Yes Reputation No
    Interesting link Mspired.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

ICS BUILD AA STG 2 e46 330ci meth 270HP WTF

I have a BMW 2003 330ci with an m3 transmission m3 differential ebay headers wilwood bbk, about 3 months ago i bought an Active Autowerke c38 supercharger kit with the meth injection option, i'm a mechanic but i have no experience with force induction i try to put the kit together over a weekend i started on a friday and by that monday i had everything together the blower, meth kit, injectors the problem i had was with the lines under the intake that i had to plugged and the charge pipes i was tire and i did not want to work on the car any more so i when on the forums to look for a shop near me i read some good feedback about ICS in ct i called ICS.

i spoke to George there i told him the situation he told me he would communicate with me constantly so put my trust in him about 3 weeks later my car was ready or so i thought the bill was for $2400 why so high? well the tech working on my car couldnt fit the active bov so ICS modified my snail pipe and put a hks one, active autowerke design the kit to work on a 330ci so the active bov did fit they just did not know how to make it fit still all i wanted was my car back in good running condition so i paid him in cash as soon as i hit the highway the eml light came on right then and there i notice the check engine light on my car was gone a closer look at the screws holding the cluster one was missing other one was loose. while driving the car back i called up ICS i spoke to GEORGE i told him about the eml light he said is provably a leak bring it back in a couple of weeks, by the time i got home the car was running very rich so rich i got sick i smelled like gas so bad.

I called AA they said i have a huge boost leak thats the only reason the eml light is on, i put in a innovated wideband and boost gauge to check the numbers i was only building 5psi so i brought the car back to ICS for the 2nd time 2 weeks later they found the problem a line that was suppose to be plugged was leaking a boost leak at that point i paid $100 this is when i found that they broke the cable to the door handle.

while driving back the EML LIGHT came back on, so i called ICS GEORGE blame it on the tuning so i called active the next day they said you have more boost leaks i when on e46 fanactics and they said it should be a boost leak so i drove the car like that until i found the engine building up pressure, when i open the oil cap a huge amount of pressure came up, this was on a sunday that same day i drove the car to ICS George look at it he suggested a oil catch can he told me hpf sells one for 500 he said he would make one for 350 he said that would solve the problem so i told him go ahead do it.

3 weeks later after a week of calling ICS i was told the car was ready this was the 3rd time they told me this so i came prepare with a scantool, when i got to ICS GEORGE showed me the car and the oil catch can it look like pure crap i mean the lines were not even secure. and the line that use to go to the valve cover was covered with electric tape when i saw all this i asked to see the dyno chart the numbers where 250 when i hinted it was suppose to be in the 300s he when in his iphone he multiply some numbers and he told me the real reading was 290 so then and there i called active to resolve this issue i got Carl from ACTIVE AUTOWERKE on the phone with GEORGE, george said that it maybe the eninge it self so he did a compression test and the compression was good so then he hook it up to a smoke machine and the leaks surface from everywhere from the line that had electric tape from the intercooler boost lines from under the intake manifold at that point GEORGE Said he had to take out the intake manifold and fix the leaks, i was thinking this should had been done when the kit was put together, still i was liable for the mistakes done by George at ICS. So 3 weeks pass and i started calling George was never there when i called but when i used spoof card to call him he pick up his phone promtly but he was on to me and he figured it out. My car had been down about 2 months i was desperate George said he would work on my car between cars so he wouldnt charge me im thinking to myself you mess up on the install and then i have to pay. so for about a week i when down to ics on a daily basis that was the only way to reach George everytime i was there my car wasnt being worked on worst of all the shop was full about 10 bays all full and only 3 mechanics im thinking to myself my car is gonna be here forever. So last week finally on friday i was fed up and told the guy answering the phone to have my car ready he was very nice and he told me to give him until monday, monday i called all day nick told me the car wasnt going to be ready at this point i took the train down to ICS i told him have my car ready and have a bill ready for me. I get there the bill is huge $1400 i check the bill a blank page with some numbers it read oil catch can $450 at that point i told the guy listen i dont want it you can have it back, I pay the guy i go to open my hood the lever is broken i go to check my oil the dipstick is broken so i flipped on the guy im like wtf how am gonna open my hood he says oh i can't fix it is 5-30, i drive down the street and when i brake the car feels like is going to brake itself i know its the lower control arm but im confuse cus i bought then new and i put new powerflex bushings i heard of then going bad but 2 weeks thats crasie so i bring the car back and the bushings are broken driver side at this point i know they did it so i wouldnt drive the car back like that but i drove it back and i almost got into an accident.

So i when online to the forums i ussually go to e46 and bimmerforums and i tell then about my tale 2 hours later George text messages me and emails me he wants to make things right he wants to fix the car, tells me how he spend 8 hours diagnosting the car im already fed up so i denied his offer while working on the car i called active autowerke for some support CARL asked me to hook up the cat to a scantool and check the short term fuel trim so i did the readings for bank 1 sensor 1 n 2 are 0 so carl told me to check the fuse it was bad i changed it and it when bad again i disconnect the sensors new fuse they go bad again at this point i know theres a short on the line what did i use a scantool wroth $100 and a fuse tester so at this point i take a look at the powerflex bushing the passeger side and it looks like someone cut it with an sharp blade, i take out the cluster and its missing half of its screws.

ICS CLAIMS my car was like that but i never had the eml light on and the only o2 issues i had where due to me having ebay headers, it took ICS 2 Months and they couldnt solve my problem it took me one hour to fix it, the problem with ICS is they dont have enought techs to handle the work i mean the techs are over worked i dont blame then i blame GEORGE I dont know who was recklessly working on my car and destroying everything in their path but i dont recommend anyone take their car to ICS.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Interesting.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I plan on getting a 330ci, what's your overall though of the car? Post some pics if you got them as well.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    You guys have no idea.. a one sided story as usual... Don't polute this thread start a new thread and pollute it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Christian, first off this car was dropped off to ICS due to the fact it was not wrenched properly. The car was wrenched on by yourself and the AA Kit was not installed properly to say the least.

The car has numerous issues, such as a manual swap from Automatic, all the O2 Sensor are within 2 inches of each other when you decided to fabricate your exhaust, the intake manifold was leaking and the breather system was pressurizing the crankcase heavily.

The vehicle is supposed to make 340 whp on 11 PSI, I drained the fuel, installed a new fuel filter, boost leak test, compression test, new spark plugs etc and 8-10 hours of diagnostic time I did not charge you for, also I only charged you for a fraction of the dyno time.

You claim the door panel handle was broken...I wish I had pictures of your car to post the condition in which it was dropped off to me, such as door panels loose and even dangling because they were not even fastened with any hardware. As far as your dipstick, it literally fell apart in my hand when I was checking your oil level. it wasn't a malicious attack against you or abuse to your car.

And their you have it... no more no less..

I worked on your car in between other cars, I did not charge you for allot of the labor that I put into it. I did this to help you so you would not accumulate a tremendous amount of fees. I explained to you give us some time to look further into the issues you were having, such as the 6 codes the appeared as soon as you make a pull on the dyno.. You have a serious electrical issue which may be an ECU issue hence you're making 11 psi. your air fuel is on the money but you're only making 280 whp.

A vehicle such as yours requires lots of diagnostics to say the least.. It's very tough to diagnosis a vehicle that is supposed to function with the proper hardware as such you have.

I have installed SO many AA Kits and never have seen the issues in which your vehicle is having.

I do the best I can, I do not appreciate numerous phone calls a day for your car. I understand that you want it finished as anybody else would but your car is a serious disaster and it will take a very long time to get it working properly. As with any other customer, I would have called you when the car was going to be finished, I would have phoned you and I would keep you updated but you never stopped calling me.

as for your car's control arm bushings, how could you come to the conclusion that I or someone in my shop would destroy your aftermarket bushings? the truth is that you installed them yourself and you failed at installing them properly and they fell apart and one even fell out before it arrived to the shop. again your car was a mess when you brought it to us. you tried to install your supercharger kit, it was a bit over your head so you brought it to the shop to try and fix the installation. we spent many hours trying to see what you did wrong along with modifications that you did to your car that caused other problems and now you're trying to blame us for your mistakes, that's just uncalled for.

As I stated in a P.M correctly repair your control arm bushing, take a day off of work, I will personally donate my time and lets get to the route of the issues with you vehicle and sort them out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    wow interesting read for sure
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ICS Performance Click here to enlarge
    You guys have no idea.. a one sided story as usual... Don't polute this thread start a new thread and pollute it.
    I would love to hear your story. I see what you wrote right above my post and you admit that the dipstick broke in your hand. Now I understand that the customer did not come in for a 19.99 dollar oil change. He came in with a 3k dollar estimate. So the customer is spending a CONSIDERABLE amount of money with you.

So what would be the ethically correct thing to do? Order a new dipstick from bmw for 24.99 and just give it to the customer since you are already taking 3000 of his dollars and can prob tack it on the bill somewhere as shop expense? Or not replace it? Or replace it with the incorrect 1?

No what did you do? You replaced it with a USED INCORRECT SIZE DIPSTICK Click here to enlarge . .

Now this leads a few different assumptions. You and youre shop is incompetent and should not be fixing cars or working with them.

OR

You purposely put in the wrong dipstick since the customers car was already a mess so that maybe Oil would run low and the motor would blow up so you can get more money from the client? Maybe breaking of the dipstick was on purpose? Maybe not? either way ICS, I would not feel safe sending my grandma in for an oil change with her buic to your shop.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ICS Performance Click here to enlarge
    Christian, first off this car was dropped off to ICS due to the fact it was not wrenched properly. The car was wrenched on by yourself and the AA Kit was not installed properly to say the least.

The car has numerous issues, such as a manual swap from Automatic, all the O2 Sensor are within 2 inches of each other when you decided to fabricate your exhaust, the intake manifold was leaking and the breather system was pressurizing the crankcase heavily.

The vehicle is supposed to make 340 whp on 11 PSI, I drained the fuel, installed a new fuel filter, boost leak test, compression test, new spark plugs etc and 8-10 hours of diagnostic time I did not charge you for, also I only charged you for a fraction of the dyno time.

You claim the door panel handle was broken...I wish I had pictures of your car to post the condition in which it was dropped off to me, such as door panels loose and even dangling because they were not even fastened with any hardware. As far as your dipstick, it literally fell apart in my hand when I was checking your oil level. it wasn't a malicious attack against you or abuse to your car.

And their you have it... no more no less..

I worked on your car in between other cars, I did not charge you for allot of the labor that I put into it. I did this to help you so you would not accumulate a tremendous amount of fees. I explained to you give us some time to look further into the issues you were having, such as the 6 codes the appeared as soon as you make a pull on the dyno.. You have a serious electrical issue which may be an ECU issue hence you're making 11 psi. your air fuel is on the money but you're only making 280 whp.

A vehicle such as yours requires lots of diagnostics to say the least.. It's very tough to diagnosis a vehicle that is supposed to function with the proper hardware as such you have.

I have installed SO many AA Kits and never have seen the issues in which your vehicle is having.

I do the best I can, I do not appreciate numerous phone calls a day for your car. I understand that you want it finished as anybody else would but your car is a serious disaster and it will take a very long time to get it working properly. As with any other customer, I would have called you when the car was going to be finished, I would have phoned you and I would keep you updated but you never stopped calling me.

as for your car's control arm bushings, how could you come to the conclusion that I or someone in my shop would destroy your aftermarket bushings? the truth is that you installed them yourself and you failed at installing them properly and they fell apart and one even fell out before it arrived to the shop. again your car was a mess when you brought it to us. you tried to install your supercharger kit, it was a bit over your head so you brought it to the shop to try and fix the installation. we spent many hours trying to see what you did wrong along with modifications that you did to your car that caused other problems and now you're trying to blame us for your mistakes, that's just uncalled for.

As I stated in a P.M correctly repair your control arm bushing, take a day off of work, I will personally donate my time and lets get to the route of the issues with you vehicle and sort them out.
    Thank you for providing your perspective.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 05m3smg Click here to enlarge
    I would love to hear your story. I see what you wrote right above my post and you admit that the dipstick broke in your hand. Now I understand that the customer did not come in for a 19.99 dollar oil change. He came in with a 3k dollar estimate. So the customer is spending a CONSIDERABLE amount of money with you.

So what would be the ethically correct thing to do? Order a new dipstick from bmw for 24.99 and just give it to the customer since you are already taking 3000 of his dollars and can prob tack it on the bill somewhere as shop expense? Or not replace it? Or replace it with the incorrect 1?

No what did you do? You replaced it with a USED INCORRECT SIZE DIPSTICK Click here to enlarge . .

Now this leads a few different assumptions. You and youre shop is incompetent and should not be fixing cars or working with them.

OR

You purposely put in the wrong dipstick since the customers car was already a mess so that maybe Oil would run low and the motor would blow up so you can get more money from the client? Maybe breaking of the dipstick was on purpose? Maybe not? either way ICS, I would not feel safe sending my grandma in for an oil change with her buic to your shop.
    The wrong size dipstick was used? I'll wait to see what George says before judging this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Keep it in one thread Mike...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We're not here to judge.
    Click here to enlarge
    milkt org

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by milkt Click here to enlarge
    We're not here to judge.
    Well then, how about all the info before coming to a conclusion? We will keep this talk all in the same thread, moving these posts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well then, how about all the info before coming to a conclusion? We will keep this talk all in the same thread, moving these posts.
    Can you agree with me that sometimes a spade is a spade? Black is black. White is white.... Other times things are gray. Just put 1 of ur loved 1's in the OP's situation. Think about it.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 05m3smg Click here to enlarge
    Can you agree with me that sometimes a spade is a spade? Black is black. White is white.... Other times things are gray. Just put 1 of ur loved 1's in the OP's situation. Think about it.
    Sometimes that is the case. Is that the case here? I don't think so, not after I saw the additional details. I'm just waiting to hear what else George has to add.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Sometimes that is the case. Is that the case here? I don't think so, not after I saw the additional details. I'm just waiting to hear what else George has to add.
    Im not quick to judge.

Additional details?

OP's car was a mess
    OP is not very litarate
    OP handed over 3k dollars

Now think about it. Does that seem like a easy target? Does the OP sound like a "sucker" as soon as he walked in the shop? Take a look at post 54

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...1483913&page=3

No I don't work at ICS, I said I was helping george out, as in answering phones, running errands etc. I don't touch customers cars, thats all for the techs. It gets busy around there so an extra hand always helps with all the administrative stuff. Additionally you shouldn't speak too soon, I could be a BMW master tech for all you know... To be more specific I was called into the garage by the techs to check out the abomination of a "car" that was brought in to the garage. I then continued to laugh for a good rest of the day based on the condition of the car. It is unbelievable that someone could take such a nice car and treat it so badly.

Either way unless you have some hard factual opinion about this matter then chime in, if you don't know then keep out of others business. What you are doing is called gossiping. Like I said I was there when the car came in and it was a POS before it came in so I believe that I have valuable information pertaining to the whole situation.

I quoted it as well.. Sounds to me the whole shop was laughing at this easy basket case. Come on sticky... Is that proffessional? That sounds like a typical customer at any shop. Thats something I would expect from a jiffy lube, not a proffesional performance shop....
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^ No, that is not professional but the OP does not do himself any favors with the way he presents it.

The car clearly was in poor shape.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If this was the first time I was reading about this type of behavior from ICS, then I wouldn't be trippign and would just overlook this as a mis-communication and an outlier of an event. BUT, this isn't the first time... How many times have we heard similar stories now?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Scorpion Click here to enlarge
    I plan on getting a 330ci, what's your overall though of the car? Post some pics if you got them as well.
    i love the car but the m3 are cheap now i would go for a m when i got it the m was out of my reach

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ICS lacks common sense i mean visually you can tell from far the dipsticks are different, anyone else would had overfilled their engine with oil...

in addition to evrything i left with a broken control arm bushing the techs knew about it and kept it to themselves, now i know everybody makes mistakes but 3 broken parts that's just reckless, these guys should not be working on cars maybe in a junk yard at least there is normal to dismantle cars. although my car needs a paint job the engine was in good working condition, now i got a shorted line coming from the 02 sensors, a missing check engine light, the cluster is missing half of its screws... They try to charge me $450 for a oil catch can that looks like crap, the air filter on top is from auto zone and the rest is a piece of pipe welded now does that sound like its wroth $450? they could not fit the bov the kit came with and sold a hks one the list goes on and on i'm just happy my car is out of ICS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Damn, who gave me a negative rep :/.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Scorpion Click here to enlarge
    Damn, who gave me a negative rep :/.
    Someone with no rep power and I don't know why they gave you a neg rep for that, I cleared it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Can I rep some people?
    Or am I still, well, you know...
    Click here to enlarge
    milkt org

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast