Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well buy it...
    Yes, I believe that's the best way to acquire one...
    Looks like what ever direction I take from home, I have an e85 station within five or ten minutes drive. I can't avoid this. Literally.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Snertz Click here to enlarge
    Awesome news, thanks COBB / PTF!

Quick question since I'm running this on my 1M, is there any reason not to set one scalar value across the board?
    I would recommend using your calculated scalar as a multiplier for all of the values in the table.
    Josh Dankel
    ECU Engineer
    Click here to enlarge
    web | forum | blog | facebook | twitter | youtube

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    @Rob@Cobb , any chance of us I8AOS guys getting a scalar table like the 1M? I typically see higher fuel trims around peak torque and they 0 out up top. Would be great to be able to adjust by load and rpm!
    The DME is setup differently, but the single value scalar is a perfect, simple table to correct your fuel trims. If you try it, you'll see that your fuel trims will still be at (or close to) zero in the top end.
    Josh Dankel
    ECU Engineer
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Josh@Cobb Click here to enlarge
    The DME is setup differently, but the single value scalar is a perfect, simple table to correct your fuel trims. If you try it, you'll see that your fuel trims will still be at (or close to) zero in the top end.
    I'll have to do some playing this weekend, thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

I have been waiting for this!!!! LOL, I just lowered to 30% E85 this morning as I was maxing out my fuel trims..
    Can't wait to burn thru this tank and fill up with 100% E85.. The fill up with E85 & pump gas was getting old..

Thanks Cobb Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Is this calculation correct?
    On 50 ltr, 50/50 mix results in around 42% ethanol?
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    Is this calculation correct?
    On 50 ltr, 50/50 mix results in around 42% ethanol?
    If your E85 is truly 85% ethanol, and assuming you have 10% ethanol in your pump gas (like most US gas), you would have a 48% ethanol concentration in the 50/50 mix.
    Josh Dankel
    ECU Engineer
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Good news here, thanks Cobb.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

X = % of E85 added to gasoline
    Y = actual % of ethanol in your E85
    Z = % of ethanol in your pump gasoline

(X * Y) + ((1 - X) * Z) = overall ethanol content

So if your E85 is really 85%, and your mix is 30% E85 to gasoline, and your gasoline is 10% ethanol from the pump...

X = 30%
    Y = 85%
    Z = 10%

(.30 * .85) + ((1 - .30) * .10) = .325 or 32.5% ethanol

- Gary

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

WOOT GREAT NEWS for the e85 users. thank you COBB AND PTF.
    08 335i | Space Gray | Burl Walnut Wood Trim | Sport pkg | Premium Pkg | LOGIC7 | Navi | Comfort Access

| COBB | Injen DCI | Active Autowerke | Sonic Tuning | E92 Lighting | ER | HKS | BMS |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Here's a ethanol level calculator I use:

http://www.intercepteft.com/calc.html
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Someone please, please run straight e85 and report results... timing, mpgs, miles to empty and dyno sheet. This is beyond sexy right now...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

So assuming Cobb and PTF have been working with straight e85 for a while, and straight e85 tuning on a DI system is brand new to many, here's a million dollar question:

Q) Assuming 4.02 OTS Stg2+ agg map, fuel-scaled for 100% e85, FBO stock turbo no meth; does one find more power at richer or leaner gas AFR values in the high-load columns of the main fuel tables?

In other words I strap the car down on a dyno and everything is identicle between runs except for AFR. I do three pulls and change only AFR (as gas AFR) for all pertinant WOT cells; run 1 = 11.5, run 2 = 12.0, and run 3 = 12.5...

Which nets more power? On stock turbos, which AFR strategy ultimately allows for highest MBT after timing changes are considered?

Pretty straight forward for any PI platform and turbo combo, but I'm a n00b to DI and e85 tuning, thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Dfv2; 07-26-2012 at 01:51 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by COBB Tuning Click here to enlarge
    X = % of E85 added to gasoline
    Y = actual % of ethanol in your E85
    Z = % of ethanol in your pump gasoline

(X * Y) + ((1 - X) * Z) = overall ethanol content

So if your E85 is really 85%, and your mix is 30% E85 to gasoline, and your gasoline is 10% ethanol from the pump...

X = 30%
    Y = 85%
    Z = 10%

(.30 * .85) + ((1 - .30) * .10) = .325 or 32.5% ethanol

- Gary
    This is very helpful thanks!
    shell vpower in sweden has 5% ethanol while std 93 octane has 0% . A 50/50 mix yields 99 octane! Almost race gas!
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Be glad you have 0 Ethanol 93 octane available. Here in the states, the E10 93 octane is far more knock prone than 100% gasoline 93 octane.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dfv2 Click here to enlarge
    So assuming Cobb and PTF have been working with straight e85 for a while, and straight e85 tuning on a DI system is brand new to many, here's a million dollar question:

Q) Assuming 4.02 OTS Stg2+ agg map, fuel-scaled for 100% e85, FBO stock turbo no meth; does one find more power at richer or leaner gas AFR values in the high-load columns of the main fuel tables?

In other words I strap the car down on a dyno and everything is identicle between runs except for AFR. I do three pulls and change only AFR (as gas AFR) for all pertinant WOT cells; run 1 = 11.5, run 2 = 12.0, and run 3 = 12.5...

Which nets more power? On stock turbos, which AFR strategy ultimately allows for highest MBT after timing changes are considered?

Pretty straight forward for any PI platform and turbo combo, but I'm a n00b to DI and e85 tuning, thanks in advance!
    I've tuned a few 700whp Civics, STI's, Evo's on E85 and I like to be on the conservative side. I found the beauty of E85 allowed me to run richer AFR's (11-11.3afr) and net basically the same power as a 12.0afr pull.. ~~~~HP loss was VERY minimal~~~~ These cars even picked up TQ with the richer AFR so why not build in a safety margin and run the richer AFR's if your fuel system can support the flow.. Timing wise I would leave it the same as pump/meth.. E85 is a faster burning fuel and the car will naturally pick up power compared to pump gas, all things equal......Now with the N54 platform and DI I would love to see some dyno results..!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    Someone please, please run straight e85 and report results... timing, mpgs, miles to empty and dyno sheet. This is beyond sexy right now...
    I agree!!
    PERFORMANCE: Cobb AP \ JB4 \ DCI \ AR Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
    FUN: LC Lemans 19" \ M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boosted-M Click here to enlarge
    I've tuned a few 700whp Civics, STI's, Evo's on E85 and I like to be on the conservative side. I found the beauty of E85 allowed me to run richer AFR's (11-11.3afr) and net basically the same power as a 12.0afr pull.. ~~~~HP loss was VERY minimal~~~~ These cars even picked up TQ with the richer AFR so why not build in a safety margin and run the richer AFR's if your fuel system can support the flow.. Timing wise I would leave it the same as pump/meth.. E85 is a faster burning fuel and the car will naturally pick up power compared to pump gas, all things equal......Now with the N54 platform and DI I would love to see some dyno results..!
    This is the million dollar question... STI's, Evo's, etc all upgrade their injectors and fuel pump capacities when switching over to corn. There is basically no market for these components on the N54, so we need to know whether the DI hardware and the HPFP are up to the task to flow more fuel required to support 100% E85.
    Current: '00 S2000
    Previous: '15 M235i xDrive | '15 Macan S | '15 WRX STi | '06 Cayman S | '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boosted-M Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for the feedback.

I know E85 tuning strategy doesn't necessarily carry over across platforms, and after seeing Shiv's log of a 50/50 E85 map running 12.5 AFR across the board I started questioning the approach as again, I'm a total n00bert to DI tuning. Guess I will start logging and testing, but I'm still hoping PTF and/or Cobb can give me some E85 cliff notes on this platform.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Josh@Cobb Click here to enlarge
    Great now that we have the scalar, how about VE/load adjustments in the future... like for different hardware. I thought you all were doing this already for varying stages?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Anyone log IDC with fuel scalar employed and running E85? Did the scalar change the IDC, HPFP pressure, LPFP pressure, does it fool the vacuum that runs the HPFP? What is the scalar scaling?

T

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

In addition to fuel tables will there be a scaler released for timing tables on e85 and 104 octain race fuel?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I like where this is heading.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by harry Click here to enlarge
    In addition to fuel tables will there be a scaler released for timing tables on e85 and 104 octain race fuel?
    The timing tables are a direct edit based on RPM and actual load. Not sure i understand your question?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast