Close

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 187
  1. #126
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Harrisburg
    Posts
    1,281
    Rep Points
    1,556.3
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    you have a leak, check all your vacuum lines first. than all the usual chargepipe and ic connections.
    I agree with you 100%, I was just trying to narrow it down by looking at the log. I figured a boost leak would look different on a log than a vacuum leak, but I don't have enough experience to tell them apart by looking at the graphs.

    I have new vacuum lines coming so maybe I'll just replace them all first, and check again.

  2. #127
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Harrisburg
    Posts
    1,281
    Rep Points
    1,556.3
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    I replaced the vacuum lines that run behind the oil filter housing during valve cover gasket replacement. That seems to have fixed the problem. I wouldn't be surprised if there are more leaks in the vacuum lines because when the solenoids did open, vacuum never built back up (see post 124, plot 2). I will replace the rest of the lines as well, after seeing how bad the two were that run behind the oil filter housing. It's beyond me why BMW didn't use silicon vacuum lines to begin with. The lines I replaced were clearly fatigued/dry rotted due to heat cycling and probably vibration.

    Click here to enlarge

  3. #128
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Va
    Posts
    33
    Rep Points
    75.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Sorry this may be a thread hijack but could someone tell me given my mods below what is a good safe day to day map to have on my 6sp 135i? I want as much power as I can get without overly taxing the car or greatly increasing the chances of breaking something.

    Mods: AR Catted DPs, Berk Street Perf. Exhaust, ER Competition Intercooler, ER Sport Oil Cooler, aFe Stg 2 Intake, BMS Oil catch can, Cobb. Is it easy & relatively inexpensive to get a tune custom tailored to the car and should I even bother given the setup I have? Right now I have an OTS map Stage 1 + FMIC Aggressive.

    I appreciate any advice. I don't race the car other than the occasional mad dash from a stoplight. Traction is an issue in 1st, 2nd - guess I can do a better job of modulating it.

  4. #129
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,971
    Rep Points
    2,932.4
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    30


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lucad Click here to enlarge
    Sorry this may be a thread hijack but could someone tell me given my mods below what is a good safe day to day map to have on my 6sp 135i? I want as much power as I can get without overly taxing the car or greatly increasing the chances of breaking something.

    Mods: AR Catted DPs, Berk Street Perf. Exhaust, ER Competition Intercooler, ER Sport Oil Cooler, aFe Stg 2 Intake, BMS Oil catch can, Cobb. Is it easy & relatively inexpensive to get a tune custom tailored to the car and should I even bother given the setup I have? Right now I have an OTS map Stage 1 + FMIC Aggressive.

    I appreciate any advice. I don't race the car other than the occasional mad dash from a stoplight. Traction is an issue in 1st, 2nd - guess I can do a better job of modulating it.
    Your location says VA, so i assume you have access to 93 octane pump gas. With that assumption, you should be good running stage 2+ aggressive maps, which say they are aggressive but are actually fairly conservative. Should be fine for daily use.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

    Click here to enlarge

  5. #130
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Va
    Posts
    33
    Rep Points
    75.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for replying and the recommendation on a map - I am in Charlottesville, VA and can get 93 octane. Just noticed I have a bunch of codes but hadn't looked at it since I had the dps and the exhaust put in so maybe they are related to that - I guess these AR catted dps can still cause codes? Car seems to run fine. Would a custom tune make a huge difference?

  6. #131
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Roanoke VA
    Posts
    1,632
    Rep Points
    2,248.3
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lucad Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for replying and the recommendation on a map - I am in Charlottesville, VA and can get 93 octane. Just noticed I have a bunch of codes but hadn't looked at it since I had the dps and the exhaust put in so maybe they are related to that - I guess these AR catted dps can still cause codes? Car seems to run fine. Would a custom tune make a huge difference?
    What codes do you have? It may be normal cat ineffeciency codes or it may not be.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

  7. #132
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Va
    Posts
    33
    Rep Points
    75.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    These codes may have been there for months - I hadn't hooked up the Accessport for that long and hadn't driven the car much over the winter. They are a long list...2AAF, 29F4, 29F5, 2AAF, 29F4, 29F5, 2FCA, 2FDA, 2FDB, 29F5, 29F4.

  8. #133
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Roanoke VA
    Posts
    1,632
    Rep Points
    2,248.3
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lucad Click here to enlarge
    These codes may have been there for months - I hadn't hooked up the Accessport for that long and hadn't driven the car much over the winter. They are a long list...2AAF, 29F4, 29F5, 2AAF, 29F4, 29F5, 2FCA, 2FDA, 2FDB, 29F5, 29F4.
    Those are just cat ineffeciency and shadow codes. Nothing troublesome going on.

    BTW, i'm semi local. Just a little over an hour south on I81 so if you're ever in Roanoke just shoot me PM or something if you want to compare mods or just BS lol
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

  9. #134
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Va
    Posts
    33
    Rep Points
    75.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    Those are just cat ineffeciency and shadow codes. Nothing troublesome going on.

    BTW, i'm semi local. Just a little over an hour south on I81 so if you're ever in Roanoke just shoot me PM or something if you want to compare mods or just BS lol
    Okay will do and I appreciate you giving me the good news on the codes! Now I'm thinking about what's the next mod - maybe LSD to address traction and handling. But I should shut up so the thread can get back on track.

  10. #135
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    1,527
    Rep Points
    1,177.7
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Yes Reputation No
    Your next mod should be learning about your tune and engine.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

  11. #136
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Va
    Posts
    33
    Rep Points
    75.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    Your next mod should be learning about your tune and engine.
    Well I am certainly doing that as best I can given my complete lack of initial knowledge and scant extra time available to invest. I have been reading some of the technical posts on this forum for awhile and trying to understand (interpret) datalogs. Slowly but surely...

  12. #137
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Roanoke VA
    Posts
    1,632
    Rep Points
    2,248.3
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23



    Yes Reputation No
    Everyone has to start somewhere Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

  13. #138
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    1,527
    Rep Points
    1,177.7
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lucad Click here to enlarge
    Well I am certainly doing that as best I can given my complete lack of initial knowledge and scant extra time available to invest. I have been reading some of the technical posts on this forum for awhile and trying to understand (interpret) datalogs. Slowly but surely...
    Click here to enlarge
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

  14. #139
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,229
    Rep Points
    2,205.9
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    you have a leak, check all your vacuum lines first. than all the usual chargepipe and ic connections.
    Did you deduce this solely by his car's inability to hold boost beyond 8-10psi?
    Change is constant

  15. #140
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    1,527
    Rep Points
    1,177.7
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Ghost Click here to enlarge
    Did you deduce this solely by his car's inability to hold boost beyond 8-10psi?
    well its an extremely common problem as well.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

  16. #141
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,150
    Rep Points
    2,656.4
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27


    Yes Reputation No
    I recently traded my Evo X that I had self tuned for a 2010 135i. Picked up my v3 accessport a few days ago and flashed the stg1 aggressive map for a baseline.

    I have no timing corrections and everything seems fine except for how the AFR is currently logging. Both banks seem to have 1.5AFR jumps, with no values in between being logged. My logging resolution is pretty fast too, with all the items I had selected I was still getting about 20 lines per second.

    For example, AFR in my logs will go: 14.7 to 13.2 to 11.8. Those are the only values recorded.

    Here's a VD pic that kind of does a good job of illustrating it. Check out the AFR.

    Any ideas what's going on here?

    Click here to enlarge

  17. #142
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,150
    Rep Points
    2,656.4
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27


    Yes Reputation No
    Also, my other logged fields such as timing, req. load, etc. seem to have less precision than others on the boards here. Mine has one decimal place of precision, while other people's logs I've downloaded to look at have two decimal places of precision.

    Car details: 2010 135i, Accessport v3 w/ latest firmware. car was purchased w/ a dinan flash, which was overwritten by the Cobb.

  18. #143
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Roanoke VA
    Posts
    1,632
    Rep Points
    2,248.3
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jyamona Click here to enlarge
    Also, my other logged fields such as timing, req. load, etc. seem to have less precision than others on the boards here. Mine has one decimal place of precision, while other people's logs I've downloaded to look at have two decimal places of precision.

    Car details: 2010 135i, Accessport v3 w/ latest firmware. car was purchased w/ a dinan flash, which was overwritten by the Cobb.
    I've talked to a couple people that have had bugs with logging on the V3 and you may be experiencing that. I would get in touch with @Josh@Cobb and see what he thinks.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

  19. #144
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    236
    Rep Points
    757.9
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jyamona Click here to enlarge
    Also, my other logged fields such as timing, req. load, etc. seem to have less precision than others on the boards here. Mine has one decimal place of precision, while other people's logs I've downloaded to look at have two decimal places of precision.

    Car details: 2010 135i, Accessport v3 w/ latest firmware. car was purchased w/ a dinan flash, which was overwritten by the Cobb.
    We have changed the precision on some of the monitors in the V3 firmware as it's pointless to have extra decimal places. 190.5 vs 190.54 Load Request is not going to put you into a different cell in a table. That being said, in the initial firmware release, there was an issue with AFR and MAF monitors. Update to the latest beta and this issue should be all sorted out.
    Josh Dankel
    ECU Engineer
    866.922.3059
    Click here to enlarge
    web | forum | blog | facebook | twitter | youtube

  20. #145
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,150
    Rep Points
    2,656.4
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Thanks Josh! Updating to the beta firmware working great, AFR now logs properly! Click here to enlarge

    One last concern of mine are some multi-cylinder timing corrections I'm getting at low load / light throttle. I can't attach a full log on here yet but I took a screenshot of a piece of my log on my drive home yesterday (before fixing AFR logging, obviously). These multi-cylinder ones happened about 3 or 4 times in my 15 minute drive home. One or two cyls' get little corrections more often.

    It seems to happen mostly between 40-60 load, 1500-2500rpm.

    I have no timing correction issues at WOT.

    Motor has 33k on it, dinan stg2 flash was on for 2 years. I'm not sure if the plugs have been changed, but I will be addressing that as well as a walnut blast for good measure soon.

    Any other thoughts on this?

    Click here to enlarge

  21. #146
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,971
    Rep Points
    2,932.4
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    30


    Yes Reputation No
    @jyamona, part throttle corrections are very normal, i wouldn't worry about that.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

    Click here to enlarge

  22. #147
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,150
    Rep Points
    2,656.4
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Even across multiple cylinders like that, and a -5* count? I could understand the random little individual corrections to be normal. The multi cylinder ones seem odd to me though.


    Also, is there any way to change the scaling for the values in the tables, like the Fuel tables for example? It would be much nicer to have them read in AFR values like 14.7 instead of 1.0, and then having 12.0 instead of .820, etc. In the Evo world w/ EcuFlash this was very easy to switch. Can't seem to find a way in AccessTuner though...

  23. #148
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,971
    Rep Points
    2,932.4
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    30


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jyamona Click here to enlarge
    Even across multiple cylinders like that, and a -5* count? I could understand the random little individual corrections to be normal. The multi cylinder ones seem odd to me though.


    Also, is there any way to change the scaling for the values in the tables, like the Fuel tables for example? It would be much nicer to have them read in AFR values like 14.7 instead of 1.0, and then having 12.0 instead of .820, etc. In the Evo world w/ EcuFlash this was very easy to switch. Can't seem to find a way in AccessTuner though...

    The units can be changed under the menu options, i dont have ATR in front of me but i believe its in the advanced options menu, check or uncheck standard units.

    With the timing corrections, if you are seeing them consistently, just tune it out. Since you don't see the corrections under WOT, i doubt its mechanical. Or throw in a splash of E85 or Race gas to see if its octane related.

    In all honesty though, your log looks fairly normal in my eyes. DME is programmed to run ultra lean at low load conditions like that. Combined with its over-reactive timing pulls, that's what you see during part throttle acceleration. I mean 60 load is pretty far from positive boost pressure.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

    Click here to enlarge

  24. #149
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,150
    Rep Points
    2,656.4
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27


    Yes Reputation No
    Got it, thanks! It was under the "Display" tab in Options.

    Any idea what "Use Weighted Interpolation" does?

  25. #150
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,971
    Rep Points
    2,932.4
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    30


    Yes Reputation No
    @jyamona, i have no idea, i don't think i've ever noticed that option before. @Josh@Cobb can hopefully chime in.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

    Click here to enlarge

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •