Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

New to Bimmers and looking

I wife and I are stationed in Germany and are possibly looking to buy a new convertible 135i. Now with all the e**'s and N**'s it's hard to look for parts since I don't really understand what I'm looking for. I've tried to research and came to the conclusion I should be looking for E82 N54 parts, true? I also found that the JB4 setup seems to be the "best" out there even though there isn't much. I have a fully built Subaru STI making 436/426 on 93oct and my wife wants her 1 series to be close to it. Could anyone point me in a better direction than what I've found?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ArmysSoldierboy Click here to enlarge
    Could anyone point me in a better direction than what I've found
    Actually for a convertible chassis you'd be looking for an E88 chassis.
    There are 2 types of 3 liter turbo engines for this 135i series.
    The older N54 engine has 2 turbos , while the newer ( > 2010) models have the N55 engine that has 1 twinscroll turbo.
    Both are tunable, but for the N54 more tunes are available, and it is more easy to tune.
    The easiest tune available for an N54 is a COBB tune for it is programmable direct thrue the OBDII port.
    The BMS JB4 is also a great option but requires about an hour work to implement. Easily done though, not complicated at all.
    If you really need to be a close match to your STI you'd need to go FBO, with downpipes, FMIC and meth injection. For handling a LSD would be desirable a that point.
    If you want her to pass you you'd need a RB turbo upgrade.

Hope this helps.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for the info. All I could find was dp's, cbe's, fmic's, charge pipes, intakes and cobb's access port. I run one on my subie as well Click here to enlarge I'll look into the rb turbo's.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ArmysSoldierboy Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for the info. All I could find was dp's, cbe's, fmic's, charge pipes, intakes and cobb's access port. I run one on my subie as well Click here to enlarge I'll look into the rb turbo's.
    Take a look in the N54 motor section for engine parts/tuning.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We can get a good deal on new bmw's here in Germany US spec so it would be of the n55 then. It's a start though. I don't want to mess with meth either.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Welcome.

There are not much tunes available for N55 compared to N54. I had a JB, it's good thing. Wish it wasn't a piggyback, but still works better than pretty much anything else offered so far.

For intake, there are aFe, Injen, Gruppe M and BMS intakes. Personally i like the aFe more than the others.

Regarding to downpipe, there are AR Design , CP-E , Agency Powers, Berk Technology etc... And you can't go wrong with them.

For exhaust, there are too many options to go. It just depends on your needs and pocket.

Good Luck.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you all for your help. I am VERY involved with forums for Subaru's so I know how it is every time a new guy comes on here saying "what's the best....". I know NOTHING about bmw's lol Thank you again.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Welcome!

This place has plenty of info. Im sure you will find what you are looking for..if not dont hesitate to ask Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Welcome to the forums man. I got my car from the military sales in Europe. Just a couple of tips. Make sure you understand the difference between the EU and US warranties. EU dealers do things different than from the US ones when it comes to servicing the car. And shop arround between the different Military dealers, I know there are a few of them in the area. I got mine through Bavarian Motor Cars. I think the other ones are Pentagon and Superior Motors. They all got websites, just make sure to read about what they can offer to make your decision. Even though they say tax free, it migt not be. Depending on the state you register your car in when you go back, they'll charge you tax on what you owe on the car at the time.

If you have any questions, shoot me a pm
    2010 335i Coupe Le Mans Blue
    *JB4 Powered*