07-25-2012, 02:48 PM #1Supporting Vendor
- Join Date
- Feb 2010
- Rep Points
- 12 Post(s)
- Rep Power
AEM RELEASES the INFINITY STAND-ALONE PROGRAMMABLE ENGINE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Your wait is nearly over!!! Today AEM released the AEM Infinity Stand Alone. We have been in talks with them for several years now and the wait is finally over. Our versions will have special consideration for Flex Fuel, Wheels Speed Sensor input off the CAN Bus and other CAN capabilities, Driveshaft Speed sensor capabilities and True Dual Fuel switching. We are sending our techs and myself to AEM Infinity Training next month. What does this mean to you? Over the next few months we will "BEGIN" the integration of the AEM Infinity with all of our turbo systems. Our current AEM EMS is an amazing platform for our turbo systems and the E46 M3, but the new AEM Infinity allows us to add features we couldn't have done previously. For those that purchase our turbo systems over the next few months or have existing turbo systems, we will offer a patch harness to connect your existing HPF Turbo System to the new AEM Infinity EMS. The tunes for all of the various stages will take several months to complete but we will start on both HPF race cars and customers who want to ship their M3's to us to make the upgrade. These new tunes will have all of the advanced capabilities including true traction control and true E85 flex fuel capabilities.
Here are the details....
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
AEM Introduces the Infinity EMS
Cutting Edge Engine Management Software Architecture — Running on Lightning Fast, State-of-the-Art Hardware
July 25th, 2012, Hawthorne, CA—AEM has released the Infinity Programmable Engine Management System for race vehicles.
The Infinity’s primary automotive MCU is a 200 MHz, 32 bit processor with a math co-processor. It is able to process 400 MIPS. It includes up to 12 peak and hold injector drivers and up to 12 ignition outputs. Infinity’s USB technology downloads up to 480 Mb/second. The enclosure and connectors are sealed and suitable for engine bay mounting. It features a fully-sealed IP67 rated connection system.
AVAILABLE INFINITY ENGINE CONTROL SYSTEMS
The first release of AEM’s next-generation programmable engine management system includes the Infinity-6, Infinity-8, Infinity-10 and Infinity-12. Each system will have peak and hold injector drivers and ignition outputs equivalent to its name.
CLICK HERE for Infinity Specifications Chart
UNIVERSAL AND PLUG & PLAY HARNESSES
Plug & Play applications include a vehicle specific jumper harness(sold separately) and an application specific base map.
CLICK HERE for plug & play applications that include a vehicle specific adapter harness
InfinityTuner USER INTERFACE SOFTWARE
InfinityTuner features custom layouts, an ECU Setup Wizard, and data logging playback mode where all controls are synched to the logged data. This allows you to edit calibration data exactly where you need to and minimize your tuning time. AEMdata data logging analysis software is also included.
AIRFLOW MODEL BASED CALCULATIONS
Infinity system base models are airflow based and feature various modes for calculating air flow. This eliminates many of the lookup and trim tables (Correction Tables) which are necessary in previous generation ECUs.
FUEL CONTROL & IGNITION TIMING
The Infinity EMS calculates injector pulsewidth in units of 1/10th of a microsecond (0.0000001 second) and has NO practical crank tooth resolution limit. The Infinity’s back-end timing code is tested to 100,000 RPM.
Log 10 channels at up to 1KHz, 20 channels at up to 500Hz or 100 channels at up to 200Hz standard. Log 100 channels at up to 1 KHz using a high performance USB flash drive (not included). An included 4GB USB memory stick can be replaced with one up to 64GB. Users can also log direct to the PC at up to 500Hz.
DUAL INTERNAL WIDEBAND CONTROLLER
A built-in 2-channel Bosch wideband controller with automatic closed-loop heater control optimizes sensor performance and reliability. Full diagnostics software ensures reliable operation.
FLEX FUEL COMPENSATION
The Infinity’s core control model is designed for flex fuel compatibility. It makes automatic adjustments for ethanol content and applies them to fuel flow, ignition timing and boost target (ethanol content sensor is sold separately).
The infinity has the ability to run two separate fuel types simultaneously through staged fuel injection.
DUAL KNOCK SENSING
Dual knock signal conditioning circuits allow for precise measurements of knock levels.
A powerful input simulator feature allows the user to simulate operating conditions. This allows users to validate tuning changes before running the engine.
REAL-TIME ADVANCED DIAGNOSTICS
The Infinity’s diagnostics software constantly monitors signal and current quality to alert the user of an issue before it creates the potential for engine damage.
INTEGRATED ENGINE PROTECTION STRATEGIES
Available strategies are based on boost fuel cut, fuel pressure (injector flow compensated for variations in pressure, sensor required), oil pressure, RPM (rev limiter), coolant temperature, knock control with feedback and lean protection.
Infinity is AEMnet enabled and will communicate with another AEMnet-equipped device and output to 3rd party dash/logger devices (not all 3rd party dash/logger devices may be supported).
INFINITY EMS ADVANCED TUNING PACKAGE
Certain Advanced Tuning functions, hardware outputs and sensor inputs (see “Advanced Tuning Package” below) for the Infinity Programmable EMS are sold separately. Please contact an AEM Authorized Infinity Retailer or call AEM Performance Electronics at (310) 484-2322 for more info.
INFINITY EMS TECHNICAL SPECS:
• Up to 12 peak and hold injector drivers
• Up to 12 (0-5V) ignition outputs
• 3 analog temp inputs (Additional 3 with Advanced Tuning Package)
• 11 analog voltage inputs (Additional 6 with Advanced Tuning Package)
• 7 digital inputs (Additional 1 with Advanced Tuning Package)
• 4 VR/Mag differential pair inputs (Additional 2 with Advanced Tuning Package)
• 12 configurable outputs (Additional 1 with Advanced Tuning Package)
• Variable cam control (up to 4 cams, application dependent)
• Dual internal wideband controllers
• 2 H-Bridge drivers for drive-by wire (Application dependent. Requires Advanced Tuning Package)
• 32 Bit, 200MHz 400 MIPS primary microprocessor
• 20 MHz auxiliary microprocessor
• 6” L x 6” W x 2” H (1.125” H w/o connectors)
• 24 Ounces/680.4 Grams
• 129 pin, fully-sealed IP67 spec ECU enclosure and connectors
INFINITY EMS FEATURES:
• Compatible with most factory and performance aftermarket sensors
• Includes start up configurations (supported applications only)
• ECU set up wizard
• User interface features 3D graphics
• Internal simulator
• USB 2.0 High-Speed communications
• Tune using USB communication port (optional weatherproof extension cable sold separately)
• High-speed USB data logging to mass storage device (4GB included, tested to 64GB)
• Internal data logging playback mode on every channel, synchronized with all controls
• AEMdata data analysis software included
• 2-Channel CAN included
• Runs on Windows-compatible software
INFINITY EMS CAPABILITIES:
• Airflow model based calculations
• Fuel control resolution to 1/10th of a microsecond (.0000001 sec)
• Multi-fuel capable
• Flex fuel compensated – fuel, ignition and boost with blend
• Open-loop fuel pressure compensation
• Ignition table, 20x20
• VE airflow table, map vs. engine speed, 20x20
• Configurable coil dwell (RPM, voltage and load based)
• Individual cylinder ignition trim (RPM based)
• Individual cylinder fuel trim (RPM based)
• 3D ignition trim maps (coolant and air temp)
• VE-based engine startup
• Real-time sensor diagnostics
• Integrated engine protection strategies
• Dual internal wideband controllers
• Target Lambda table, 10x10
• User adjustable charge temperature blend (CLT/AIT, engine speed dependent)
• O2 lean-out protection
• Electronic boost control (time based or target based)
• Idle control (stepper and pulsewidth)
• Programmable traction control, 2-wheel speed or engine acceleration (4-wheel speed with Advanced Tuning Option)
• 2-channel adaptive knock control
• 2-step programmable launch control (3-step with Advanced Tuning Option)
• No-lift shifting (Requires Advanced Tuning Option)
• User configurable soft-cut rev limiters
• User configurable anti-lag
• Single stage wet or dry nitrous control coming soon (3-stage with Advanced Tuning Option, coming soon)
ADVANCED TUNING PACKAGE:
Advanced Tuning Functions:
• No-lift shift
• 4-wheel speed traction control
• 3-step launch control
• Drive by wire (application dependent, coming soon)
• 3-stage nitrous control (coming soon)
Advanced Tuning Hardware Outputs:
• 1 high side driver (coming soon)
• 2 H-bridge channels
Advanced Tuning Inputs:
• 2 analog voltage inputs (4 additional coming soon)
• 2 VR/Mag differential pair inputs
• 1 digital/frequency input (coming soon)
• 3 analog temp inputs (coming soon)
Please visit www.aemelectronics.com or call (310) 484-2322 for more information or to find an Authorized AEM Electronics dealer or Factory-Trained tuner.
AEM’s Infinity Programmable Engine Management System is legal in California only for racing vehicles which may never be used upon a public road or highway.
AEM's Infinity Programmable Engine Management System is legal solely for vehicles used in competition which may never be used upon a public road or highway.
This installation is not for the tuning novice! Use this system with EXTREME caution! The AEM EMS System allows for total flexibility in engine tuning. Misuse or improper tuning of this product can destroy your engine! If you are not well versed in engine dynamics and the tuning of engine management systems DO NOT attempt the installation. Refer the installation to an AEM Authorized Infinity Retailer or call 800-423-0046 for technical assistance. You must also visit the AEM Tech Forum at http://forum.aempower.com/forum/ to ensure that you are using the most current information and software.
All supplied AEM calibrations, Wizards and other tuning information are offered as potential starting points only. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE ENGINE TUNER TO ULTIMATELY CONFIRM IF THE CALIBRATION IS SAFE FOR ITS INTENDED USE. AEM holds no responsibility for any engine damage that results from the misuse or mistuning of this product!
For technical assistance, please visit our forum or visit our dealer locator for an AEM Authorized Infinity Retailer near you.
Advanced Engine Management’s performance electronics are Engineered to Outperform. The company designs, manufactures and assembles engine management systems, wideband air/fuel systems, water/methanol injection systems, performance gauges, boost controllers, ignition components, fuel delivery components and adjustable cam gears at its corporate headquarters in Hawthorne, CA.
07-25-2012, 07:37 PM #2
Someone I know has had one "officially" since April. So far so good.
How long have you planned your R&D program to take before orders are taken?Rep Points > Posts since 2010
07-26-2012, 03:46 AM #3
Would it be possible to get a feature breakdown as far as what the Infinity offers over your current AEM EMS?Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338