is reduced in the top... you are injecting less fuel/stroke of course but due to rpm IDC should increase... much has to do with fuel pressure profile also. The HSF4 does seem a little complicated to tune.

What IC are you using? What is the humidity, temp during these pulls? Humidity will play a large role in IATs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    FWIW, I'm running HFS-4 and my CAT's follow the same trend, drops a few degrees once meth starts flowing and slowly rises back to around the beginning temp. I don't think there is an issue with your meth kit, but I am admittedly a noob at meth.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Im using the HELIX IC and heat and humidity were very high. Not sure exact #s but high humidity.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    all IAT readings are skewed from wet bulb effect... even moving the nozzles upstream doesn't seem to help much. The OP is reaching near starting temps during one gear... seems to be a meth issue. Make sure you have steady meth flow (DC) mid-range to top. The HSF4 bases DC off fuel IDC and/or boost. You want it based more on IDC I would think. I don't remember if IDC is reduced in the top... you are injecting less fuel/stroke of course but due to rpm IDC should increase... much has to do with fuel pressure profile also. The HSF4 does seem a little complicated to tune.

What IC are you using? What is the humidity, temp during these pulls? Humidity will play a large role in IATs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The HFS-4 uses both boost and IDC at default settings - its more biased towards IDC though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    FWIW, I'm running HFS-4 and my CAT's follow the same trend, drops a few degrees once meth starts flowing and slowly rises back to around the beginning temp. I don't think there is an issue with your meth kit, but I am admittedly a noob at meth.
    Yeah and DZ mentioned the same thing... I wonder if you can log Meth DC through the HSF controller. My conditions are very different with dry weather and IAT will stay very low with minimal rise... both 80/20 and 50/50 mixes are very similar.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234