Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Any custom ATR maps integrating meth?

Ive recently had a HFS-3 meth kit installed and had an ATP Pro Tune done. THe car feels great and has a nice feel as far as power is concerned. But I did some data logs and there are a lot of timing corrections. Ive been in contact with the tuner and they were supposed to have sent me a revised map days ago. But I have yet to receive it and havent heard back from them. So instead of ruining my engine Im looking to see if anyone using the ATR software has come up with a custom meth map they would be willing to share? I have no idea how to tinker with the different tables in the ATR software so Im hoping someone may be able to help me out with a map. My car used the I8A0S. If anyone has any meth maps they have made please drop me a line. I would really appreciate it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I offered some help in response to the PM on e90 but bottom line here, just run an OTS map until your issues are resolved. Something sounds like it has changed (likely a hardware or fuel quality issue) since whomever protuned you worked on the car. Was it an etune or dyno/road tune? Post up logs too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Who pro tuned it? Post some logs and we can offer advice...maybe something is up with your meth flow too...keep in mind some corrections are perfectly fine...generally if on average they're less than 4* and not across more than 3 adjacent cylinders they can be safely ignored...if you're running on ACN 91 (arizona, cali, nevada) 91 octane (i.e. piss water) you'll have corrections on idle and cruise too let alone WOT on any map including stock.
    Tuning for zero corrections overconservative.
    Last edited by dzenno@PTF; 07-29-2012 at 01:34 AM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It was dyno tuned. THings seemed ok but when I did my own logs, they showed otherwise.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dfv2 Click here to enlarge
    I offered some help in response to the PM on e90 but bottom line here, just run an OTS map until your issues are resolved. Something sounds like it has changed (likely a hardware or fuel quality issue) since whomever protuned you worked on the car. Was it an etune or dyno/road tune? Post up logs too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Akuma Motorsports in NJ. John Shafer sounds like a very knowledgabe tuner an has a great background. My car feels great but the logs are showing otherwise. Im waiting on a revised map but havent received it. So Im trying to get some of my issues taken care of on my own. As far as the meth goes, when the car hits 4-5 psi the meth flows nicely, but as I get higher in the RPMs and higher in boost the meth doesnt seem to be spraying. Any idea why that could be happening? Or how can I fix it?
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    Who pro tuned it? Post some logs and we can offer advice...maybe something is up with your meth flow too...keep in mind some corrections are perfectly fine...generally if on average they're less than 4* and not across more than 3 adjacent cylinders they can be safely ignored...if you're running on ACN 91 (arizona, cali, nevada) 91 octane (i.e. piss water) you'll have corrections on idle and cruise too let alone WOT on any map including stock.
    Tuning for zero corrections overconservative.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Also heres a graph that Richard from Aquamist made me from datalog 6. Im not sure what these graphs tell you so maybe someone can inform me. THis is from datalog 6 which seemed to have corrections arcross all cylinders.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That log shows the following:

1) meth works
    2) car is tuned with ~ stock timing targets
    3) car is correcting but not heavily enough to cause huge concern
    4) you may need an extra nozzle and/or relocate your nozzles further upstream at the fmic outlet or fmic outlet silicone coupler and/or up your meth concentration in the mix

Overall, even if u dont touch anything your engine is safe. However it does show you could benefit from either more meth OR a retune so timing isn't as aggressive especially up top where it seems to lack that octane the most. In any case, not too worrying at all. With that much boost you really should be hitting those timing targets without corrections given meth flow is adequate.

Do you have a dyno of before/after from Akuma? What meth nozzles are you running and what meth concentration?
    Last edited by dzenno@PTF; 07-29-2012 at 10:38 AM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thank you dzenno. I am a bit relieved to see its not that terrible. Actually I think they changed one nozzle. THere are two nozzles one is I believe .9 and one is 1.0 . THey were both .9 but I believe last time I went to Akuma they changed one to 1.0 but I could be mistaken. So Im either running two .9 nozzles or one .9 and one 1.0 And as far as meth /water its 80/20 meth /water. As far as the map goes, John is supposed to get me a revised map. But Im still waiting on that. I dont necessarily need to get back on the dyno to fix this issue do I?

1) meth works
    4) you may need an extra nozzle and/or relocate your nozzles further upstream at the fmic outlet or fmic outlet silicone coupler

Overall, even if u dont touch anything your engine is safe. However it does show you could benefit from either more meth OR a retune so timing isn't as aggressive especially up top where it seems to lack that octane the most. In any case, not too worrying at all. With that much boost you really should be hitting those timing targets without corrections given meth flow is adequate.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sorry for the double reply but the meth nozzles are located all the way to the front of the charge pipe close to the connection to the FMIC. I belive I have a picture Ill attach. Nozzles right before the black ETS Elbow.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nozzles are right before the black ETS elbow.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Here are the dynos. Sorry for the terrible pictures but I took them with my phone. Hopefully they are visible enough for you. Akuma told me their dyno reads very very low. And that if I was on a dynojet it would most likely be over 400HP but thats not whats important. THe delta gains are pretty good. Let me know what you think.

1) meth works
    4) you may need an extra nozzle and/or relocate your nozzles further upstream at the fmic outlet or fmic outlet silicone coupler and/or up your meth concentration in the mix

Do you have a dyno of before/after from Akuma? What meth nozzles are you running and what meth concentration?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm sure they'll figure out a way to get you sorted. By the way, no graphs? Don't think you've attached them..
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The graphs arent working for you? Im in the thread and Im looking right at them. Let me try to post them again for you.
    I'm sure they'll figure out a way to get you sorted. By the way, no graphs? Don't think you've attached them..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I just spoke with Richard from Aquamist, he said youd be the best person to talk to and that your running the aquamist on your car also. But he said your using bigger jets. Im not sure which size jets I have but last time I was at Akuma he talked about increasing one jet to 1.0 So Im guessing my jets are .9 or smaller. But Im not positive he put in the larger 1.0 jet. In your opinion what size jets should I be using? And you mentioned in your previous post that the meth it working. But sometimes I notice at higher boost and higher RPMs it seems as if the meth isnt spraying. Is there some kind of adjustment in the HFS-3 kit I need to make?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think a 0.9 and a 1mm should be ok, dual 1mm plenty, for stock turbos. I have the hfs-4 and i suggest you also upgrade and wire in their failsafe in case of any flow issues or tank level being low.

With RBs and close to 22psi i was using two 1mm and one 0.9mm nozzles. My 1mm are on the silicone coupler and the 0.9mm is on the charge pipe.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I do have a failsafe on my system. Ill attach a picture of the failsafe so you can see which one it is. Richard from Aquamist has been in contact with me to set the failsafe properly. But overall, those timing corrections in my logs dont seem too major to you? I guess Im just concerned that the engine is safe and running healthy.
    I think a 0.9 and a 1mm should be ok, dual 1mm plenty, for stock turbos. I have the hfs-4 and i suggest you also upgrade and wire in their failsafe in case of any flow issues or tank level being low.

With RBs and close to 22psi i was using two 1mm and one 0.9mm nozzles. My 1mm are on the silicone coupler and the 0.9mm is on the charge pipe.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    By the way how do the dyno graphs look?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Your engine will be fine but tuning could be a tiny bit refined i guess for your current octane or upping nozzle size..80/20 mix is good. Have you ever tested to confirm your flow as well as the failsafe working for say low tank level or no flow? I'd get the flow volume tested to confirm it for your own sake

Gains look legit...what did they charge you for it?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I paid $500 for the dyno tune. But I had it all done there, meth kit, charge pipe, vanos solenoids replaced. But as far as the failsafe, as soon as it was hooked up I went for a ride with John. As soon as the car hit boost, the failsafe kicked in. he had to make a few adjustments in the controller. Now all seems well. On friday my meth was actually low in the tank. The failsafe kicked in and seemed to be working properly. Im hoping I can get this map revised so that the car runs as healthy as it can. If they dont get back to me, Im not sure what Im going to do.
    Your engine will be fine but tuning could be a tiny bit refined i guess for your current octane or upping nozzle size..80/20 mix is good. Have you ever tested to confirm your flow as well as the failsafe working for say low tank level or no flow? I'd get the flow volume tested to confirm it for your own sake

Gains look legit...what did they charge you for it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Failsafe is important and sounds like it works as it should so that's good. On the tuning end hopefully they'll take care of it and provide you with an updated map for your octane or whatever is necessary to get it dialed in better.

Keep in mind though, your engine is safe even as is so don't stress about it. Numbers are good.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks dzenno. I appreciate all your time and help. Hopefully I get a revised map sooner then later. But Im glad to hear the car is running ok. I thought all those negatives and timing corrections in all the cylinders were not good for the engine. But like I said, I know nothing about these numbers and what they mean.
    Failsafe is important and sounds like it works as it should so that's good. On the tuning end hopefully they'll take care of it and provide you with an updated map for your octane or whatever is necessary to get it dialed in better.

Keep in mind though, your engine is safe even as is so don't stress about it. Numbers are good.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by woptang22 Click here to enlarge
    Thanks dzenno. I appreciate all your time and help. Hopefully I get a revised map sooner then later. But Im glad to hear the car is running ok. I thought all those negatives and timing corrections in all the cylinders were not good for the engine. But like I said, I know nothing about these numbers and what they mean.
    Timing corrections are a great indicator for tuning being over aggressive but some corrections are fine and reasonable as its basically the DME doing its work based on a very dynamic running environment. Some cars will have corrections even at cruise, very low load and most stock cars correct all the time too. Try logging a stock (stg0) map for instance on pump 91 octane, in most cases it'll have a good share of corrections too Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I thought they aquamist made 1.2mm nozzle's but didn't see them on their website. Are those too large even if your running rb's? My HFS-4 came with 3 1mm nozzles and originally I was planning on using both in a er chargepipe. I have one nozzle at the very beginning of the chargepipe, and the second one is in between the diverter valves. Does anyone know how thick in mm the ETS 4 ply silcone coupler is? If I was to install two nozzles in the silicone coupler in between the fmic outlet and the lower chargepipe how would you want them placed, one directly above the other 3-4 inches apart, or have one on the opposite side of the other so their spraying into each other?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    1mm nozzles are plenty in terms of size. Try to have the nozzles 2-3" apart so they're not facing each other. They can be on opposite sides of the fmic outlet coupler but not facing each other directly
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    1mm nozzles are plenty in terms of size. Try to have the nozzles 2-3" apart so they're not facing each other. They can be on opposite sides of the fmic outlet coupler but not facing each other directly
    Okay, thanks!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast