Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Having some issues..need your opinions

I have been experiencing an issue with my car for the last week or so....The car is throwing a 2A2D fuel low pressure system, fuel pressure code. When ever I hit 4000 rpms the car would just shut off power and then feels like it runs on 3 cylinders until I turn it off and then on then it doesnt feel like its misfiring. I have not gone WOT with this issue, but today I wanted to test it WOT and it when I hit over 4500 rpms there was a loud backfire and the car threw a SES light...Checked the codes and were the following 2A2D, 2AAF, and 29DC. I cleared the codes and then took the car for another test and when I hit 4000 rpms the car felt like injectors cut off...Checked codes again and got 2A2D code for the low pressure system...I checked with inpa for the fuel low pressure sensor...What do you think? Is it normal the the low pressure sensor to have such a low reading?? LPFP or my HPFP going bad???...Thanks guys if you can help me out.

I dont want to change out the HPFP if its the LPFP thats creating this issue...
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Not a mechanic at all, but curious as to why you would try to run at WOT, when you think your engine is only running on 3 cylinders or has a fuel pressure problem? What will this do? Would it not further the chances of damage?
    just curious.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Theduke Click here to enlarge
    Not a mechanic at all, but curious as to why you would try to run at WOT, when you think your engine is only running on 3 cylinders or has a fuel pressure problem? What will this do? Would it not further the chances of damage?
    just curious.

No when you turn off the car, everything runs normal again until you hit 4000 rpms and then there is an injector shut downs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

What do you mean an injector shuts down?

I got codes for Electrical Pump low pressure, low pressure side etc. The guy at the dealer told me it is one of the most common N54 issues and the sensor needed to be replaced. It is located just behind the HPFP. I changed it myself en the code didn't come back. I needed to remove the intake manifold to get access. I was an easy job and only took like two hours.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Fuel injector shut off will happen as a result of a misfire being detected for instance. What could be happening in your case is either plugs/injectors/coil or vanos solenoids (of the cheaper to fix things). I'd look there first.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    I have been experiencing an issue with my car for the last week or so....The car is throwing a 2A2D fuel low pressure system, fuel pressure code. When ever I hit 4000 rpms the car would just shut off power and then feels like it runs on 3 cylinders until I turn it off and then on then it doesnt feel like its misfiring. I have not gone WOT with this issue, but today I wanted to test it WOT and it when I hit over 4500 rpms there was a loud backfire and the car threw a SES light...Checked the codes and were the following 2A2D, 2AAF, and 29DC. I cleared the codes and then took the car for another test and when I hit 4000 rpms the car felt like injectors cut off...Checked codes again and got 2A2D code for the low pressure system...I checked with inpa for the fuel low pressure sensor...What do you think? Is it normal the the low pressure sensor to have such a low reading?? LPFP or my HPFP going bad???...Thanks guys if you can help me out.

I dont want to change out the HPFP if its the LPFP thats creating this issue...
    Depending on your mileage, if you are over 50K miles, then it's your LPFP. You can buy a new LPFP, and Fuel pressure regulator. I have both of these items, since I am at 96K miles. I'm hoping to get a code like you have before LPFP failure, because failure of the pump can be catastrophic. It's an expensive install though. Good Luck .

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    Fuel injector shut off will happen as a result of a misfire being detected for instance. What could be happening in your case is either plugs/injectors/coil or vanos solenoids (of the cheaper to fix things). I'd look there first.

I am getting the code 2A2D for fuel low pressure system, fuel pressure

When I went WOT was when i got the 29DC injector switch off...

Its weird as it only happens when i get on the car and rpms reach 4000~ and then the car feels like the brakes are being slammed!

As i get off the gas and let the rpms go back down sometimes the car will work fine, but other times it will feel like its running on 3 cylinders until I turn off the car and back on is when it returns back to normal..I just ordered a LPFP and it seems like an easy install...Hopefully its the issue. Funny thing is that I took off my rear seats and open the LPFP cap to the pump and put ignition on and I didnt even hear or feel the pump prime or make any noise thats its working...Shouldn't I be hearing some type of pumping noise from the pump???? I just find it hard to believe the car has only 10k and the plugs, coils could be bad...I honestly think the LPFP is not giving enough pressure to feed the HPFP and when you hit higher rpms which the demand for fuel is increased is when a bad LPFP will rear its ugly head...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Ah I missed that. Its most likely your LPFP then and/or the low fuel pressure sensor. You should be able to do a test with INPA to see if its holding pressure or not. Instructions should be in the bentley manual I think. Wish I had them handy to post up.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

check out how low the fuel low pressure sensor is reading...Is this normal for such a low reading??

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Heck it cost me 222 bucks including shipping for the full bucket LPFP and the install is pretty straightforward...I hope this addresses the issue and I just got new AE upgrades and I cant even enjoy driving the car because its all fugged up! lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

The reason I think its your LPFP is because you're getting issues running the car. Even if you unplug the low pressure sensor the car will run 100% fine without issues. What happens is the DME just runs the low pressure pump 100% all the time instead of lowering pressure and upping pressure with load.

7400hPa = 107psi, that sounds wrong (i.e. too high)...it should be around 5bar which is 72psi (anywhere from 65-80psi I've seen on my car, closer to 80psi with a brand new LPFP). However, this is with Cobb and they don't change the FP from stock targets.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    The reason I think its your LPFP is because you're getting issues running the car. Even if you unplug the low pressure sensor the car will run 100% fine without issues. What happens is the DME just runs the low pressure pump 100% all the time instead of lowering pressure and upping pressure with load.

7400hPa = 107psi, that sounds wrong (i.e. too high)...it should be around 5bar which is 72psi (anywhere from 65-80psi I've seen on my car, closer to 80psi with a brand new LPFP). However, this is with Cobb and they don't change the FP from stock targets.
    I am hoping this will resolve my case...Yes its only when I run the car and push it, other then that it works flawlessly...The reading is wrong would suggest that the low pressure sensor is also faulty too along with a faulty LPFP. I had that 29f3 code for the longest and I bought the sensor a while back but never got around to changing it. What is seems from what you are saying is indeed the sensor is faulty and my pump has gone to $#@!! Dzenno...would a faulty sensor besides throwing a code actually effect the operating of the LPFP???

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

I am hoping this will resolve my case...Yes its only when I run the car and push it, other then that it works flawlessly...The reading is wrong would suggest that the low pressure sensor is also faulty too along with a faulty LPFP. I had that 29f3 code for the longest and I bought the sensor a while back but never got around to changing it. What is seems from what you are saying is indeed the sensor is faulty and my pump has gone to $#@!! Dzenno...would a faulty sensor besides throwing a code actually effect the operating of the LPFP???
    IF the pump altogether goes so, then it sounds exactly what I am experiencing when I get on the car with a LPFP not working at all, the demand of the fuel will cause this surge (brake feeling) and if WOT it will definitely misfire as the demand of fuel is not enough..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

If you've never had the low pressure sensor replaced I'd do that first, LPFP second.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like the LPFP to me. When my LPFP sensor went I had the 29f3 code and no actual symptoms (like dzenno said) which makes me think it's the actual LPFP. Perhaps not getting your sensor fixed when you first got the 29f3 code resulted in increased wear and tear on the pump (100% load 24/7)?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bleep Click here to enlarge
    Sounds like the LPFP to me. When my LPFP sensor went I had the 29f3 code and no actual symptoms (like dzenno said) which makes me think it's the actual LPFP. Perhaps not getting your sensor fixed when you first got the 29f3 code resulted in increased wear and tear on the pump (100% load 24/7)?
    I am crossing my fingers its the issue! Believe it or not that code has been on my car ever since Procede was able to read codes. I had that code and cleared it, and as fast as I cleared it, it triggered again! Nothing was wrong with the car so I just left it at that...I will replace the LPFP and if it solves my issues, I will change out the faulty sensor also!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Read the exact readings from a car with no issues and compared the difference from the low pressure sensor reading from pic 1 which is mine and pic 2 of my friendsClick here to enlarge

There is definitely something wrong here! Hopefully my LPFP thats being delivered tomorrow will fix the trick...I bought the LP sensor for 67 bucks todayClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

There is definitely something wrong here! Hopefully my LPFP thats being delivered tomorrow will fix the trick...I bought the LP sensor for 67 bucks today
    I assume you are installing or getting it installed today?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Several of your screen caps show low pressure at 7400hPa, which is 7.4bar. The LP system is supposed to run 5.0bar. I think the LP pressure sensor is bad, but you can verify with a regular fuel pressure gauge to verify. The LPFP is on the passenger side, but the filter and pressure regulator are on the driver's side of the tank.

Monitor your low pressure fuel system when the fault occurs. If the sensor is telling the ECU that it's running at 7.4bar, it will erroneously slow the LPFP down to reduce outlet pressure/flow.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JamesM3M5 Click here to enlarge
    Several of your screen caps show low pressure at 7400hPa, which is 7.4bar. The LP system is supposed to run 5.0bar. I think the LP pressure sensor is bad, but you can verify with a regular fuel pressure gauge to verify. The LPFP is on the passenger side, but the filter and pressure regulator are on the driver's side of the tank.

Monitor your low pressure fuel system when the fault occurs. If the sensor is telling the ECU that it's running at 7.4bar, it will erroneously slow the LPFP down to reduce outlet pressure/flow.
    If a LPFP is totally shot, can it also give the low pressure sensor a faulty reading? I already bought the pump and will change that out first. The test the car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    It would read low, not high. 7.4bar might be the sensor's max reading. If you can test the pump pressure, first, and compare to the reading in INPA, then that will determine whether it's a sensor or a pump. The sensor is cheaper, and the pump could be returned or resold, saving you some $$.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by R1000K3 Click here to enlarge
    What do you mean an injector shuts down?I got codes for Electrical Pump low pressure, low pressure side etc. The guy at the dealer told me it is one of the most common N54 issues and the sensor needed to be replaced. It is located just behind the HPFP. I changed it myself en the code didn't come back. I needed to remove the intake manifold to get access. I was an easy job and only took like two hours.
    Quick question. Is it possible to change out the LP sensor without taking off the intAke manifold? I think I read somewhere that someone changed it out just by taking off the intake box and there was enough space to get at the sensor. What do u think??

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Quick question. Is it possible to change out the LP sensor without taking off the intAke manifold? I think I read somewhere that someone changed it out just by taking off the intake box and there was enough space to get at the sensor. What do u think??
    I don't think it is possible w/o removing the intake. I couldn't even locate the sensor until the intake was removed. Removing the intake, induction pipe and a few other things that needs to be removed is not difficult at all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Looks like you may be able to do it with the intake on but the throttle body off.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yeah I will take the charge pipe off then. I know it's location. It's the line right behind the HPFP near the rear of the engine bAy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast