Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Question Could use a little help picking the right parts

So it looks like I'll finally be getting the car back from the dealership after they fixed the water pump (after they broke the new one). The next stop is to the body shop to get a scratch fixed, but then the parts start to go on after that.

Regarding that last step, I need to start collecting parts for this and need to make sure what I have is the right stuff for the job.

-AR Design catless DP with resonator, ceramic coated . . . Do I need any extra bungs welded in? Can I run an O2 simulator all the time so I won't have to remember to do the switch before emissions? Do I need 2 bungs so I can run both an O2 simulator and a regular O2 sensor at the same time? These may be dumb questions, but I have no idea since I was not planning on going this far with the mods up until recently.

-Forge Diverter Valves . . . seems straight forward and should install in the OEM charge pipe.

-BMS WW meth kit . . . I'm just looking to run a standard -20* WW fluid as my meth source, so ~33% meth. Can Cobb through AT have it so it just lets the meth in during WOT? Or is it always going to be pushing the meth and sucking my WW tank dry every few days? Is there another source for a meth WW kit besides BMS that I should look at?

-BMS meth elbow . . . should work with the OEM charge pipe just fine from the posts I've seen.

Parts I already have: ETS 5" FMIC, Quaife LSD, K&N drop in filter, Cobb Stage 1+FMIC

Thanks again for the help.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    -AR Design catless DP with resonator, ceramic coated . . . Do I need any extra bungs welded in? Can I run an O2 simulator all the time so I won't have to remember to do the switch before emissions? Do I need 2 bungs so I can run both an O2 simulator and a regular O2 sensor at the same time? These may be dumb questions, but I have no idea since I was not planning on going this far with the mods up until recently.

Your AR DP will have the appropriate o2 bungs. If you want to run a BMS o2 sim, it will plug into your ECU.

-BMS WW meth kit . . . I'm just looking to run a standard -20* WW fluid as my meth source, so ~33% meth. Can Cobb through AT have it so it just lets the meth in during WOT? Or is it always going to be pushing the meth and sucking my WW tank dry every few days? Is there another source for a meth WW kit besides BMS that I should look at?

You cannot run BMS WW meth kit with cobb. it is made to run with the JB4. You need to run a kit with some type of trigger like a boost pressure switch or something. A couple people are running a basic devil's own kit with the cobb but most are running aquamist HFS-3 or HFS-4. Cobb will not control any meth kit since it is a flash tune.

-BMS meth elbow . . . should work with the OEM charge pipe just fine from the posts I've seen.

Yes will work fine

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by El Duce Click here to enlarge
    So it looks like I'll finally be getting the car back from the dealership after they fixed the water pump (after they broke the new one). The next stop is to the body shop to get a scratch fixed, but then the parts start to go on after that.

Regarding that last step, I need to start collecting parts for this and need to make sure what I have is the right stuff for the job.

-Forge Diverter Valves . . . seems straight forward and should install in the OEM charge pipe.

Parts I already have: ETS 5" FMIC, Quaife LSD, K&N drop in filter, Cobb Stage 1+FMIC

Thanks again for the help.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

^ Good suggestions overall...one thing to note is I'd suggest getting meth bungs made for silicone couplers from howertonengineering.com (Jeff Howerton) and have these installed 2-3" apart on the FMIC outlet silicone coupler. They have two types, one is made for a 4mm thick silicone coupler and the other for a 5mm. You'll need to measure the thickness of you silicone coupler to choose the appropriate one for a really nice snug fit.

The reason to place these on the FMIC outlet coupler is to give meth the most amount of time to atomize and cool the charge as it moves towards the engine. With stock turbos you'd run either two 1mm nozzles or a 1 and a 0.9mm nozzle which is plenty of meth.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    +1 for ar dp's Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Kai @ AR Design Click here to enlarge
    +1 for ar dp's Click here to enlarge
    Still waiting on those pics of the ceramic coatings. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

I have AR DP's with the bms DP fix and had no issues passing emissions....u should be fine.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by El Duce Click here to enlarge
    Still waiting on those pics of the ceramic coatings. Click here to enlarge
    @Kai @ AR Design

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Still waiting on the coater....

Satin black in hiding Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That looks pretty decent. Is there any additional cost for the ceramic coated DPs?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey that's pretty nice Kai
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ​Those are beautiful.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Kai @ AR Design Click here to enlarge

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...23690000-1.jpg
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...23690000-1.jpg
    And the other colors? Click here to enlarge Would like to order yesterday, but literally just waiting on the pics of the coatings.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MikeB Click here to enlarge
    That looks pretty decent. Is there any additional cost for the ceramic coated DPs?
    There is an additional cost to have them ceramic coated, but it really helps keep hear out of the engine bay.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I didnt read everyone's reply so I will try my best..

Im running VRSF downpipes and they preform awesome. No real reason to get AR unless you really just want the name, they are both GREAT downpipes. AR is Just more expensive. I dont understand why you're not getting catless (if thats what you mean by resonator). You will not need anything extra welded into AR or VRSF downpipes. Yes you can run the Burger O2 sensor in both.

I have Forge DV's, they work awesome!! BUT you might want to look into buying a used chargepipe/BOV (or DV) combo that has meth bungs in the actual chargepipe, as I seen you want to run Meth

I would not run a Windshield wiper tank setup, to many bad things can happen with you have meth in the little WW tank. Buy a tank and put it in your trunk! The pump/controller is fine. You might want to look into a progressive system as well.

I would suggest a charge-pipe with meth bungs, read above under the DV's combo.
    Last edited by Legionofboom; 08-20-2012 at 12:31 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Here is Satin Aluminum and Satin Black (finally got actual samples, but only these two Click here to enlarge )
    Click here to enlarge

Satin Titanium is almost like a khaki color.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cZr2b3d9W2qVuy Click here to enlarge
    Since then. the first martial arts just for purely the childhood innocence hero dream. many people ignore composite training exercises of the action, should not stay up all night, shortly before in the provincial capital Jinan hosted the Eleventh National Games. declared union of Bazhou elderly Sports Association (Shanxi (12) 1. Pilates , let them choose a new way of life.both in the beginning or end of the action flexibility; private education generally help members develop fitness plans. from the thin fat. due to increase weight and avoid overtraining. (2) treadmill: on a treadmill according to their needs, kennel Bird's Nest D. Psychologically.
    Bye. @Sticky