Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Abu Dhabi based tuner claims to have first modified X6 M turbos - 724 hp N63/S63

ALSA Automotive Engineering is claiming to have completed a set of upgraded turbos for the X6 M. They modified the compressor wheels and upped the boost to 26 psi from the standard 17.4 psi. The vehicle also has high flow cats with full exhaust as well as custom tuning.

ALSA is using 30% drivetrain loss to come up with their 724 hp figure which we feel is wrong. At the most, 25% should be used a tuner should be conservative with drivetrain losses instead of using larger numbers to show inflated crank figures. Additionally, there is no graph posted or any details as to what fuel the run was made on.

The dyno is stated to read 557 whp but they do not state what type of dyno is being used. After some research, we found out they have a Dynacom 3000 Series 4 Wheel Chassis Dynomete which we are not familiar with. No baseline is established as well which further leads to questioning of the 30% drivetrain loss claim.

We also do not have any pictures of the hardware itself but we do know they are asking $18,840 for the upgrade. We recommend any owners itching for more power to stick with tunes for the moment until more information is presented.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    i used a dynocom before not sure what model.. I believe thats what they use at injectionconnection.com They said it should read within 3percent of dynojet.. In my experience id say they read little higher.. I should stop by there and dyno to see how it compares..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge
    i used a dynocom before not sure what model.. I believe thats what they use at injectionconnection.com They said it should read within 3percent of dynojet.. In my experience id say they read little higher.. I should stop by there and dyno to see how it compares..
    Interesting, I don't know of anyone with a dynocom. 3% of a dynojet is good enough for me Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I used it a couple times when i was sc... I use a dynojet mostly so its easy to compare with others.. My smg acts gay so dynojets are the only ones i can use.. Mustangs and dynopak never let me reach 8k.. Who knows why i was told i might need gt1 tool.. Dynojets do the job.. Ill have vbox soon..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Shady results...
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Shady results...
    They said they were going to e-mail me graphs and photos so we will see...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wouldnt trust ALSA with $#@!! Stick to trusted and known tuners and I bet you my nuts that they have $#@!e warranty coverage etc..............
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    I wouldnt trust ALSA with $#@!! Stick to trusted and known tuners and I bet you my nuts that they have $#@!e warranty coverage etc..............
    Why wouldn't you trust ALSA? Are you familiar with them?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Dubai has some good international tuners who are there basically to rip off the rich residents, thats where they make their money! ALSA have jack as their history in tuning and horrific creations. I as a shop wouldnt bother with them cos i know that i would not get the back up warranty and servcie etc without beating my head against the wall!

Basically stick to tried and tested!
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    Dubai has some good international tuners who are there basically to rip off the rich residents, thats where they make their money! ALSA have jack as their history in tuning and horrific creations. I as a shop wouldnt bother with them cos i know that i would not get the back up warranty and servcie etc without beating my head against the wall!

Basically stick to tried and tested!
    I see what you are saying, yes, they certainly don't have a long history with this level of upgrades in BMW tuning.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is a quote from one of the guys at ALSA

"Hey guys, this upgrade costs 67,000 aed installed at our facility, which comes out to be around 18,150 usd. I believe we are the only people in the world to have modified the left turning turbochargers and I am glad to race anyone claiming they have modified them already! We will also be installing headers soon, which is the main and from my sources the only difference between the new M5 engine and the current engine in the X6 and X5 M."
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
    This is a quote from one of the guys at ALSA

"Hey guys, this upgrade costs 67,000 aed installed at our facility, which comes out to be around 18,150 usd. I believe we are the only people in the world to have modified the left turning turbochargers and I am glad to race anyone claiming they have modified them already! We will also be installing headers soon, which is the main and from my sources the only difference between the new M5 engine and the current engine in the X6 and X5 M."
    And then not long after KABOOM! Click here to enlarge

The thing is we will never hear the negatives about this mod. If a customer came up to me and begged me to do this and offered me double the money I wouldnt cos me and my company wouldnt believe in this from a guarantee/reliability/etc etc point of view. Also reputation is everything and if the engine blew or anythnig else failed all fingers will point at me no matter what!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think it Alex had a go at it. that X6M would have been 1000whp by now
    Current: 964 WB, 993, Panamera Turbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by EUGENE-Taiwan Click here to enlarge
    I think it Alex had a go at it. that X6M would have been 1000whp by now
    True to an extent, on the stock turbos probably too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is it the same shop run by some dudes called Mohammed and Tim? If so i wouldn't let them do anything to my car on their own, specially after that 1000+ HP SL65 upgraded turbos claim.
    They are just a seller for big names like AMS, that's it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Is it the same shop run by some dudes called Mohammed and Tim? If so i wouldn't let them do anything to my car on their own, specially after that 1000+ HP SL65 upgraded turbos claim.
    They are just a seller for big names like AMS, that's it.
    Not a 100% sure on that but there are a lot of illusions especially in Dubai.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not a 100% sure on that but there are a lot of illusions especially in Dubai.
    No offense, but this is why I don't take these kinds of tuners seriously.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    No offense, but this is why I don't take these kinds of tuners seriously.
    None taken and I agree with you completely. Hell I live in a neighboring country and dont buy anything from there. I KNOW BETTER than to! LOL
    Click here to enlarge